user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-02 14:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

03-30-2012 01:55 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Voidwatch: Crystal Petrifact

Some of you might be finding Crystal Petrifacts on your adventures. As stated in the version update notes, this item will be required for the final chapter of Voidwatch, but currently cannot be used.

This item will be the equivalent of Voiddust once the final chapter is implemented. By exchanging a certain amount of Cystal Petrifact, you will be able to obtain trigger items to challenge the monsters of the final chapter.

That said, while it may just be taking up space in your inventory right now, you might want to hold on to them for future use. Unlike Voiddust, Crystal Petrifact can only be obtained under certain circumstances and is not designed to be sellable.

Hope you are all looking forward to the final chapter of Voidwatch!
Subscribe

04-25-2012 06:05 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Just a small bit of information...

We will be increasing the stack size for Crystal Petrifact from 12 to 99 in the next version update.
Subscribe

10-15-2012 01:26 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone!

Sorry to necrobump this thread (as I am often wont to do…), but I have some information to pass on regarding Crystal Petrifacts.

We are currently making preparations for the implementation of a system that will allow Crystal Petrifacts to be exchanged for cruor.

While Crystal Petrifact is an item that was meant to help players when their stock of Kupofried’s corundum was in short supply, in the event that you do not need this, we felt it would be beneficial to exchange Crystal Petrifacts for cruor, which in turn could be used for Atmacites, Periapts, or other applications. However, since the original purpose of Crystal Petrifacts was not to generate cruor, the exchange rate will not be very high.

Also, there were a lot of requests to make it possible to exchange these items for Voidstones, but doing this would create the cycle of doing Voidwatch in order to save up points to do Voidwatch, so we would like to hold off on this type of exchange.
Subscribe

10-18-2012 01:09 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

The exchange rate will be around 100 cruor or so for each Crystal Petrifact traded. The plan is make the method of exchanging simple by using Voidwatch Officers, Planar Rifts, and such, and we will also make it possible to exchange multiple stacks at one time.
Subscribe

11-09-2012 07:03 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Crystal Petrifacts

Thank you for all of your opinions on crystal petrifacts.

After looking at all of the feedback, we've decided to hold off on any adjustments for crystal petrifacts for the time being.

Kupofried's Corundum/Crystal Petrifact have original purposes related to Provenance; however, in the future we plan to think about the applications for a little longer and involve it in the plan for overall adjustments to Voidwatch.

Since people may decide to perform the exchange in a hurry, it would be a waste of we added a new element to the system in the future. Since we are getting so many ideas at this point, we want to spend more time thinking about it before introducing any exchange system.

Therefore, we will leave the current situation as is for a while so that you can continue to save them if you desire.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

11-09-2012 02:20 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone!

After looking over all of the feedback in regards to the planned adjustments for Crystal Petrifacts, the development team has decided to hold off on them at this time.

While there are a variety of thoughts for new ways of using Kupofried’s Medallion/Crystal Petrifacts that tie back to the original application in Provenance for the future, this is something that is closely related to plans for adjustments to Voidwatch as a whole, so we will be thinking about the uses keeping the long term in mind.

If we were to quickly add methods to exchange this item right now, it would become a waste when we implement new elements and content in the future, so we would like to spend some time looking into all the ideas we have received and not rush into anything.

With that said, it might be cumbersome to carry all those Crystal Petrifacts, but we would like you hang on to them a bit longer while we flesh out the plan. Of course, feel free to exchange them for Kupofried’s Medallion though!
Subscribe

11-12-2012 07:02 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Crystal Petrifacts (Continued)

My translation. Don't go trading in your crystal petrifacts until there's an official translation; I don't want to be blamed!

Bismarck.Sclud (JP Player) said: »
Based on the way you worded the previous post, I'm understanding that I'm OK to change Crystal Petrifacts over to Kupofried's Corundum even if you add something in the future...?

Yes. After all of the feedback from people who had already traded for Kupofried's Corundum, we are now thinking about making this adjustment to give some sort of benefit to excess Kupofried's Corundum. Therefore, it does not matter if you make the conversion like it did before.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-04-02 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it looks like '4' makes an item

otherwise you can convert a Voidstone to the item every 24 hours
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-04-02 14:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pure genius on their end in terms of time sink. Do more VW over here so you can do more VW over there...
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-04-02 14:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Pure genius on their end in terms of time sink. Do more VW over here so you can do more VW over there...
Yo dawg, I heard you liked Voidwatch...
[+]
 Cerberus.Nahtaivel
Server: Cerberus
user: Nahtaivel
By Cerberus.Nahtaivel 2012-04-02 14:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be their way of getting some help for those that were late to VW or are still looking to get those rare drops.
 Cerberus.Arcmarc
Server: Cerberus
user: marc4497
By Cerberus.Arcmarc 2012-04-02 15:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing for 3 days after a 2 month break, and I think i'm bout to quit again. then again, then again... and again.
By Chyula 2012-04-02 17:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When D3 released, *** this HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE game when Pot head Tanaka is in charge.
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-04-02 17:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I'm kind of confused what this means. Over the past couple of months I've lost my drive to play this game... seesms to much of stuff being a "chore" opposed to having fun...

im going to take month or two break and see how I feel :/
Although when PSO2 comes out imma going to that either way....not qutting ffxi just long time hiatus lol
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-04-02 17:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkzeru said: »
seesms to much of stuff being a "chore" opposed to having fun...

Thats true, but most ppl now a days wont really help anyone other then themselves. And they wont do anything unless it has a drastic reward either.
With attitudes like that everywhere, getting anything done really is a chore. While i don't like everything thats come out in the game, i gotta think the loss of fun is more because of the ppls attitude here rather then the game itself.
[+]
 Shiva.Vladmir
user: Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2012-04-02 17:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
seesms to much of stuff being a "chore" opposed to having fun...

Thats true, but most ppl now a days wont really help anyone other then themselves. And they wont do anything unless it has a drastic reward either.
With attitudes like that everywhere, getting anything done really is a chore. While i don't like everything thats come out in the game, i gotta think the loss of fun is more because of the ppls attitude here rather then the game itself.

I totally agree with this. Its more about peoples attitude then anything that makes this game go downhill.
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-04-02 17:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what it was for me was partially VW....
Abyssea can virtually go on in as anything and have fun....
VW however....9/10 if you didn't have X job.....you wasn't going....and the only job I had that was VW related was brd.....but to say I didn't have it....I probably wouldnt have had chances to go do VW and would force me to go level another job that VW welcome....hence it being a chore
 Asura.Originalkord
Server: Asura
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2012-04-02 17:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what it was for me was partially VW....
Abyssea can virtually go on in as anything and have fun....
VW however....9/10 if you didn't have X job.....you wasn't going....and the only job I had that was VW related was brd.....but to say I didn't have it....I probably wouldnt have had chances to go do VW and would force me to go level another job that VW welcome....hence it being a chore

Compound that with the fact that "Empy"-less jobs need not apply and you further exacerbate the problem. Not that I really have an issue, but its an obvious problem that exists. If your pick up group isn't stacked with 12+ weapon holders then you're a failure...and more than likely, you LITERALLY fail haha.

Take it for what it's worth, but I miss having a strong LS with a base of good members/friends. Shouting to start pick up groups just isn't my thing.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-27 07:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

04-25-2012 06:05 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Just a small bit of information...

We will be increasing the stack size for Crystal Petrifact from 12 to 99 in the next version update.
Subscribe
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-27 07:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Camate said:
Just a small bit of information... We will be increasing the stack size for Crystal Petrifact from 12 to 99 in the next version update. [source]

I know I just said this in another thread, but for the love of god stop telling us what you're going to do and do it.

Edit: That is to say, building my anticipation for something then taking six months to put it in really gets my goat. ._.;
[+]
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-04-27 08:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they do ***like this on purpose just so they can have a new "update" to make it look like they actually do something.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-04-27 08:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have been stackable to 99 from the start.
At this point it's pretty much a pointless change for most people
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-27 08:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The only people a stack to 99 helps are people who can't even do Provenance.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [171 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-15 13:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone!

Sorry to necrobump this thread (as I am often wont to do…), but I have some information to pass on regarding Crystal Petrifacts.

We are currently making preparations for the implementation of a system that will allow Crystal Petrifacts to be exchanged for cruor.

While Crystal Petrifact is an item that was meant to help players when their stock of Kupofried’s corundum was in short supply, in the event that you do not need this, we felt it would be beneficial to exchange Crystal Petrifacts for cruor, which in turn could be used for Atmacites, Periapts, or other applications. However, since the original purpose of Crystal Petrifacts was not to generate cruor, the exchange rate will not be very high.

Also, there were a lot of requests to make it possible to exchange these items for Voidstones, but doing this would create the cycle of doing Voidwatch in order to save up points to do Voidwatch, so we would like to hold off on this type of exchange.
Subscribe
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-10-15 13:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lol "other applications"... SE knows exactly what people do with cruor :P
 Odin.Rues
Server: Odin
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2012-10-15 13:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They should make it so you can exchange petrifacts for almost ANY item.

i.e. 100 petrifacts -> Athos, Ogier, Reb body
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-10-15 14:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of curor, they should let us trade petrifacts for the non-pulse loot we want that never seems to drop.

Edit: Essentially the same thing got posted above me while I was typing... lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2012-10-15 14:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well guys, its time to re-sign up for FFXI.

Everyone hop on board, Crystal petrifact adjustments!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-15 14:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lishje said: »
Well guys, its time to re-sign up for FFXI.

Everyone hop on board, Crystal petrifact adjustments!
No thanks, I'll wait for Salvage.

If that sucks then it will be turned off til March.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-10-15 14:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're swell Kal, really i do! However, I tend to come into your threads expecting to be dissapointed in what I read :x

Today, though....

Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-10-15 14:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone!

Also, there were a lot of requests to make it possible to exchange these items for Voidstones, but doing this would make one of our most popular time sinks less heartbreaking, and we can't resist *** with you people.
Subscribe
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-15 14:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone!

Also, there were a lot of requests to make it possible to exchange these items for Voidstones, but doing this would make one of our most popular time sinks less heartbreaking, and we can't resist *** with you people.
Subscribe
VW was a time sink from the beginning, but I don't think it's been the most popular one. I'm sure Salvage takes the #1 slot, but new Nyzul comes close.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-10-15 14:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll imagine that will change once they implement their adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava :3
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-15 14:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't really say what will change when the relative events are also changing along with it (might not happen at the same time, would be very stupid of them if it doesn't though).
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-15 14:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever cared about anything so little.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn
user: TyrantSyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn 2012-10-15 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rues said: »
They should make it so you can exchange petrifacts for almost ANY item.

i.e. 100 petrifacts -> Athos, Ogier, Reb body

That's a great idea. problem is SE wouldn't do it.

Because if you pick up all the piece's you want threw petrifact's, there's no reason to spam the fight's other than the major few.
First Page 2