Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Maat Fight
RDM Maat Fight
 Kujata.Gooby
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-06-12 10:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I did mine at 66 RDM, went 1/2. First go around I went in on Darksday and I ran up to him right away. 5 resisted sleeps in a row despite having capped enfeeb/merits+gear for it. I went on to continue the fight after the 6th sleep landed. Buffed, debuffed Maat, Chainspell > Stone III til' I had to Sleep him for Convert. Needless to say, I ran out of MP at about 29%.. wasn't prepared for the HP/Convert loss due to the initial resisted sleeps :(

Second go at him, I went in on Firesday. Took some Mulsums, Hi-Pots and won it fairly easily.
 Shiva.Ragnell
Server: Shiva
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-06-12 10:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just recently beat maat a few days ago, currently 1/3.

first fight I forgot to put back up SS and blink and he double asuran fist'd me when he woke.

Second time he wouldn't sleep, when I finally got ***in order and chainnuked Aero3 I ran out of mp to cast Aero, as I casted sleep, he Asuran fisted me OHKO.

and 3rd was near perfect

User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2009-06-17 04:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't seem to stop checking on thread, hoping u get ur fight over with and the glorious win.

Don't give up and level another job to avoid silly old Maat. Watch some you-tube and think out you're plan step by step. Someone mentioned can't u bind and not get hit by Asuran Fists? Yes you can, but as soon as bind wears and/or he takes damage he'll be at you like a rocket.

Neways, good luck again, and keep us posted. ^^