RDM Maat Fight
First Page 2 3
 Hades.Rieyuu
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 20:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I tried doing my first rdm maat yesterday...and he completely owned me..I got all the meds I'd need and got most of the INT gear needed was only missing custom feet..but his shadows from the start are what killed me.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice ; ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 20:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I never used meds just enfeebling then int and of course HQ staves. yeah there are some shadows at start spam some spells itll come down fast. Make sure to be fully buffed and have both sleep 1 and 2 maccro and even bind and grav as generally speaking sleep will fail often enough where it hurts but not so much that 2 sleeps shouldnt stick or at least that was how it was like 3 years ago lol. Really if he owns you in the time it takes you to know blink off... there are problems
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-28 20:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Give up and level a DD job instead.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 21:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No it just made a problem at first but then all my sleeps were getting resisted..and then I died, and I was thinking about using Diaga at the start but didnt know if that was a really bad idea not being able to sleep him
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 21:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
No it just made a problem at first but then all my sleeps were getting resisted..and then I died, and I was thinking about using Diaga at the start but didnt know if that was a really bad idea not being able to sleep him

All out on enfeebling then it I mean all out. diaga bad I used dia the first time cept it was litterally a month or so after they made it so blink didnt always absorb lol whoops. But yeah going all out on enfeebling then int and pluto staff I never had more then 1 sleep resisted in a row. Spikes also a bad idea they tend to somehow proc after you hit mobs with sleep/bind even though they clearly attacked you before the sleep.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 21:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lol alright scratch that idea then =P um and I'd looove to use pluto's but < poor atm ; ; so I'm stuck with dark
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-05-28 21:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

His shadows pwnt me also (my extreme nervousness in boss fights didnt halp also). Back when I did it I brought a vile elixir and a vile elixir+1. Buff up with everything, rest mp, and when ready, run in and diaga to remove shadows and CS+aero3 him to death. Use vile elixir when hp and mp are low, keep spamming aero3 and use your other vile elixir if needed.

I didnt have any fancy gear, I was a gimpy rdm of gimpyness.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 21:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

meh I didnt use any meds or 2hr... and never even took dmg wasnt into zerging back then also taru hp is asking for death lol
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 21:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

well ty =) I'll give it a try...and how did you CS A3 you didnt dispell him at all?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 21:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
well ty =) I'll give it a try...and how did you CS A3 you didnt dispell him at all?

Theoretically if you run right in hell have minimal buffs... your taking a chance though
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-05-28 21:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I did RDM maat fight as Mithra and Elvaan. Elvaan is like... hard as hell compared to Mithra. I was like 1/16 on Elvaan cause i kept trying different things to figure out how to do it. Basically if I didn't land Sleep or Bind within the first 3 spells I was *** lol

*** kept doing asuran fists 3 times in a row with no delay which always *** me over. I tried doing it with my 2hr, hurt more then helped so I did it without.

Didn't buff at first just ran right in and casted Sleep Sleep II Bind until one landed then buffed after. Didn't bother casting Silence cause that screwed me over more then helped cause Range was a huge issue when it came to him ws'ing me. Slow, Para, Blind. Even with full buffs Asuran Fists *** me over everytime lol

Kept Blink SS Phalanx Refresh Haste up at all times. I'd imagine with Composure now the fight is easier cause having to cast Phalanx Refresh and Haste over and over again cause of lack of elvaan MP didn't help much. Remember if you're using composure to click it off as soon as you're done buffing... I know a lot of RDMs don't do that...

I didn't use any food, I used a Vile Elixir and Slept him during his 2hr. Did Nuke>Sleep>Nuke>Sleep until I had to rebuff, bind if sleep didn't land. Used Aero III.

Mainly INT gear a few MP slots where I couldn't get extra INT, HQ Ice Earth Wind staff. Kept Earth Equiped when I wasn't casting anything.

Fight was pretty annoying especially for a first 70 Maat fight as RDM.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Edit: Oh yeah, after first Sleep/Bind whatever lands Dispel until nothing else Dispels
 Seraph.Azdeh
Server: Seraph
user: Azdeh
By Seraph.Azdeh 2009-05-28 21:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont need HQ staves but they are helpful. The one thing i'd recommend is spider torque, its rather cheapish but will help you tons in landing sleep. BTW, as soon as you enter he'll be buffin up as well so i'd suggest only puttin up SS then off to sleep him quick. Once asleep, dispel and buff up(really only SS and blink needed) oh and gtfo range first >.>. For meds, bring like 6-8 hi pots, i used melon+1 and an int potion. I also went in naked and had all gear macro'd once inside lol, supposedly he gets all ur stats from gear when you go in but w/e u wanna believe lol didnt hurt to try. Take it slow and just Nuke > Sleep > rest a few ticks and repeat. I forget when but around 50% if you need to convert, use hi pots and chainspell to win. Sorry if its too long to read >.>;
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-05-28 21:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it as a 69 Elvaan... wasn't really hard. I went 1/1 in about 6-7 minutes...

I went in naked, buffed up with stoneskin, phalanx. Didn't bother with blink or aquaviel because they annoy me. Protect IV and Shock Spikes than an ether to restore my mp. Geared up, another ether, ran in, slow and para and a dispel, then chainspell Aero III, out of mp, Vile Elixir +1, aero III, bind, attempt to sleep II, have it stick first time, rest till he woke up, then more aero III's.

Food I used whatever pie (melon maybe) gives +int. An int potion for meds. Only staff I took was an Auster's, kept it on the whole fight with a staff strap. Other than that the only gear I really used was rdm af with elemental and enfeeble bonuses, the pimp hat, and cobra feet hands and legs from campaign. Fairly cheap fight, fairly easy win.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-05-28 21:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

cream puffs are good if you don't need extra MP idk what race you are
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 21:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well one thing I'm wondering will he "Always" have blink up when you go to fight him?
The gear I have atm ~ All Staves except HQ Ice, Bugard Leather strap +1,
Phantom Tathlum,
Warlocks Chapeau,
Spider Torque,
Moldavite Earring,
Astral Earring,
Warlocks Tabard,
Marine F Gloves,
Zircon ring x2,
Red Cape +1,
Pent Rope,
Warlock Tights,
Cobra Pigaches
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 21:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume & I brought Yag drinks, cream puffs, and a vile elixer
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-05-28 21:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not if you go run in at the start. he buffs randomly sometimes he'll have blink other times not
 Seraph.Tarstark
user: Tarstark
By Seraph.Tarstark 2009-05-28 21:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it at 66.
Borrow HQ thunder staff or HQ w/e staff your going to spam during CS.
I did Thunder II.

I didn't use vile elixiers or ethers. I took 2/3 stacks of muslims.

Take food, and eat it before you enter. Take a 3 yagudo drinks and use them. Yes, you have refresh, but it also costs you 40 mp.

As stated above, sleeps/binds/gravity. macro them w/ appropriate staff, Borrow HQ!

Buy a grammery cape. That mag. acc +1 will help you far more than int+3 will.

And the most important thing is, before you enter, do the fight in your head over and over, what you'll do, the order., et cetra. Even do little things like if he resists this or that. Dispells. This way your more mentally prepared.

Its not a hard fight if you prepare right and you do it in your head enough so your not shot with nerves.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 21:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I was rather HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE at first I just realized that I used my aquilo's for aero 3 ; ; and I dont think I dispelled shell bec it only ended up doing 130 =P
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-05-28 21:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
So I tried doing my first rdm maat yesterday...and he completely owned me..I got all the meds I'd need and got most of the INT gear needed was only missing custom feet..but his shadows from the start are what killed me.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice ; ;

Dispel, Dispel, Dispel, The less he has on you, the better it is, the way i did it was...
* Buff self
* Rest to full
* Run up, Chainspell
* Dispell (till there is nothing left)
* Gravity
* Bind
* Aero Three (untill no more MP)
* Sleep (if you really need to)
* Convert
* Moar aero three
* Vile Elixir +1
Your two hour shouldnt run out, the key is speed, as soon as you 2hr its go time. all you really "need" is the elixir, if your a tar00 you can probably do this with just the NQ
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 22:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

well ty all for the help after I get another test I'll try again with this hopefully I'll do better this time ^^
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-05-28 22:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieyuu said:
well ty all for the help after I get another test I'll try again with this hopefully I'll do better this time ^^

Suggestion, do Ruby Quadav to get your test, its actualy kinda harder then maat, do it without meds, or two hours, and you will get an idea.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 23:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Will do, ty =)...tbh I havent actually faught that yet. I was with a friend killing um one of the pots in Ro'meve <sp> killing the pots for an enspell
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 23:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

fought~
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-28 23:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i normally tell people who complain about Maat fights on RDM to level another job. RDM is great, if you beat him and its your first 75, good job. But personally, I'm so happy that I did my Maat fight on BLM vs RDM simply for the reasons stated above. As many know, RDM is formidable, with its buffs, enfeebling spells and skill, and versatility. This also means that RDM Maat is all these and more. You have most the gear already, BLM wouldn't be out of the question, but good luck on whipping Maat's ***.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-05-28 23:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ty ^^
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-28 23:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

np
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-05-29 00:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

@dispel question: I probably did dispel him before or during CS to remove any chance of shell and in hopes Maat'd do something dumb like cast an enspell on himself. It was a long time ago. Took me 11 tries to beat maat :X I tried doing it the old fashioned sleep, bind, nuke method and continuously got walloped. So I caved, bought some emds and did it the CSzerg way. Obviously your own experiences will very.

Quote:
Suggestion, do Ruby Quadav to get your test, its actualy kinda harder then maat, do it without meds, or two hours, and you will get an idea.

I do like this idea. I solo'd a good chunk of my own testimonies this way minus a couple times when a friend showed me how or came to help out of boredom. Its good sleep+nuking practice and safe because theres a zone behind you. Ruby quadav just has a freakishly long respawn time. I didnt think it was harder then maat...I could solo ruby just fine but couldnt beat maat for the life of me :X
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-02 00:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I fought Maat as 70rdm even though I didn't have to. I had whm 75 and thought I had to do it at 70 x.x
Only thing I would suggest really is to cap your enfeebling and elemental magic first. I went 1/1 without 2hr or meds. I did have enfeebling earring and torque and elemental torque, jse, mcb, and HQ staves, though. That might be the difference in this fight from all of the horror stories I hear from my fellow rdms.
He didn't cast blink on for me at start. but if you think he might have it assume he does and open with diaga (then bind/grav and WAIT for it to wear off). I opened with bind, dispel, grav, and then nuke bind etc. Wait for bind to be ready before you nuke in case his grav wears. I wasn't trying to be fast and kept my 2hr in reserve, but I never needed it.
Cap your skills and camp dune widow for Spider Torque and try to find other gear to improve your INT and elemental/enfeebs. Try to get Master Caster Bracelents as they are +7 to elemental and enfeebling skill. I should think those plus AF would be enough. If not there's some other gear around. Some easy to get and cheap and some not so much.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Enfeebling_Magic#Equipment_that_Enhances_this_Skill
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Elemental_Magic
Good luck!
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Server: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-06-02 00:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 1/7 on RDM Maat. I tried it at 66 and finally ended up winning at 69. My problem was not being risky enough. I was too safe making sure he was far enough away from me and didn't take the chance to nuke. I don't know if that helps at all, but that was my vice.
First Page 2 3