2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Rounding out gear
Rounding out gear
By Meowza 2012-04-07 20:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Physical Attack ≠ T.P. Attack, unless specified; yes you can swap for a lot of T.P. Attacks and gain the effect that you are pursuing, however, when I spoke of 'literal fractions of a second' with a correlation to 'Physical Attacks', I should not have had to define where my logic was directed any further.

For Physical Attacks my idle set (which has pdt) paired with phalanx is more than enough to cover most of the damage especially the 1 second it would take for me to switch to PDT. Any increase is so negligible that the trade off in my opinion isn't worth it.

So you're argument is for really that 1 swing? Where I'm a mage standing far enough back in 95% of situations that I can see the mob coming anyways? or if it is on fodder mobs they probably wont even do high enough damage for the small gain in pdt to be worthwhile enough.

You are seriously grasping at straws.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Exeter
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Exeter
By Odin.Exeter 2012-04-07 21:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Chuck Testa

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Exeter
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Exeter
By Odin.Exeter 2012-04-07 21:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What you saw....
What I saw.. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post deleted by User.
By Meowza 2012-04-07 21:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I have been advocating the exclusive use of an Idle Set, with capped P.D.T., Refresh, and Regen, from the beginning of this thread; seems odd that I would deliberately contradict my own disposition, suddenly.

As I recall, you were the one who claimed that they would swap between Idle and P.D.T., at the drop of a hat, when the circumstance presented itself (as in, when you pulled hate, and the monster decided to come pay you a visit).

I'm not swapping from capped P.D.T. to capped P.D.T. for when a monster comes to attack me, for a T.P. Attack or a Physical Attack. Why? Because that's completely asinine.

I know what you've been advocating and it should be obvious to what I'm saying also. You are for using only idle set with capped pdt where you can also benefit from regen/refresh always.

My argument is that while that is nice, it only works if you using a Terra Staff, which you shouldn't be becauce you can easily use a sword/shield with shadow mantle and reach 50% that way also. I use shield in my circumstance so the real swap for me is terra staff vs sword.

While I would lose out on the refresh if I were using sword/shield in my idle, I am not using sword/shield in my idle(except for when above 76% mp)

If I know I'm going to be hit I will swap to the pdt build. You have the advantage of not having to swap to a separate build that is correct. But it's literally one push of a button(s) and at most it will hit me for 1 regular swing in my non full pdt set.

tldr;
You idle in full pdt/refresh/regen but no shadow mantle
vs
My idle in part pdt, full refresh/regen with shadow mantle
AND
I switch to pdt gear when appropriate (when I'm getting/about to get hit)

While extremely marginal.....
Your pdt doesn't support shield blocks
vs
My pdt supports shield blocks

Your set is more convenient
vs
My sets is more button mashing but more pdt (shield/mantle)
By Meowza 2012-04-07 21:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize if I'm not being clear with you (Ryuotas) or anyone else.

If you have questions about a specific thing I'll do my best to be as precise as I can.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Meowza 2012-04-07 21:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

How I feel this has turn into awhile ago between us.

For the most part I felt we were mild and cool-tempered but I'll agree and let it die.
[+]