Bar Spell Ninja Buff?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Bar Spell Ninja buff?
Bar Spell Ninja buff?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-06-28 11:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Did SE Ninja buff the Barspells last update? Last few days I've been doing some Abyssea NM's with some people as WHM, yesterday we popped like 5-6 Glavoids and with Barstonra up, Slowga2 got resisted on my PT every single time, I didn't have to erase/re-haste anyone.

Today I was doing Attowa Chasm, with just Barfira up, the Burn effect from Vitriolic Barrage on Granite Borer never once took effect.

And even Tunga w/ just Barstonra up, the majority of the Breakga got resisted by the melee's. A few got through, but not many.

I don't remember just barspell, w/o the barstatus being this potent on status effects before.
 Bismarck.Skylarky
Server: Bismarck
user: Skylark1
By Bismarck.Skylarky 2012-06-28 11:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

With the level 99 cap and numerous enhancing pieces for WHM, you'll find that if you actually create a build, it works wonders. I know personally I hit 185 resistance on any of the bar spells and I see more and more debuffs not being able to land. The barstatus spells are actually having a use in situations like Salvage (Barblizzara + Barparalyzra) makes discharge's paralyze rarely land. In short, take some time and make a potent bar- spell set, it helps immensely.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-06-28 12:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a build for it since Day 1. Most of which I wouldn't change other than maybe upgrading Cascade Belt to an Olympus Sash.

I'm sitting at 182 Barspell.

Granted I've haven't done Abyssea this much in awhile. But I never really saw this kind of effect before. Even with Barstatus up it was kind of rare before.
 Cerberus.Mystina
Server: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-06-28 12:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, thanks to level cap increase and WHM gear barspells are not to be underestimated, i get the same thing, if i put bar blizzard and barparalyze up it gets resited almost everytime.

and WHM set bonus adds icing on the cake with making damaging spells do 0.