Dusk Mask Good For PLD DD?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Dusk Mask good for PLD DD?
Dusk Mask good for PLD DD?
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-05-22 00:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fullen said:

How's 2005 working for you?

Pretty good. I hear this game is gonna come out for 360? Yea right! XD
 Garuda.Fullen
Server: Garuda
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-22 00:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Fullen said:
Dasva said:
a PLD with some I.Q said:
I'd slap anyone who is a PLD, using W.Turban to cast utsusemi:Ichi

ahem. I see a pld switching to a peice with 0 def ill slap him the second i see him take a hit slap again. 1-2% more haste aint gonna make that much difference hell it might not make any. all taht def will.

wow, lern2countshadows, yo

How's 2005 working for you?

hows fast attack mobs yo. hows the mob sometimes wiffing yo. hows moves that go thru utsesmi yo. hows the recast timer not being up yo. And more importnantlu 1-2% will make little to no difference on recast timers period.

"Dam, if i had 20 more def i coulda survived those 4 seconds Ni wasn't up"

*cough*
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-22 00:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

1-2% ftw.

The thread's title said:

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooo.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-05-22 00:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
1-2% ftw.

The thread's title said:

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooo.

short answer: n
long answer: no

i think homer simpson proved that pushing just one button trippled his but doubled my productivity just now!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 00:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fullen said:

*cough*

Do the math you wont get 4 more secs enough on a long recast like Ni. And of course we were talking about ichi. Or here ill do it for you ichi base recast is 30 sec. 2% of that is... yep .6sec if things round up perfectly youll shave 1 second off if not well too bad you lose you get nothing but 0def hat. Ni recast 45 2% of that is .9 same thing again you lose if it doesnt round up and even if it does so what 1 friggin second
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-22 00:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, so now Turban is the only Haste people are allowed to wear? And it's 5%, gdi. I don't know where you get 2% when it says 5% right on it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 00:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Oh, so now Turban is the only Haste people are allowed to wear? And it's 5%, gdi. I don't know where you get 2% when it says 5% right on it.

because of the alternates... ones with defense i said 1-2 more btw. homam and askar to be specific in fact im arguing against turban for pld and blu for that matter if your pay attention
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-22 00:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Fullen said:

*cough*

Do the math you wont get 4 more secs enough on a long recast like Ni. And of course we were talking about ichi. Or here ill do it for you ichi base recast is 30 sec. 2% of that is... yep .6sec if things round up perfectly youll shave 1 second off if not well too bad you lose you get nothing but 0def hat. Ni recast 45 2% of that is .9 same thing again you lose if it doesnt round up and even if it does so what 1 friggin second

You're implying def does anything at all though, your PLD is lvl 6 where it belongs and you missed 2005 to lvl it in =(

User submitted image
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 00:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fullen said:
Dasva said:
Fullen said:

*cough*

You're implying def does anything at all though, your PLD is lvl 6 where is belongs and you missed 2005 to lvl it in =(

Yes im implieing def does something it might not be alot but go nekkid and see how much more dmg you take. Its in the dmg calculations look them up sometime. but if you wanna keep wearing a hat that is probablly gonna do nothing but hinder you go for it
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-22 00:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fullen said:

User submitted image

you're doing it wrong...

"Needz moar VIT! sh*T pld..."

that is how it's done...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 00:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

screw that more -dmg get yourself some valhalla gear
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-22 00:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fullen said:
Dasva said:
Fullen said:

*cough*

You're implying def does anything at all though, your PLD is lvl 6 where is belongs and you missed 2005 to lvl it in =(

User submitted image

I take almost the same dmg with 999 def or with my normal 400ish def. So it the end adding a 0.6 or 0.9 off a timer adding up idk haste from spells or other gears and getting that 0.9 up to a 1 sec. Makes a difference. Not to mention casting Flash faster which is directly more hate... so in the end for tanking yeah some haste gear helps. But never neglect dmg reduction and/or shield skill which ends up being some sort of dmg reduction

But just listen to Fullen the dude knows his job. One of the best PLDs I've met. And I don't consider myself a bad PLD...

EDIT: On the DD side Askar is your best bet as PLD I'd say... HP haste, str, dex and lolvit. But dusk can be easily outdown by O.Hat if you need acc or any other Haste gear. Though I wouldn't use homam
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 00:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishkur said:
I take almost the same dmg with 999 def or with my normal 400ish def. So it the end adding a 0.6 or 0.9 off a timer adding up idk haste from spells or other gears and getting that 0.9 up to a 1 sec. Makes a difference. Not to mention casting Flash faster which is directly more hate... so in the end for tanking yeah some haste gear helps. But never neglect dmg reduction and/or shield skill which ends up being some sort of dmg reduction

But just listen to Fullen the dude knows his job. One of the best PLDs I've met. And I don't consider myself a bad PLD...

do you still have 400 def in all out haste set cause i kinda doubt it. Yes the curves for def/att have a spot where they more or less flatten out at least for the low dmg but you go below that point and dmg increase rather fast
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-22 00:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
screw that more -dmg get yourself some valhalla gear

I'd use the body /rdm in some situations but 90% of the time the refresh on ares is too good.

The head... isn't worth having outside of town gear.

Yeah, i went there.
 Garuda.Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-22 01:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Ishkur said:

do you still have 400 def in all out haste set cause i kinda doubt it. Yes the curves for def/att have a spot where they more or less flatten out at least for the low dmg but you go below that point and dmg increase rather fast

My Haste set on PLD has 356 def, and trust me I don't notice a difference with the 400 I have on my normal set, unless for the higher shield block rate on higher level mobs (read VT+ - HNMs), but on the dmg taken... almost an unnoticeable difference. But when you have little margin like HNMs I swap gears from shield/dmg taken to haste for flash and utsu. When the mob is lol I just don't swap and stay in haste.

That's w/o food btw.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-22 01:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

well...apparently my pld jokes only work in my ls...

so much for lightening the mood a lil >.>

*Sav's phail skill rises +.6*
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 01:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill also say that with only 1 haste diff between askar and walmart .3 and .45 sec off recast even more little not to mention the vit on it and the melee stats to help you get more hate if you are meleeing.
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-22 01:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Ill also say that with only 1 haste diff between askar and walmart .3 and .45 sec off recast even more little not to mention the vit on it and the melee stats to help you get more hate if you are meleeing.

Cos MP and HP play no factor at all in a PLD getting hate, right?

and for the record:
User submitted image

<if spell="Utsu*">
<action type="equip" when="precast">
<back>Boxer's Mantle</back>
<rear>Loquac. Earring</rear>
<lear>Buckler Earring</lear>
<neck>Shield Torque</neck>
</action>
</if>

so 20% haste and 3% recast reduction from fast cast as well as 296 shield skill.

Every little helps
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-22 01:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

oooo Gil!!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 01:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

homam has has mp and hp and acc and macc which are also nice too
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-22 01:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the opinions on how to be a better PLD from people who aren't 75. I digress.

My opinion is the walmart turban fails on PLD. If your shadows are down, which it WILL happen sometimes, your shield won't always parse. And that 30~ DEF from an Askar Unpronouncable hat will be nice. Along with the inevitable mob waiting to WS when shadows are down, where VIT matters. Long story short, drop the Dusk, Ignore the Turban, use an Askar helm to DD.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-22 01:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
I love the opinions on how to be a better PLD from people who aren't 75. I digress.

I love how people decide that just because you're 75, you're automatically better at your job than anyone who isn't 75.
I have 11 Maat jobs, but my BRD is only 17. Does that mean I shouldn't tell a 75 BRD that CHR doesn't affect buff songs?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 01:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I might not have it lvld but I can do the math and I play with alot of people who do. Dont have to have lvld blm to know what to put on it for most part.
 Garuda.Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-22 01:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Ill also save that with only 1 haste diff between askar and walmart .3 and .45 sec off recast even more little not to mention the vit on it and the melee stats to help you get more hate if you are meleeing.

Well if you go on that argument, that 1% of haste is neglible. The same can be said on 25 Def you'll take 0.2 less dmg (idk I didn't really calculate the formula but I'd bet it's even less than that). And trust me on this one +5 STR, DEX WON'T let you have more hate on PLD cuz you did more dmg on a high lvl mob.
This comes from a PLD with 8/8 sword merits and a decent DD set from my WAR.
So neither one will make a difference (based on the neglible argument), so why even bother. I haven't done the math but maybe that 1% haste + March songs which have a haste effect with two decimals. Might wind up taking 1 second. It's not really hard to swap gears for casting. So I'll take my chances.

But yeah for LOW LVL mobs Askar prolly is better for DDing on PLD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 01:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the mob but it will definitely be more then .2 dmg thats just silly.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-22 01:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

I think it's about 4-6 damage. Worthless to be thinking DEF > All on PLD.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-22 01:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Eternaltriumph said:

I love how people decide that just because you're 75, you're automatically better at your job than anyone who isn't 75.
I have 11 Maat jobs, but my BRD is only 17. Does that mean I shouldn't tell a 75 BRD that CHR doesn't affect buff songs?

No. But you shouldn't argue about something as silly as the best place to stand in a merit party on BRD. This is a matter of opinion, and this thread is full of "IN FACT U FCKNG RTRD IM RITE" posts. >_>
 Garuda.Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-22 01:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

I am telling you it isn't. Based on 5 years of tanking as PLD... Def is really neglible at 350-450 def. On average you won't notice it so it's less than 4 dmg for sure.
Def and VIT are part of a broken formula.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 01:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Dasva said:

I think it's about 4-6 damage. Worthless to be thinking DEF > All on PLD.

im not thinking its greater then all and again really depends on your current def and the mobs. And where its falling in the high or low end of the pdif. But on average unless your fighting somethign that is doing hardly any dmg yeah itll make more of a diff then that. Not to mention the Vit. But test it yourself if your not lowering your recast timer why are you using it?
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-22 01:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the real irony is, my original post was to agree that when your "getting hit" its a good idea to swap to koenig head and AF+1 feet and take your shield skill to ... (313 for me) with the exception of the 2-3 crazy mobs that can kill you in 2 attack rounds so changing gear and mages losing target to cure you can result in dying.

I like my 34 sec Ni recast from gear alone so i'll do things my way and you can go level into leather armour!

When your tanking Tiamat and he's 20% with Mighty Strikes up, if your Ni recast is saying 2 secs, you wish to god it was casting cos you're about to get ***-raped~

Oh well, nice way to kill a bit of time.

PS. hi savannah, we aren't ignoring you! i did like your vit joke i was just raging at the time :P