BST Dragua Solo Strategy
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-07 18:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently finished the Ulhuadshi stage, and was looking to spam Dragua to get my 75 scales.
I read that Beastmaster can solo this. My BST is decent, however I saw someone say they were using RR/DC/FF atmas on it, with Falcorr Pet.

Which FF atma are they referring too? The addle one? or Mdef one?
They also said they stood back and let the pet kill it, and it took some time. Surely if they just stood back and watched it die, RR becomes useless?

Any tips for this fight would be great, thanks!
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2012-10-07 19:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Future Fabulous(WoTG) I imagine.

Razed Ruins is sort of needed for any Bst solo though. Pet damage is pretty pathetic on NMs without the crits and fights would just drag on to long.
No experience with Bst solo on Dragua though so I can't add much more than that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-07 19:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, I don't have that one yet. I got RR MC DG Vicissitude etc though.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2012-10-07 19:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally use ralphie with RR DG and FF. I havent tried falcor but that will be a whole lot faster
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-07 19:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is future fabulous essential? If so, I guess i got to work on them WOTG missions ; ;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-07 19:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not doable, I ain't buying another computer and content id just to duo Dragua ; ;

I have a lot of patience, if it requires I solo most of them its no problem. I might get help from time to time, but I can't rely on help all the time, so knowing the best strategy for so many solos will help me out. Thanks.
By Aeyela 2012-10-07 19:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice you don't have Summoner levelled, but Garuda can kill Dragua with ridiculous ease. If you have a Summoner friend who could come with you it will speed the fights up no end as well as basically make it impossible to fail.

Both Dragua's magic and two powerful TP moves (Breath and Wing) are earth based and Garuda takes practically no damage from this. With Ducal Guard and Mounted Champion she takes hardly any damage from melee attacks either. In most fights I haven't even had to heal her, Mounted Champion covers the damage she takes.

It'd be a lot of work to level Summoner for the one fight but it really does make it easier. Find a friend and get them to come kill with you! You won't regret it and they can hold another key item for you. :)

Sorry for the lack of info regarding Beast, I'm not experienced with it to provide any input on that. But in terms of this monster and ptet burning, when I've duoed Dragua with a Beastmaster my Garuda has ended up tanking 99.99% of the time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-07 19:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Not doable, I ain't buying another computer and content id just to duo Dragua ; ;
you can have many characters on one comp using certain programs and duoing opens up a lot of doors, not just dragua. But fair enough.

I don't have the money for another content ID even if I wanted too.

Anyway I know Dragua is soloable by BST. Is Future Fabuolous essential to have for it though?

Edit: Guess I will work on those missions before attempting it.
By Aeyela 2012-10-07 19:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway I know Dragua is soloable by BST. Is Future Fabuolous essential to have for it though?

You'll need it for the Magic Defense Bonus... Dragua's nukes will hit your pets hard. That's why Garuda is so good as she has an exceptionally high earth resistance.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-07 19:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Thanks. I will need to do it for Moonshade anyway. Is my last main mission line to complete, aside from the Shantotto one I never got round to completing :P

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-07 19:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That will save me a lot of money lol :)
 Fenrir.Ghostknight
Server: Fenrir
user: Zeraphion
By Fenrir.Ghostknight 2012-10-07 19:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't worry so much about your pet dieing, and more if your pet can even kill it in two hours... Dragua has high regen/def
By Zephin 2012-10-07 19:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

you can have many characters on one comp using certain programs and duoing opens up a lot of doors, not just dragua. But fair enough.

I don't have the money for another content ID even if I wanted too.

Edit: Guess I will work on those missions before attempting it.

Gooey would probably be faster to obtain. He has high magic resist. Not saying its perfect i'm sure he could do it alot better than most pets.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-07 19:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To put it in perspective if you were sitting there with nothing and dragua nuked you for 1000 dmg, putting on future fabulous would make his nuke hit you for like ~550 dmg.

It's potency is still weakened by your pet having more MDT but still, it's that valuable

Would hit for 666.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-07 19:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So which pet is better, ralphie, gooey or falcorr?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-07 19:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If Dragua has no magic attack bonus, it would be:

(100+0)/(100+50)*Damage, so 100/150*1000 = 666.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-10-07 19:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really into a debate on magic defense, just which pet is better for Dragua :P
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-07 20:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's still not accurate, since 100/101 = .9901

All you're doing is raising your denominator.

Post deleted by User.
By Aeyela 2012-10-07 20:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend always uses Ralphie because Dragua's melee attacks can be brutal. But that's with a Garuda taking most of the hits... So for solo, it might not be the best choice.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-10-07 20:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have beat it with gooey. Falcor hits harder but takes way to much magic DMG. Bring 2 stacks of food and 10 to 12 dawns. Have temps ready if your luck is bad. I used RR,DC and Vis atmas.
[+]
By Zephin 2012-10-07 20:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really into a debate on magic defense, just which pet is better for Dragua :P

Try Gooey if you want MDB. With -87.5% PDT physical dmg shouldn't be to bad. Basic MDT with ducal is -68% MDT(Ducal/MKE/+2 legs) with MDB on gooey.

On the other topic i found no use for MDB axes, i had 2 axes with a combined +16MDB and couldn't register any difference in dmg taken. This was on top of my -68% MDT set. Found more of a difference with shepard's chain and -3% belt putting me to -73%. I put my MDB axes away and have rarely used them.
By Aeyela 2012-10-07 20:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fool's Powders work on Avatars, maybe they do on Pets as well? Useful for moments where you need a breather or your pet needs to regenerate some HP. Fanatic's Powders are helpful too (assuming it works on pets) and Dragua will always drop one upon defeat, I usually use mine every fight at some point.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-10-07 20:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No matter what you use. It will be a long and expensive fight. Bring a freind and save some gil.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-01 06:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill force my dad to come do it then. Or just duel box his char. His SMN is pretty good. I will get round to it at some point. Thanks.
First Page 2