Partied (somehow) With A 2nd White Mage... Do You?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Partied (somehow) with a 2nd white mage... Do you?
Partied (somehow) with a 2nd white mage... Do you?
 Lakshmi.Seraphina
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: missphina
By Lakshmi.Seraphina 2012-03-28 12:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Find that the both of you try to compete with each other with or without realising? (yay I made them cure for 0!)
On this note would you find yourself taking pride in being faster than the other whm with cures nas etc?

Alternatively do you find that the other whm leaves you to do all the work? or find yourself thinking that it would be better if you were on another job?

Anything I missed? ^^ your thoughts and feelings below ^^
tehe ^^
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-28 12:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same thing as dds wanting to to out damage other dds. I do this all the time on whm and I wish more whms did it. Even if it has bad intentions it leads to faster and better cures which is a great out come.

Basically competition is great and has great side effects. :D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mineyl
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mineyl
By Lakshmi.Mineyl 2012-03-28 12:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on the content, I usually watch the other WHM and start doing whatever they're not doing. If I see a Cure going out, I'll toss a support spell, and vice-versa. I don't let anyone -na over me unless it's a huge AoE that hit more than two or three people, though, in which case I watch and see who they're casting the -na on so that we don't overlap and waste each other's time.

I have to admit that I do watch the HP numbers to see who's curing for more, but I'm still a fledgling WHM, so I don't expect to outperform on a cure-by-cure basis unless they're not paying attention. I try to never snipe cures from other healers, and if we start casting at the same time, I will always attempt to interrupt myself so that I don't waste someone's MP (this is something I get annoyed with about DNCs and temp items, or when I toss Regen to someone who's not in any real danger and then the other healer bombs them with Cure 5. Ugh).
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-03-28 12:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, happened many times, especially with random whm's, sometimes at trying to be faster, sometimes I hold back a cure or 2, to see if they are on the ball and not let em be all "oh this whm can out-cure me and its doing everything, ill go read my book"

also, for an alliance, I refuse to full time heal an alliance if there are other whm's present. they are there for a reason, they can keep their parties alive.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2012-03-28 12:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I often try to support heal on brd and see how well I do but it usually comes down to "wewt! I cured him for 500 first! then the whm comes and picks up the other 900 dmg ~_~"
By Applebottoms101 2012-03-28 13:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I like to do that when there are other WHM's present.. well.. non Bot ones..

Kinda lowers your chances of healing when you see the cure spell go off BEFORE they get into red.. D:

other than that yes I like it and I agree with Seraphina that it does help train WHM's to be better, and now with the update I hope to see more RDM and SCH doing more with it
 Odin.Elmodfz
Server: Odin
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2012-03-28 14:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This has happened on a few occasions such as in abyssea. I usually find myself doing quite a lot of the work as the majority of whm's I've been "up against" were still using a light staff and not quite as well geared so it made more sense for me to do the curing as I can cure for a lot more, they can do hasting etc.

But then sometimes if there is a whm equal to me or better, especially in abyssea exp parties I tend to start off doing a good portion of the work, but then I get bored and just let them do it all lol.

I feel I'm a pretty good whm considering I've had 6 years of practise, so I will do my fair share of the job even with another whm around because it's quite bad if someone in a relatively small party dies with 2 whm's around to cure them.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-03-30 11:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mineyl said: »
Depending on the content, I usually watch the other WHM and start doing whatever they're not doing. If I see a Cure going out, I'll toss a support spell, and vice-versa. I don't let anyone -na over me unless it's a huge AoE that hit more than two or three people, though, in which case I watch and see who they're casting the -na on so that we don't overlap and waste each other's time.
This!

If there are other healers, I try to work together with them rather than compete with them. I'll sometimes even talk to them beforehand to split duties if I trust them.

I really hate when WHMs try to compete to cure the same person as me, because it's very counter-productive and not just because it wastes MP. It wastes a party slot, too. What I'll often do if I'm not in the party that's taking the most damage, is act as a backup healer for the WHM that's in that party. I'll watch who they heal, and say one person takes a bunch of damage and the WHM in that party starts casting Cure V. Then a second person in the same party takes damage and is in the red, that's where I step in to Cure the person whose main WHM is casting on someone else.

If there's enough actual healing to warrant multiple WHMs they should work together, not compete. Nothing bothers me more than having one person in my party die while I'm healing another, especially if a WHM in a different party could've saved them but instead wanted to try to beat me to my own Cures. They should know they have no chance of beating me! >:)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-03-30 12:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Applebottoms101 said: »
lol I like to do that when there are other WHM's present.. well.. non Bot ones..

Kinda lowers your chances of healing when you see the cure spell go off BEFORE they get into red.. D:

other than that yes I like it and I agree with Seraphina that it does help train WHM's to be better, and now with the update I hope to see more RDM and SCH doing more with it

Most of these arn't cure bots... only competent whms who know when a big damage spell/WS is inc and so will start curing beforehand... wish more people were smart enough to do this.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-30 12:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine likes to compare his barspells/boost spells with other whm's in the alliance. WHM epeen is fun to watch.
[+]