You Know Your Parents Got To You When....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » You Know Your Parents Got To You When....
You Know Your Parents Got To You When....
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 02:02:51
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

As much as we try and to separate ourselves from others to flourish as unique individuals, whether we like it or not, our folks tend to leave apart of themselves in your personality or behavior, which can emerge in many forms.

Personally, I know my folks got to me when I find myself listening to (and enjoying) Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan along with many other 60s folk/rock music artists.

Tell us what your parents left behind in you and what it comes out as.
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Server: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-12 02:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

An extreme dislike of Steve Martin, even though I don't actually dislike him as an actor.
Funny how things like that tend to happen.

Also, I don't get along with very many people. >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-12 02:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I still listen to 80s rock. When I was really little I hated it but it was all my dad listened to so by the time I was like 5-6 I started likeing it. Hmm my moms laziness. My dads scapegoatishness. My dads refusal to quit till the job is done. Though lately I think I'm influencing them more... they finally started getting computer literate and now my step mom plays WoW... Oh yeah and both my dad and step mom always wanted to join the military but theyre parents kinds stopped them so I ended up doing it lol. And yeah thanks to my dad watching scifi or still sometimes science channels lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Delsol
Server: Bahamut
user: Delsol
By Bahamut.Delsol 2009-05-12 02:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

More then likely my independent nature/stubbornness which can make it a little hard to get along with parents.
Also a like for 80s rock
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-12 02:15:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

stubbornness

kindness

Problem solving skills ~

im pretty much a copy~paste version of my dad but with some extra stuff I got from my mom o.o

its rather strange but my family is pretty close xD we always get along!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 02:19:50

Personality-wise, I got most if not all of my mom's open mindedness along with compassion and understanding. Unfortunately I seem to have gotten the same dosage of procrastination and laziness from my dad, but at the same time find equal enjoyment in both their tastes for just about everything, including food, music, literature, etc.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-12 02:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Adopted.
 Fairy.Filielle
Server: Fairy
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 02:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

When you see them hurting your own family around you. Then you just watch & stand well for them to stop doing the harmful things to each other as an example. Then, you begin to understand that people are not so different from each other & just need their own space & time to settle themselves against others as well.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 02:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
Adopted.

I'm well aware of that, Brad.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 02:25:07

Houshisama said:
Adopted.

Assuming you have foster parents or legal guardians, they can have an equally important and significant impact on who you are as a person. Feel free to share that if you want.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-12 02:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Being an ***. >_____>
Stubbornness.
Complete insanity.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 02:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
Being an ***. >_____>
Stubbornness.
Complete insanity.

Rosuto, you were the kindest person to approach me in FFXI without all the underhanded scheming as well, but that is to be expected. I accept you no matter what & I know the pain you bear, but it doesn't give a right to keep taking it out on whatever you see fit. It's honestly rediculous how many people are just rats being tested under the nose of each other, but that is an easy approach to hold.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-12 02:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Filielle, dont quote me and call me other people.

also, that had nothing to do with the thread. stop doing that.

I WILL KILL YOU ***.

this is the attitude i got from my father.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 02:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
Filielle, dont quote me and call me other people.

also, that had nothing to do with the thread. stop doing that.

I WILL KILL YOU ***.

this is the attitude i got from my father.

Yeah? You can kill me if you wan't, but the regret you will bear is something to actually think of.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-12 02:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have no regrets. I've killed before.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 02:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
I would have no regrets. I've killed before.

Then bring it; I got a whole army on myside, waiting to test some new ways to tear apart that circuitry you insisted to have installed in you till the sense comes back into your humanity that we are all equal.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 02:38:05

Take this personal discussion to PMs, and try and keep your posts at least somewhat relevant.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-12 02:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Filielle said:
Yeah? You can kill me if you wan't, but the regret you will bear is something to actually think of.

Wait wait I thought there was a line for this? What about me I've been hankering for some murdering for quite a few years now.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-12 02:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not adopted. at least i can't prove it yet. I just think i am. I am nothing like my parents. I just possess said traits above.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-12 02:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Take this personal discussion to PMs, and try and keep your posts at least somewhat relevant.

Lol you havent been listening to fil last couple of days have you? Her post are not only no relevant to the thread there generally not relevant to english or anything understandable even though all the words and punctuation/word/grammar is usually right.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 02:43:08

Houshisama said:
I'm not adopted. at least i can't prove it yet. I just think i am. I am nothing like my parents. I just possess said traits above.

Well I suppose there are exceptions to my theory, but essentially it comes down to your conformity or resistance to your folks that makes you who you are. In this case, what do you think it was about your parents that made you detach yourself in such a way to be your own person?
 Garuda.Amara
Server: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-12 02:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My father's patience and taste in music when it comes to oldies 50's, 60's, 70's <3 and some of my mom's taste in music then a mix of my own that neither one of them can stand...

My mom's temper.
My love of sci-fi from my dad, and my love of books from my mom.
Other then that I'm an oddity to the rest of my family, complete nerd, yet also a very outdoorsy person. The fact that I never had to try for 90's in school it just came to me, whereas both of them had to work for their marks.

Though... I did get my job from my mom in a way, I still had to have the interview and such. But I work in the same office doing the same ***every night, I just work 3rd shift, she does days... Makes it nice at home, I don't have to see my family very often allowing me more freedom to play FFXI without her constantly bitching at me lol.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 02:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:

That is easily determinable by the good of quality you express. As long as hope can be beside those who admit, then hate crimes are easily disrupted. You take a good step in a way that no one considers & you lack the credibility than most give you. I can at least admit that i'm flattered that someone like you took that much of a liking to me throughout FFXI; All I can hope for is for us to meet again under different given circumstances to just have fun & live life to the fullest to a different approach; Not the pervented sense that people get averted to in all honesty.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-12 02:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My dad is overly violent. So I am not, i try to stop violence against me instead of retaliating.
My mom does stupid things with her money so i try to learn about money and investing and all that ***and learn to not be so petty as to be distracted by small things. Also she has views about religion that made me feel she is very stupid, and makes me feel depressed about religion in general and so i kind of never listen to her.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-12 02:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Filielle said:
Houshisama said:

That is easily determinable by the good of quality you express. As long as hope can be beside those who admit, then hate crimes are easily disrupted. You take a good step in a way that no one considers & you lack the credibility than most give you. I can at least admit that i'm flattered that someone like you took that much of a liking to me throughout FFXI; All I can hope for is for us to meet again under different given circumstances to just have fun & live life to the fullest to a different approach; Not the pervented sense that people get averted to in all honesty.

Where's my kids? Why don't you let me see them :(
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 02:50:21

This is how we become our own brand or special blend of human. We take the virtues of those around us and bring them unto ourselves and resist the flaws that drag us down.

It's unfortunate you had to do more resisting than taking in, but I suppose the upside is that it made you a much stronger and more independent person overall.

There's two sides to everything, and I at least try and see things with a silver lining.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-12 02:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
Filielle said:
Houshisama said:

Where's my kids? Why don't you let me see them :(

Lmao; What?

Well, on a different page, I don't do that sort of scandalizing thing when people get it as well. I don't think of you that way either, I use to on & off in a guilty sense but it did give me hope that I at least know you always did cared for me from such a distance, that it's unbearable. It's not haunting, but it's also enough where I can be my own person.

Yeah, I get tired of Kuro always jumping the gun first but he has his own ***too. & Sexuality? At least it's all a process to provide to future children as a better example within ourselves.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-12 02:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
This is how we become our own brand or special blend of human. We take the virtues of those around us and bring them unto ourselves and resist the flaws that drag us down.

It's unfortunate you had to do more resisting than taking in, but I suppose the upside is that it made you a much stronger and more independent person overall.

There's two sides to everything, and I at least try and see things with a silver lining.

personally learned what not to be from people i look down upon, like 98% of society.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-12 02:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

Everyone I know refuses to try them, but my brothers and I were raised on these things. My mom ate them as a kid, and her mom at them as a kid, and I will make them for my kids.

Theyre awesome. Just try them, I swear.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5