Azdaja Brewing
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2012-10-31 09:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Now that cruors are pretty much useless I've decided to finish my Ochain and brew Azdaja for the last horns I need.

I don't have Arma COR sadly, so besides WF what WS is efficient to brew it?

Thx in advance.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-31 09:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The new Sleeper brew WS = Resolution while MS is up. I just used it to peel through the scales stage of Ukon for a friend.
By Quiznor 2012-10-31 09:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

AE if.doing several pops at once,or blade:to if one by one
 Valefor.Psykopat
By Valefor.Psykopat 2012-10-31 09:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I had in mind it was resisting AE but I guess I mixed. And that would allow me to brew as THF for TH at the same time so sounds good enough.

Thx for the fast reply guys!
By Quiznor 2012-10-31 09:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

AE isnt great on them,agreed. Been almost a year since i brewed mine but iirc i was dping 5-10k per AE,but killing 3 at once (up to 9 per brew) was great. Blade to SS's have shown it doing 90k to azdaja though

Also remember your screens and poison pots!
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 17:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
AE isnt great on them,agreed. Been almost a year since i brewed mine but iirc i was dping 5-10k per AE,but killing 3 at once (up to 9 per brew) was great. Blade to SS's have shown it doing 90k to azdaja though

Also remember your screens and poison pots!
Seconding the poison pots, even for people trying to pop and gtfo of range. Anyone trying to be 'out of range' to help if you get slept/whatever doesnt work, especially if you AE brew 3 at a time, they will get killed by inevitable AE damage/sleep spam + skeleton aggro lol...
And agreed on AE sucking for brew damage on this guy.

Anyone else coming along for the +2 items should just stay the hell back when you brew multiples at the same time.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-02 17:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If brews aren't going well, it's a pretty easy kill with whm, thf, nin. Good luck.
 Shiva.Sdragon
Server: Shiva
user: sdragon
By Shiva.Sdragon 2012-11-02 17:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

3 pop & Aeolian wedge work fine
 Valefor.Psykopat
By Valefor.Psykopat 2012-11-13 04:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Quiznor

I have tried with Blade: To, wasn't so good. Didn't break 30k dmg which was dissapointing. Mind sharing Atmas and everything that helps doing better dmg plz?

I used atmas of the Beyond, Undying and Ultimate. Forgot ascetic item but not sure it helps.
By Quiznor 2012-11-13 05:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know atmas for it sadly. I dont have NIN levelled. I only saw the SS ages ago on here
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-13 05:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

:To is not a very good brew WS under normal conditions. The hybrid nature of it allows for great numbers with double/triple attacks, though. I wouldn't recommend this really, it's unreliable and averages lower than wildfire/edge/good physical ws.

However, if you go THF/NIN with a trainee burin, you can SA :To for an essentially guaranteed one shot. Razed Ruins/Beyond/Smiting Blow. It's been a while and I'm pretty sure you're fine with no gear, but AF3+2 hands, breeze gorget/belt, and any crit damage+% should add a decent chunk if needed.

Depending on fight style, this might or not be practical. If you're locking down by the flux and pulling azdajas there every 15 min(just doing deelgeed with a lock), you could kill near/exactly thirty pops on one brew(6 sec to SA WS and relock * 30 = 3 minutes).

If you're cleaving pops or even have amber built single targeting, the time spent running all the way down there'll add up. Waiting a full minute for SA will add up. Locking by the spawn can be messy, though if you coordinate well its certainly doable to sneak the THF as it dies so they can lock on a chest and still get a decent amount of kills in. This'll reduce the # vs a.edge(though I imagine it'd still win by a lot).

It pretty much comes down to how much you value cruor, how many people you have, and what jobs are available. If you're amber farming and have spare cruor/bodies, edge killing 5+ at a time will get it done faster, it'll just cost more brews.
 Valefor.Psykopat
By Valefor.Psykopat 2012-11-13 07:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for the tip!

I'm just missing 6 horns now so should be done fast :) Gonna try SA :To for the lulz I guess :)
By Zephin 2012-11-13 18:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
:To is not a very good brew WS under normal conditions. The hybrid nature of it allows for great numbers with double/triple attacks, though. I wouldn't recommend this really, it's unreliable and averages lower than wildfire/edge/good physical ws.

However, if you go THF/NIN with a trainee burin, you can SA :To for an essentially guaranteed one shot. Razed Ruins/Beyond/Smiting Blow. It's been a while and I'm pretty sure you're fine with no gear, but AF3+2 hands, breeze gorget/belt, and any crit damage+% should add a decent chunk if needed.

Depending on fight style, this might or not be practical. If you're locking down by the flux and pulling azdajas there every 15 min(just doing deelgeed with a lock), you could kill near/exactly thirty pops on one brew(6 sec to SA WS and relock * 30 = 3 minutes).

If you're cleaving pops or even have amber built single targeting, the time spent running all the way down there'll add up. Waiting a full minute for SA will add up. Locking by the spawn can be messy, though if you coordinate well its certainly doable to sneak the THF as it dies so they can lock on a chest and still get a decent amount of kills in. This'll reduce the # vs a.edge(though I imagine it'd still win by a lot).

It pretty much comes down to how much you value cruor, how many people you have, and what jobs are available. If you're amber farming and have spare cruor/bodies, edge killing 5+ at a time will get it done faster, it'll just cost more brews.

Azdaja wasn't a clear 1 shot with SA/TA Blade: to. I only have razed/beyond/SS. Haven't tried smiting. If you do a SC you should be able to do it though. Fast Blade > To, or Teki > To. Gives you an extra 10-20k in SC dmg.

Dragua was a clean 99,999 dmg single shot kill.

Bukhis with SC was only 80%, and dmg went up and down. 70k'ish + 30k SC.

Haven't done much for others. Gonna try glavoid at some point. Should be easy though.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-13 18:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

By Vudoku 2012-11-13 19:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

JOB: THF/NIN
WEAPON:Trainee Burin (DO NOT EQUIP SECOND WEAPON)
GEAR ESSENTIALS: Loki's Kaftan,Raid. Armlets +2, Qirmiz Tathlum,
Cavaros Mantle
ATMA'S: UNDYING, BEYOND, RR
Need voker and sata partner, stun member is always a plus.