2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja VW proc gear set
Ninja VW proc gear set
First Page 2
By mortontony1 2012-04-05 17:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So after some browsing around and asking LS mates, it seems like I would want to stack on nin skill, MAcc, then INT in that order and equipping the appropriate ele staff. Is this true? Anyone have a good example of what I should be casting in?
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-05 17:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Skill = 1 Macc, and for all intents and purposes, 1 INT = .5 Macc or skill
By mortontony1 2012-04-05 17:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So what I heard was wrong? Stack INT > MAcc/skill?
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-05 17:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, 1 INT = .5 Macc/skill, making the latter two twice as potent as the former.
By mortontony1 2012-04-05 17:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Err yeah read that backwards lol
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-06 06:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set I currently use for landing Ninjutsu enfeebles. ToAU missions offer a Magic Accuracy ring, and you can get a Cimmerian Sash for the belt, which gives +5 Ninjutsu skill.

If you have Ninja Tool Expertise 5/5, the exp augment "Enhances Ninja tool expertise" on the tekko adds a significant magic accuracy bonus(I believe a total +25, 5 for each merit.) if Ninja tool expertise procs on the cast.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-04-06 07:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't use staves. Just keep your normal katanas on and stack Skill/M.Acc/InT gear when casting. If its a spell that the mob is resistant to, then pop an Ascetics Drink and if possible, cast the spell to decrease the mobs resistance to the needed element. If you cant land the spell, keep spamming. Eventually, given enough chances, it will land
By mortontony1 2012-04-07 03:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kk looks like a good set and easy enough to get all that. Why no staves?
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2012-04-07 04:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt you need staves for any thing but maybe T6 and if if comes down to you sticking it or losing a T6 you are doing it worng anyway. With merits and a similar gear set as above I've never had much issue landing them. Some mobs are just resistant to poison, blind or para just a 5% chance is 5% chance in these cases.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-04-07 08:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

well if you could make a Mag Acc katana, for +16, a little more than half the staff boost.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2012-04-07 10:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Kk looks like a good set and easy enough to get all that. Why no staves?
Personally, it would always be my last resort to use staves on jobs like NIN or BLU because I don't like losing TP, unless it's absolutely nessesary.

Sometimes the mobs are just too resistent to some stuff, even with all the MACC you can get.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-04-07 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish people would realize that switching to staff after a WS if you are having trouble procing may stall your output as a DD, but what % of the alliance's melee output does it really stall? Stop being selfish parse watchers :) especially if the proc is highly/extremely. Get frustrated with the lazy excuse about losing 10~20%tp.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2012-04-09 17:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »
Wish people would realize that switching to staff after a WS if you are having trouble procing may stall your output as a DD, but what % of the alliance's melee output does it really stall? Stop being selfish parse watchers :) especially if the proc is highly/extremely. Get frustrated with the lazy excuse about losing 10~20%tp.
If you are having trouble proc'ing, it's nothing a staff will fix for sure.
It will still depend on luck.

The only thing you will do is gimping yourself for very little to no gain, whatsoever.

If the situation is like: only melee procs, all melees are dead, that could proc, and the BLU is the only person with an HQ proc, then yes, it would make sense to try as hard as you can (if the alli needs a breather).
Otherwise, you're better off doing dmg and actually playing the job, instead of trying to proc something like a fool.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-04-09 17:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27561/ninjutsu-in-voidwatch/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-09 17:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

By that same premise, accuracy gear isn't very important. You could gear for attack and just rely on "luck" to hit the mob.

The macc increase matters as long as you're neither floored nor capped in both sets. Given that it will statistically improve output of the entire alliance and also lead to less repeat proc attempts provided the previous conditions hold true, it's completely justifiable. I wouldn't sweat it for NQ procs unless temps/procs were drying up, but HQ/EV absolutely if you know the NM is resistant but not immune/capped meva.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2012-04-09 17:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree.

It's just not worth it trying to land everything all the time and switch to staff.
Even if it's hard to land. Just forget about your weaknesses and focus on your strenghts.

It's not like 1 proc will be the deal-breaker in most VW situations.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-09 17:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said: »
It's not like 1 proc will be the deal-breaker in most VW situations.
You'd be surprised.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2012-04-09 18:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
You'd be surprised.
I'd really be if it would happen more often than not.

The possibility of a club-proc happening doesn't make you full-timing club either, now does it?!

It certainly depends on the situation but most of the time (in a working alliance) you shouldn't have to worry about that 1 proc.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-09 18:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but nobody said to full time a staff, did they?
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2012-04-09 18:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No one did.

People, however, make it sound like you should try whatever is nessesary in order to land that proc, no matter the circumstances.

Which is, IMO, just foolish.

Of course, there are situations where it is, indeed, a good idea to try to land every proc possible.
That doesn't apply to most VW scenarios though and the ones it does apply to are unlucky or just bad to begin with.

And neither luck nor incapability you can make up for as a single person.

Not sure if you are just trying to pick a fight or are referring to very rare situations that should not happen all too often.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-09 18:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying people wipe because people refuse to proc because they're too busy trying to top a parse.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-04-09 18:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's a hq/eq proc that you're having trouble landing without, than yes you should swap in the staff. Resetting everyones fanatics/etc is much more important than whatever inconsequential damage loss resetting your tp caused.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-09 18:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you time a NQ proc, you'll refill temps as well.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2012-04-09 18:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care about parses, to be honest.
I mainly use them to see how bad I am against Empy-holders for jobs I don't have one.
As a side-note, comparable and even better.

The issue at hand though is that some people just try to proc on jobs they sometimes face issues to do so (what I experienced were NIN and BLU enfeebles) and think they could fix the fights by using staves.

And my view on this is that folks who are meleeing, shouldn't sacrifice their TP for a single proc they may not have a chance of getting when they could help killing the mob instead.

As I said, there are a few cases when you should just try anyway but that shouldn't be the "rule of thumb".
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-09 18:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few exceptional NIN and BLU aside whose damage I care about in VW. If you're not one of those 4 people, use a *** staff + macc set, and land the goddamn proc.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2012-04-09 18:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, there's BLUs and there's BLUs.

Most just lvl'd it to proc stuff, like I did it with BLM for Abyssea.

You can't help that and it isn't nessesarily a bad thing.

I, however, see BLU as more than that.
The same goes for NIN also, since this isn't a BLU thread.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-09 18:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, and while I also realize that when played by the right person with the right buffs + gear, NIN (and BLU) can be powerhouses in VW, 95% of the time, they're not in a DD party, and therefore not getting proper buffs, and forced to sub something like /DNC for procs, and therefore losing TP is not a concern at all.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2012-04-09 18:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

/trollmode on

Clearly, Nins should be /blm so they can ES their proc.

/trollmode off
First Page 2