users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Mega Moglification: Fishing
Mega Moglification: Fishing
 Fenrir.Yankeestom
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Yankeestom 2012-08-07 14:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The way the various wikis read, it sounds like the Mega Moglification: Fishing that you get from the Fisherman's Stall basically replaces the other moghancements. Is that correct? It seems strange that a piece you can get from a 15k guild point item would render 400k worth of guild point items worthless.

In other words: now that I have the stall, there's no point in collecting guild points in order to get the signboard or map, right?
By Squabble 2012-08-07 14:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't obtain Mega Moglification for just having the stall. You need the 150k and 200k GP items as well or else you will only have Moghancement / Mega Moghancement.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-08-07 14:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

not true, only need stall for +5skill
[+]
 Fenrir.Yankeestom
By Fenrir.Yankeestom 2012-08-07 14:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I did get the Mega Moglification KI after placing only the stall in my Mog House. I just wasn't sure if the hidden stats that it gives would be any more or less based on whether or not you had the other items.
 Fenrir.Frobos
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-08-07 14:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Mega Moglification with only my stall...
[+]
By Squabble 2012-08-08 00:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that is interesting then. You still need the 150k and 200k GP items though to be cool at least. <_<
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2012-08-08 01:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I get Mega Moglification with just Stall. The 200k GP item increases the rate of tiring fish slightly, and the 150k and/or Big One furnishing allows you to discern when you have a bite on your line faster, decreasing the "idle" time when your rod is out. I dont think you get those extra enhancements unless you have the stall first though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-08-08 01:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Squabble said: »
Well that is interesting then. You still need the 150k and 200k GP items though to be cool at least. <_<
Do you have other pieces of furniture in your MH? Perhaps that's the reason.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [147 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2013-01-02 10:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »
I get Mega Moglification with just Stall. The 200k GP item increases the rate of tiring fish slightly, and the 150k and/or Big One furnishing allows you to discern when you have a bite on your line faster, decreasing the "idle" time when your rod is out. I dont think you get those extra enhancements unless you have the stall first though.

Do you have any proof of this, or at least some sort of documentation? I've been wondering the same thing, and I don't notice any difference.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [133 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Shystie
Server: Valefor
user: Shystie
By Valefor.Shystie 2013-05-15 23:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Demonmaniac said: »
Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »

Do you have any proof of this, or at least some sort of documentation? I've been wondering the same thing, and I don't notice any difference.

I just got my stall synergized moments ago and got the "Mega Moglification: Fishing". I am also wondering if the other items are needed to get the other enhancements. I am mainly concerned with decreasing the stamina of the fish.

Side note: When I first put it in my MH, I didn't get the KI. I had to remove the bed I had in my room and then the moghancement changed to Mega Moglification: Fishing.
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-05-15 23:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I understood it, only the Mega KI is needed and overwrites/obsoletes all other items. Could be wrong but in my case I have a fishing themed moghouse and have them all for looks anyway :O
By TsyCaitsith 2013-05-19 23:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently gotten my stall, I believe that it just gives skill and not stamina reduction or higher discernment (FFxipedia

Unless the stamina reduction is just completely unnoticeable, I do not really believe it's there. also I'm only getting about 1 discernment every 15 or so cast which seems about normal from before. Perhaps lower stamina and or discernment come from the GP items instead of just using the big one?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Server: Leviathan
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2013-06-21 01:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

for this does the mega moglification:fishing have to be the dominant one for it to be in effect, i got cooking stall and also some pots for gardening that cause me to have a different dominant furniture trait. would i have to destroy my layout to get the benefits from this stall?
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-06-21 01:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you what I did with woodworking and fishing. I had every WW furnishing and Every fishing furnishing. I simply balanced the elemental power where if I had the fishing hole map on my wall the dominant element would be water (which would give mega: fishing) and if I took it off the wall the dominant element would be earth (which would give Mega: woodworking).

It took maybe an hour to figure out how to get it set up right while having maximum storage but once you do you can switch back and forth easily.

And yes, you can only have one moghancement at a time.