Knights Of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Knights of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.
Knights of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 08:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I am nearing the completion of my Excalibur and thought I would ask everyone what they think of my ideal TP & KoR WS set. I have not put much work into the WS set, just basicly grabed alot of STR & MND+ gear at it. TP set is as good as I can see it getting. I want to offhand Ephemeron due to 3 reasons, TP drain is amazing, allows me to move around gear a little better, and doesnt feed crazy TP to mobs like OA2~4 does.

TP

KoR

Open to any advice on either set ^_^
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 08:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding on, TP set has Rubeus Spats and Calmecac Trousers for when accuracy may or may not be needed. Also has Ghadhab Nails and Dusk Ledelsens +1 for when you may or may not be taking much damage. By default if able I will be using Ghadhab & Calmecac for more attack & DA/TA.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-07-10 09:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Ok so I am nearing the completion of my Excalibur and thought I would ask everyone what they think of my ideal TP & KoR WS set. I have not put much work into the WS set, just basicly grabed alot of STR & MND+ gear at it. TP set is as good as I can see it getting. I want to offhand Ephemeron due to 3 reasons, TP drain is amazing, allows me to move around gear a little better, and doesnt feed crazy TP to mobs like OA2~4 does.

TP

KoR

Open to any advice on either set ^_^

Should really try and get an STR shikar if you have the time to make it otherwise everything looks very solid, im also jealous as *** of that portus collar lol
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 09:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually don't have all of the gear for the TP set and most of the WS set is out of my reach for now, simply trying to chart my goals ^_^; As for a STR Shikargar I thought of it but I would think the Ephemeron would be better off simply because it allows for a much easier haste build with more DA, STP, and attack. Also with how effective the TP drain has been show to be, the weapon looks like it would be amazing for TP gain, even if WSs and attacks take a small hit in damage.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-10 09:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats, you somehow managed to make me want to gear up my melee rdm again.
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-07-10 09:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually don't have all of the gear for the TP set and most of the WS set is out of my reach for now, simply trying to chart my goals ^_^; As for a STR Shikargar I thought of it but I would think the Ephemeron would be better off simply because it allows for a much easier haste build with more DA, STP, and attack. Also with how effective the TP drain has been show to be, the weapon looks like it would be amazing for TP gain, even if WSs and attacks take a small hit in damage.

Yeah it really does put a pit in your damage without it, same with requi once you've got AM up but hey whatever works for you, gl finishing :3
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-07-10 09:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Off the top of my head, Alky bracelets are one possible improvement to the WS set. I'd go for a Flame Sachet over Mana Ampulla too. Anguinus Belt over Ele belt.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-10 09:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Heafoc mitts would be better than Alky bracelets!
But yeah, that for sure
 Shiva.Moogleking
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-07-10 09:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Astrolabe in the ammo slot, it has +1 STR and +3 Acc.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2012-07-10 09:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
But yeah, that for sure

Forgot RDM could use! Although the -accuracy on them might be troublesome on some things.

I'm not sure how obtainable the Magavan Beret is, but Dux Visor (+1) isn't bad in its place.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 09:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Off the top of my head, Alky bracelets are one possible improvement to the WS set. I'd go for a Flame Sachet over Mana Ampulla too. Anguinus Belt over Ele belt.

Yep pushes STR up to +58 while MND is at 44, STR would be over +80 with Gain-STR, definitely good.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-07-10 09:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

But yeah, that for sure

Forgot RDM could use! Although the -accuracy on them might be troublesome on some things.

I'm not sure how obtainable the Magavan Beret is, but Dux Visor (+1) isn't bad in its place.

Depends on how often people on your server do legion and if they're willing to spend the points
 Shiva.Moogleking
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-07-10 09:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I would try to stack more str/attack then mnd so how about dux scale+1 for body, it has str+10 attack+16 and prosilio belt at waist it has str+9 attack+25, and like someone else said the str/attack magian trial sword, all that extra str and attack will increase your overall output of dmg as opposed to mnd in my option.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-07-10 09:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Moogleking said: »
I would try to stack more str/attack then mnd so how about dux scale+1 for body, it has str+10 attack+16 and prosilio belt at waist it has str+9 attack+25, and like someone else said the str/attack magian trial sword, all that extra str and attack will increase your overall output of dmg as opposed to mnd in my option.

Yeah str offhand is the best option for KoR and Requi totally worth getting
 Shiva.Moogleking
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-07-10 09:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

regarding my last post i was talking about the ws set, sorry didnt mention it.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 09:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

But yeah, that for sure

True, not as good but seeing as Maga is a Legion piece which is out of reach for me right now, I will definitely have to look into getting a Dux head till then ^_^
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 09:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

KoR Set now looks like this

Going with the idea of STR+Attack=Win what would be a good neck? Ire Torque +1 or Tjukurrpa Medal? Figure the Ire is good but even more -acc when the set is currently sitting on +2 acc and -6 DEX which could become... problematic.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 10:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, in the event of using a STR sword, what changes would you say would be best to make to the TP set? It is the main reason I have been somewhat avoiding the use of a STR Shikargar, because the TP build relys on its haste to cap out.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
Server: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-07-10 11:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phos Belt or Phos Belt+1
 Phoenix.Ashandarei
By Phoenix.Ashandarei 2012-07-10 11:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What about something along these lines for TP?

Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2012-07-10 11:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it is a single hit WS, I *think* it gets an accuracy bonus. In that case, the -accuracy would only hurt the offhand hit. It'll depend on your target.
 Shiva.Moogleking
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-07-10 11:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

In your oringinal tp set if you replace dusk+1 feet with eurus legedens you would have overall 24% haste and if you did new haste belt from AH instead of goading you would actually be over cap.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 14:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it seems number wise the easiest way to go would be Eurus' with a Phos or just a Phos+1. With Eurus+Phos I can remove my ammo and it will maintain the same hit build, while opening a spot for possible acc gear. With Phos+1 I can keep everything else the same and it will stay at a nice 15/16 hits depending on /DNC or /NIN.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-10 14:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

just a Phos+1
no problem! ;)
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 14:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ashandarei said: »

While the set caps haste still, Aketon & Portous are better for TPing imo because of the +6 Double attack while you can get the same haste you have from your head and body with the Zelus alone to cap still.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-10 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
just a Phos+1
no problem! ;)
Hook me up Suji :O
[+]
By Ashandarei 2012-07-10 17:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ashandarei said: »

While the set caps haste still, Aketon & Portous are better for TPing imo because of the +6 Double attack while you can get the same haste you have from your head and body with the Zelus alone to cap still.

While I know you'll likely be using this while solo, you're really missing out on a huge opportunity by not putting a rancor item into your TP sets. I'm not a huge numbers kind of guy, tend to leave that to people who have a bit more time on their hands, but I'm almost positive, 5% crit hit rate beats 3% double attack on the neck. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but yeah.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-10 17:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It does.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-10 17:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

KoR Set now looks like this

Going with the idea of STR+Attack=Win what would be a good neck? Ire Torque +1 or Tjukurrpa Medal? Figure the Ire is good but even more -acc when the set is currently sitting on +2 acc and -6 DEX which could become... problematic.
Keep the gorget, keep kudzu's since you have for TP, Brutal+Vulcan's, and if you have Maat's cap, probably that.

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
It does.
Not always.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-10 17:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of situation would double attack +3% beat crit. rate +5%? D:

I can't think of anything.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7