Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gear Advice
Gear Advice
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2012-08-09 09:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Haorhu said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/264949 miss body legs and neck :( i want this set for tp. still miss 3% haste have to look wich hands can interest
it looks like u have enough store tp for like a 10hit.... but seriously needs more sTP for a proper x-hit in ur tp phase
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-09 09:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
TP set Here

Ok so i finally decided to actually play this job with what i already had laying around and just curious what can be improved on -- (not many drg on our server really)

I will not have Phorcys period at any point ive come to that realization since nobody invites or they want sch or some other excuse anyhow thanks~

"fixed" item set thingy for you so people dont have to click the link
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2012-08-09 09:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

oh my sch is 99 but i dont wanna build a enhancing set for that crap and my mnk is well geared enough to go i just cant get invited

the biggest thing is most people are finished and just wanna sell it for 10m -- even then i cant find a seller
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2012-08-09 09:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ah see i go sch but i dont give a darn about no stupid 500 skill i do 450 skill and we win constantly 1tp a tic more isnt gonna make or break ur group and those who think otherwise are just not so bright. also back when i was first lvling drg before neo nyzul i had this set worked out.

i also had swapped head for zelus tiara to have haste cap and that gave me a 5-hit build many will say ewe mantle and neck but if you just want a to have drg lvled enough to enjoy it most of those items are not hard to come by. and as far as people just wanting to sell the items let em be now and days people out for the money not like before when it was all about the experience and meeting new people.

edit: had to remove any profanity and make it more pg-13.
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-08-09 09:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
oh my sch is 99 but i dont wanna build a enhancing set for that crap and my mnk is well geared enough to go i just cant get invited

the biggest thing is most people are finished and just wanna sell it for 10m -- even then i cant find a seller

Not hard to get decent skill for embrava. Dont need 500 if your dd isnt ***. You obviously have the means, just do it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2012-08-10 14:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/269073
I was wondering what can be wrong with this set? aside if you want more stp you can take off Phos and replace it with Goading. Let me know what you guys think.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-08-10 15:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You need 10 more stp somewhere. Af3+2 body would keep you at 25% haste and get you to 55 stp. If that's a regain earring and you want to keep using that set anyway, then at least switch out Phos for Goading because it would only help.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2012-08-10 15:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather keep my haste at 26% AF3+2body would make that impossible, How about I switch to Goading/Ace's feet for that 10 stp.
By Ophannus 2012-08-10 21:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ditch delphinius, it's a toy.
I have a very similar set to you except a few key differences.

I suggest you either get 99OAT or 99 STR polearm, delay is better and overall a better damage weapon which then allows you to drop Ogier Hands. Put on rose strap, goading belt(you're at 30% haste you don't need Phos!!) replace hands with AF3+2 and ditch Mars Ring for Tyrants Ring(you wont miss much losing out on the acc but the sTP is nice) and use Ace's Leggings. You'll makeup the attack/acc from mars ring by switching to AF3+2 hands as well as 4$+% DA in your TP set as well.

Pole->Rose
Phos->Goading
Mars(sell it)->Tyrants
Ogier hands->Af3+2
Af3 Feet->Ace's Leggings

This is my setup:

I use Pole Grip but you ought to use Rose unless you have Herja(+5sTP) or 99OAT(higher delay makes up for it). Obviously if you get a hold of Enif Corazza, should probably use that and then switch feet back to AF3 feet and switch hands back to ogier.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-08-14 07:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »

I suggest you either get 99OAT or 99 STR polearm, delay is better and overall a better damage weapon which then allows you to drop Ogier Hands. Put on rose strap, goading belt(you're at 30% haste you don't need Phos!!) replace hands with AF3+2 and ditch Mars Ring for Tyrants Ring(you wont miss much losing out on the acc but the sTP is nice) and use Ace's Leggings. You'll makeup the attack/acc from mars ring by switching to AF3+2 hands as well as 4$+% DA in your TP set as well.

Pole->Rose
Phos->Goading
Mars(sell it)->Tyrants
Ogier hands->Af3+2
Af3 Feet->Ace's Leggings

This is my setup:

I use Pole Grip but you ought to use Rose unless you have Herja(+5sTP) or 99OAT(higher delay makes up for it). Obviously if you get a hold of Enif Corazza, should probably use that and then switch feet back to AF3 feet and switch hands back to ogier.

Rancorous beats Atheling though~. Nice set though otherwise, that's what I'm working for, just need Herja's and Ogiers hands... Got the Enif body though...
By Ophannus 2012-08-15 14:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Rancorous beats Atheling though~.

I don't really care much about white damage since my distribution in most things for melee vs ws is 25:75. That being said, Rancorous doesn't increase WS frequency, but Atheling does.
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-08-17 11:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »

Pole->Rose
Phos->Goading
Mars(sell it)->Tyrants
Ogier hands->Af3+2
Af3 Feet->Ace's Leggings

This is my setup:

What does your Stardiver set look like? This is what I'm using atm.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-09-01 21:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was thinking about what gear to wear when subbing mage jobs, and this is the set I came up with.

Unfortunately, this set only has 25% haste. I remember what someone said earlier, about how you should gear for 25%, unless that last 1% dosn't severly affect your other stats. So I was wondering whether I should switch out Atheling mantle for Lancer's Pelerine or not, to get that last 1%.
By Jarrhn 2012-09-06 21:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I've been trying to get into endgame stuff with my drg as of late. And I just wanted some feedback on a couple of gearsets and maybe a comparison between this and some of the suggested ones.

Currently I'm aiming for this:

TP
WS

I'm at the Sands and Mirrors stage of the OAT, still need the stone and belt for the TP set. WS Set I need to +2 the hands and legs and get some Hect feet.

So any feedback would be helpful, thanks.