Exenterator/Evisceration/Rudra'sStorm.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Exenterator/Evisceration/Rudra'sStorm.
Exenterator/Evisceration/Rudra'sStorm.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-24 18:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but I could. Counter damage really doesn't add up to a whole lot anyways for a THF since counters are mainhand only and it's also reduced by mob's casting and TP moves.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-24 18:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
No, but I could. Counter damage really doesn't add up to a whole lot anyways for a THF since counters are mainhand only and it's also reduced by mob's casting and TP moves.
Those two combos look nearly equal in Motenten's spreadsheets if you don't factor in counter damage (1% in favor of SS/RR/Apoc with the gear I have in right now, but it was 1% in favor of SS/GH/RR with the gear I had in earlier). I could see counter damage, even if it's negligible, causing GH/SS/RR to win by a little.

Either way, those two combos look really close, with GH/RR/Apoc lagging behind.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-24 18:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally use RR/SS/Apoc because I'm too lazy to search for GH anyways.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-24 19:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Evasion capped, you will get hit 1/5 times. GH gives 10% counter rate. So 1/10 of those hits you will counter.

That means you will get a counter swing 1/50 times that a monster swings at you (if you're evasion capped).

I don't know how often a monster swings, but I think you'd be looking at less than 0.5% increase in damage from counter hits given 1v1 scenarios.

Even if SS/GH/RR is better in some cases, getting 1% more damage for the loss of auto-reraise would be dumb. For the time(s) where you would benefit from the auto-reraise, it's going to make up for ALL the times you might have had 1% increase in damage.

Personally, I have Apoc/RR/SS as my predefined atmas, so I run with that on every job I play in abyssea.

*edit* I started this post before I read Austar's!
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-24 19:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I never use auto reraise anymore anyways. If I die, it'll take less time to HP and just tank it forever on my WHM and run back than it would be to wait on weakness.
[+]
 Bismarck.Voren
Server: Bismarck
user: Voren
By Bismarck.Voren 2012-10-25 02:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In party situations I usually use RR/GH/Apoc. I get about 35%ish triple attack rate with Apoc which allows me to farm a little easier while the NIN, WAR, WHM, BLM, and etc. are dealing with the NM after I've stuck TH8. I've not had any luck with drops when I stick TH9+.

From my own experiences inside Abyssea, my THF takes hate off of a NIN/DNC even when they've capped delay reduction and they use the same atmas as I do, or at least RR and Apoc, can't remember his third, but I believe it's GH.

Atmas are all situational on THF. Are you tanking solid, back-up tank, just TH then farming, DDing etc.? All situational as to which atmas you want.

I've tested Exenterator inside Abyssea on mobs that con EP-T as well as outside on EP and those Puks in Boyahda that con VT. I've tested it in Dynamis, Limbus, and Nyzul (not Neo). Unstacked I get an average of about 1k-1.5k EP, 900-1.1k VT outside and not much more spectaculat inside. Stacked, add about another 600-800 to those figures.

Evisceration I get nearly consistant 2.7k-3.5k inside Abyssea unstacked, I pulled a stacked 4.5k a few times on trash mobs just for shits and grins, usually do 1.9k-3.5k on NMs, still need to tweek gear though.

I'd alternate TA and SA unless Bully is up. SA and TA are on the same timers unless you've meritted SA recast, but still, if Bully is up, chances are SA and TA are as well. Bully-TA-SA-Evisceration makes daddy happy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2012-10-25 02:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Voren said: »
In party situations I usually use RR/GH/Apoc. I get about 35%ish triple attack rate with Apoc
I got 41% TA in abyssea tping normally with 2 pieces of gear stacking "triple attack dmg +" hmm what gearset you using?

Sorry for the type out, don't know how to place a gear set on here, I know /derp.

TH proc:
Aluh and Thief daggers
Raider's Boomerang, prolly need to change that to Q. Tathlam
Raider's Bonnet +2
Suppanomimi
Brutal
Raider's Vest +2
Assassin's Armlets +2
Rajas
Spiral
Atheling Mantle
Twilight Belt
Raider's Culottes +2
Raider's Poulaines +2

For TP
Sub Triplus dagger
Brego Gloves
Assassin's Polaines +2
All else the same

Tanking
Sub Thokcha AGI
Heed Ring
Can swap in Ungar Boomerang, but never really need that with AGi dagger
Raider's Poulaines +2

There's things I want, but honestly until then, in Abyssea I still beat NIN unless they /WAR for double attack.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Server: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2012-10-25 05:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Should never make AGI dagger
By Voren 2012-10-25 06:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Wakabo said: »
Should never make AGI dagger

It's got its seldom uses, but yeah, I should have done a STR instead. I'll be fixing that error as soon as I get done with some other trials.