If You Were Only Allowed One Set... (whm)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » If you were only allowed one set... (whm)
If you were only allowed one set... (whm)
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-05-04 08:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you weren't allowed to macro 50 pieces for a single action, and were only able to have one single set (start to finish of fight), What would you chose?
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2012-05-04 09:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
What would you chose?

To stop playing, probably.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-05-04 15:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

considering I'm aspiring to get Mjollnir and want to be a DD whm, evasion and or tp, along with at least 1 tick of refresh.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By jimbobsonofgod 2012-05-04 15:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

tefnut wand/ augment genbu's shield / impatiens
Nefer Khat / Moonshade earring(refresh) / Roundel Earring
Heka's Kalasiris/ Serpentes cuffs / Sirona's Ring/ Profix Ring
Tempered Cape / Witful belt / Nares Slops / Serpentes Sabots
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-04 15:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I first made this set, because its the only set you could wear all day on whm and not be gimp.

Then I decided to post something helpful since i'm assuming its for a mule and you don't want to use spellcast for some reason. Although I can't argue enough to use gear swaps, I would probably use this set.

[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-05-04 16:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you weren't allowed to macro 50 pieces for a single action, and were only able to have one single set (start to finish of fight), What would you chose?
i think i would use the new pld set that eats some of the attacks and gives u mp.

that or the pld gear set that just all together eats the dmg sometimes.

i did not see that it said whm sorry i missed that part in the title.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-05-04 16:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
IThen I decided to post something helpful since i'm assuming its for a mule and you don't want to use spellcast for some reason. Although I can't argue enough to use gear swaps
Im just curious... i usually dont play whm anyway
By Rieekil 2012-05-04 16:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i think u r able to cap both cure pot% nd cure casting time in one sit while getting some healing magic nd mnd >.>
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-04 23:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I would full time a moogle cap and then use some old whm gear that I never use anymore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Thelaughingman
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Thelaughingman 2012-05-06 10:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid question. I'm just going to assume that you mean you can't be using macros for precast/midcast on spammed spells (I don't since I don't use third party tools; I do just fine).

As a White Mage you don't really need to macro much. You're still gimp if you don't macro at all (for example, your barspells), and if that's really asking for much, then you're playing the wrong game.

Still, if this was a list of gear you could magically get with no effort and I wasn't allowed to choose Mjollnir 99 / Kraken Club (actually, I'd choose a Yagrush 99 if it was any gear I wanted, that one is harder to get) as part of the set, this is what I would get:

It looks weird, but it gets 50% Cure Potency, while getting the Afflatus maxed, and while getting as much Fast Cast and Haste as possible. With Light Arts and Haste up you'll be casting 52% Cure Cast Time Reduction, 43% Recast reduction (this is way more important then many people act like it is, you're gonna be getting roughly twice the amount of cures in).

There are a lot of corners you can cut with this set, it is more of a philosophy. Really, as long as you're getting your AF3 pants, 40%+ cure potency, and some haste gear, then keep Afflatus Solace, Light Arts, and Haste up, you'll be performing better then the vast majority of WHM.

To improve this set I'd say macro in a Heka's for Curaga spells.

And seriously, have a Barspell/Enhancing set ready. Here is the one Aleste lists:

You should also have a Sheltered Ring in this set with the pants so that when you cast your buffed Shellra spells you get the most out of them.

-

I almost forgot, a Refresh set helps too, carry one of those if you have the room. It is more extra then the rest of the gear especially if you have Red Mage, Bard, Atma or Temps to support you but you can puke cures out endlessly with more refresh.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-05-15 09:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Thelaughingman said: »
Stupid question.

Their are no stupid questions. Just stupid ppl calling them stupid. :p
I have no desire to play whm as i said. Their is a reason they are called hypothetical questions.

Thanks for the input none the less tho'
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-15 09:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya just basically stack refresh and cure potency. Like serpentine set and +2 body. I've been doing that with my taru until I can figure out why my spellcast isn't working :(
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-15 10:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Ya just basically stack refresh and cure potency. Like serpentine set and +2 body. I've been doing that with my taru until I can figure out why my spellcast isn't working :(
If your problem is the .xml itself then here's a bones .xml I wrote:
Haven't tested it since I just wrote it. Was going to post mine but it's a bit too far customized.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-05-15 10:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That was one thing i found interesting so far. Cure potency i figured, but no-one really mentioned anything about refresh gear. I figured that might be something high on the list. (especially outside aby)
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-15 10:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That was one thing i found interesting so far. Cure potency i figured, but no-one really mentioned anything about refresh gear. I figured that might be something high on the list. (especially outside aby)
Yes, yes it is. /sch helps alot with sublimation, but you will want some refresh.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-05-15 11:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, yes it is. /sch helps alot with sublimation, but you will want some refresh.

That was my assumption as well. Unfortunately the last few weeks with RL stuff going on i haven't had much time to log in long enough to get anything done really. So i had a bit of time here and their to mess around with ideas such as this thread. Over time i put this single set together. (Again, theoretical single set)

All the rings/earring/neck/back/waist/ammo I'm sure could be changed for something better. They were just at a glance add ons.

The main pieces tho (weap + 5 main) would give +51% cure potency and 5 tick refresh. No real haste, but only so much you could fit on a single set. I'm still looking around now and then at other pieces when i have time. (Yes i have gotten that bored). The issues with altering the main pieces is the hand/feet work together, as well as the head/body. Legs also double at cure pot and refresh. I also put no emphasis on difficulty to obtain.

And once again i got to head out for a bit. So ill be back later to check all the hate comments'
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-05-15 11:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had one set I was allowed on WHM it would be this one:

Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila