Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Thief Dancing Edge set at 99
Thief Dancing Edge set at 99
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-28 11:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
DC dyna mobs, DE usually wins, your crit rate suffers a lot, especially on things like gobbues and trees. Who brings a THF to anything higher than that?
Your crit rate suffers a lot? Compared to what? Abyssea?

You can still get in the dDEX sweet spot against dynamis mobs. This ups your crit rate dramatically. Go check this thread: Especially Page 5

"can you please post some DE sets @ 99"

"no, DE sucks, here's an Resolution set"

I think he handled it well, and DE does outperform evis stacked or unstacked outside abby on higher level stuff.

lol. Do some people just live in fantasy land? Seriously, what's actually written is still on the same page. This paraphrase is worse than the political campaign ads on television.
By Zephin 2012-10-28 11:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When i page burn on dnc, which is weak mobs, i use DE over evis. Why? does more dmg

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-28 11:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
DC dyna mobs, DE usually wins, your crit rate suffers a lot, especially on things like gobbues and trees. Who brings a THF to anything higher than that?
Your crit rate suffers a lot? Compared to what? Abyssea? You can still get in the dDEX sweet spot against dynamis mobs. This ups your crit rate dramatically. Go check this thread: Especially Page 5
"can you please post some DE sets @ 99" "no, DE sucks, here's an Resolution set" I think he handled it well, and DE does outperform evis stacked or unstacked outside abby on higher level stuff.
lol. Do some people just live in fantasy land? Seriously, what's actually written is still on the same page. This paraphrase is worse than the political campaign ads on television.

Its harder for elvaan to stack enough dex to hit that "sweet spot", DE generally performs better. And regardless, that wasn't the question.

The paraphrase wasn't poor, btw, as in, evis and exten sets are as relevant to the OP's question as reso or hexa. He didn't ask about evis or exten, he asked about DE.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-28 11:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Makado said: »
Makado said: »
Looking for an unstacked set for Dancing Edge with level 99 gear.
Ramuh.Austar said: »
why?
Perhaps he can't merit Exenterator since SE wont let us merit more than 3 weapon skills and he's unsatisfied with his unstacked Evisceration damage.
Ramuh.Austar said: »
then he'll be even more unsatisfied with dancing edge
and.... /thread

Well when ppl answer my original post this way i say it a different way, besides my math shows DE winning in dmg in Dynamis and that's with so-so gear. What i posted is what i think would work quite well. Feel free to adjust it.
I would love to see your math.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-28 11:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-28 11:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure his math ignored likely critical hit rates and critical attack bonus.

If you're not dDEX capped on DC mobs for a DEX modded WS then you're doing something horribly wrong.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2012-10-28 12:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't given much recent thought to using DE but I'd probably go something like this.
Back in the day, DE always had pretty sh*tty accuracy.
I always did well prioritizing DEX > ACC > ATT > STR
CHR where you can but it should be the very last thing to look for.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-10-28 12:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Im an elvaan and with dex merits i have 101 or 103 dex then got loads in ws set evis does a hell of a lot more than DE. Race stats arent that much of an issue anymore with high end gear and such have high amounts of x stat these days rather then wht they used to be like at 75.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-28 12:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Your crit rate suffers a lot? Compared to what? Abyssea? You can still get in the dDEX sweet spot against dynamis mobs. This ups your crit rate dramatically. Go check this thread: Especially Page 5
"can you please post some DE sets @ 99" "no, DE sucks, here's an Resolution set" I think he handled it well, and DE does outperform evis stacked or unstacked outside abby on higher level stuff.

Its harder for elvaan to stack enough dex to hit that "sweet spot", DE generally performs better. And regardless, that wasn't the question.

The paraphrase wasn't poor, btw, as in, evis and exten sets are as relevant to the OP's question as reso or hexa. He didn't ask about evis or exten, he asked about DE.
Actually, he didn't even ask. Try again.

Gimme the best level 99 Wasp Sting set. Gimme the best level 99 Viper Bite set. Gimme the best level 99 Dancing Edge set.

When you demand that people post gear sets that aren't even worth gearing for, you are going to get responses telling you to gear for relevant weapon skills instead. That advice is far better than wasting time trying to find gear for sub-par weapon skills.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-28 12:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I'm sure his math ignored likely critical hit rates and critical attack bonus.

If you're not dDEX capped on DC mobs for a DEX modded WS then you're doing something horribly wrong.
QFT