Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Dark Knight and Absorb Spells
Dark Knight and Absorb Spells
By theeklipse85 2012-10-04 16:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok first off let me say I'm not the number cruncher I used to be back in the day and due to an extended absence there maybe some finer points that I am missing.

Recently I decided to get back into playing DRK as I have my rag for my war and in the right situation I know DRK can pull ahead, more over I like to be rounded. I started doing some research on the effectivness of absorb spells and was wondering a few things. Lets start by allowing me to make a few assumptions based on some limited research.

1 ) Absorbed attribute points are dropped at a rate of 1 per every 3 ticks until the spell wears off. (roughly every 9 seconds)

2) Base weapons CAN absorb up to 18 ("This mythic weapon increases amount drained from 18 to 21"-Wikia")

3) This amount can be futher increased by 65% to 30(Nether Void / Bale Emp Armor )

- First question is here is there a cap at 18 ? or can NV/LEgs extend this to 30/33(mythic)

3)Each piece of Black/Onyx Gear extends the duration 10/15*(~BG) respectively, while the Chuparrosa Mantle carries another 20 seconds. So from conservative to be liberal (60 seconds to 80) For this excerise Ill assume you can get @15 per HQ.

-Now comes the second question, does "Enchance-Absorb" effect's duration increase extend the period in which there is no negation of Attribute i.e at you could hold 18/30 Stat bonus for 60/80 seconds ?

- If not then how does it extend the duration based on another variable simply ticking down every 9 seconds

I know this is a bit wordy for two questions, and could be a bit confusing without looking at the excel file. ANy insight would be apprecaited, thank you.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-04 17:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

theeklipse85 said: »
1 ) Absorbed attribute points are dropped at a rate of 1 per every 3 ticks until the spell wears off. (roughly every 9 seconds)
I believe it's actually once every "tock", or 10 seconds.

Quote:
2) Base weapons CAN absorb up to 18 ("This mythic weapon increases amount drained from 18 to 21"-Wikia")
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Absorb_Spell

Quote:
3) This amount can be futher increased by 65% to 30(Nether Void / Bale Emp Armor )
65% with +1, 75% with +2.

Quote:
3)Each piece of Black/Onyx Gear extends the duration 10/15*(~BG) respectively, while the Chuparrosa Mantle carries another 20 seconds. So from conservative to be liberal (60 seconds to 80) For this excerise Ill assume you can get @15 per HQ.
[verification needed]

Quote:
-Now comes the second question, does "Enchance-Absorb" effect's duration increase extend the period in which there is no negation of Attribute i.e at you could hold 18/30 Stat bonus for 60/80 seconds ?
no

Quote:
- If not then how does it extend the duration based on another variable simply ticking down every 9 seconds
Just keeps incrementing downwards until it hits the new duration limit.
By theeklipse85 2012-10-04 17:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for a few pieces of clarification, bg/wiki seem to be off in a few places,

Edited, found it will tic off after 90 seconds, thank you
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-04 17:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

theeklipse85 said: »
So the duration would be 40*10(tock) 400 seconds
No. The base duration would be 90 seconds, the duration with 3/5 NQ JSE and Chuparossa Mantle would be 140 seconds. Whatever your stat is at that point in time does not matter as long as it's above 0.
By theeklipse85 2012-10-04 18:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ya just saw that, editing my post ty for the help