users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Questions about Healing Skill update [WHM]
Questions about Healing Skill update [WHM]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-05-01 08:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a LONG-time WHM (was my first 75 job back in 2004), and always been pretty diligent about "keeping up" with job ... until recently. Life's changed a bit and there's less time for FFXI gameplay now ... nevermind the research.

So ... about the recent changes to FFXI's formulas for determining cure spell potency ...

1. Have these changes been implemented into the actual game yet? Or is it just on the "test server"?

2. I understand that Healing Magic Skill plays (or will play) a more heavily-weighted role in the cure formulas now. I assume "Cure Potency" is still the most important stat (up to 50% total), but is Healing Magic Skill now the 2nd most important stat? Or is MND still the 2nd most important stat? Or are they now equals?

3. Is there a newer version of the "Cure Calculator" available somewhere, that incorporates the new formulas?

Thanks in advance for any/all responses and/or advice.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-01 08:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Yes
2. It works like this now: (1 skill = 2mind = 4vit) = 1 power.
3. Not sure but there is a chart though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-05-01 08:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info, Galbir!
[+]
 Odin.Kysenna
Server: Odin
user: Kysenna
By Odin.Kysenna 2012-05-01 08:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question, too... I've just come back after a year+ break, and I used to have a separate cure set for Cure V that was loaded with MND. Is it still necessary to try and load more MND into Cure V than the others? (And possibly Cure VI?)
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-01 08:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kysenna said: »
I have a question, too... I've just come back after a year+ break, and I used to have a separate cure set for Cure V that was loaded with MND. Is it still necessary to try and load more MND into Cure V than the others? (And possibly Cure VI?)
Nah they all use the same power formula with different bases and caps. However the -agas use the old formula still.

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Thanks for the info, Galbir!
Glad I could help. :)
[+]
 Odin.Kysenna
Server: Odin
user: Kysenna
By Odin.Kysenna 2012-05-01 08:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha. Thanks! :)
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-05-01 08:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So ... at the risk of over-simplifying this too much ...

Nowadays, it's best to use Healing Skill >> MND for single-target cures, and best to use MND >> Healing Skill for multi-target cures.

Am I thinking correctly here?
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-01 08:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much, unless it's just a massive amount of Mnd with little amounts of skill in the slot.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-05-01 10:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

in case you dont wanna sit and do the math i made this for you to easily compare 3 different gear sets

just add in you total mnd vit and skill and it will give you the "Cure Power"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqva8E7NdnpWdEI3UW51RVpHaFdkdENTVWJsWFNURUE

anyone btw know how to lock (write protect) certain parts of a spreads head in google docs. i know how to do it in excel but i cant find the feature in goggle docs.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-05-01 11:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Furen's Cure Calculator has been updated to use the new formulas.

You can check this spreadsheet on Google Docs for more elaborate detail on the formula progression and the test data it was based on (also has a pretty chart). The spreadsheet is not editable.

@Gaiarorshack: You can protect an entire sheet from the Tools menu, but I don't think it's possible to protect individual cells within a sheet.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Morari
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Morari
By Quetzalcoatl.Morari 2012-05-01 18:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What's exactly meant with the term "Curing/Healing Power"? How does it relate to HP restored?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-05-01 19:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Morari said: »
What's exactly meant with the term "Curing/Healing Power"? How does it relate to HP restored?
Its essentially the "x" variable that gets plugged into the formula for whatever cure you are using.
[+]
 Valefor.Thelaughingman
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Thelaughingman 2012-05-02 09:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

All this information is mostly listed in the OF's Cure Formula Changes thread. As always thanks to Aleste and Motenten for the formulas.

FFXICalc has also been updated although it may still be using incorrect rounding (I've been a bit busy to check). It kinda sucks though because now there is no way to check Curaga with the calculator on FFXICalc, which was the only way to find your Curaga V amounts since Furen's old version didn't have Cure VI. But for an easy cure calculator, Furen's is probably the best currently.

On protecting a sheet, I think you can have a locked sheet take values from an unprotected one, and have the displays on a locked sheet. Could be wrong about this though.