users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Melee- Mandau TP/WS Sets
RDM Melee- Mandau TP/WS Sets
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-09-17 00:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping to get some advice on gearsets for RDM with Mandau. It is embarrassing, but I haven't really played rdm in a while and am pretty much clueless on current gear. Yet and still, I would like to do it right, so any advice is appreciated.

If I could get suggestions on optimal sets as well as sets that don't use r/ex voidwatch gear, (as I have yet to touch that event and would be a while before I could obtain said gear), that would be great.

Also, what ws should I be using? I know unstacked mercy on thf isn't an option, but is this the case for rdm as well?

If it helps;
elvaan
95 mandau
str/dex merits
5/5 exenterator

Again, any advice is appreciated, and thank you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Gilder
Server: Carbuncle
user: dewzedo
By Carbuncle.Gilder 2012-09-17 01:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was playing around with some gear a few weeks ago and came up with this

Since you don't want to include vw gear I suppose you could use Dux mail +1 instead of Kuzdu. The tp sets should be similiar to the ones discussed in the other rdm melee threads. Mercy stroke isn't all that terrible unstacked even on THF at 95 Mandau (compared to evisceration), should be worth using on RDM.

edit: I havent really looked into extenterator, it might be better with the right gear
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-17 02:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is the strongest offhand vs STR Shikagar and Aluh?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-09-18 06:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Gilder said: »
I was playing around with some gear a few weeks ago and came up with this

Since you don't want to include vw gear I suppose you could use Dux mail +1 instead of Kuzdu. The tp sets should be similiar to the ones discussed in the other rdm melee threads. Mercy stroke isn't all that terrible unstacked even on THF at 95 Mandau (compared to evisceration), should be worth using on RDM.

edit: I havent really looked into extenterator, it might be better with the right gear

RDM can't use Gigantes for feet, probably would want one of the attack options.

I'd go with STR sword for off hand, though if you didn't put merits into sword but you did with dagger then that dagger would be fine.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2012-10-09 16:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you "must" have STR on feet slot, the Trophy feet from abyssea for the RDM/BLU set can get up to +6STR augment on them.