Cure Gear Sets. Serious Business.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Cure gear sets. Serious business.
Cure gear sets. Serious business.
By Ophannus 2012-04-27 08:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental Staves werent fun since RDM doesnt have AoE nukes, had to build azure first then chainspell Nuke for killshots then pray I got a restore chest to repeat
By Ophannus 2012-04-27 08:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I use the Hyksos Cap cuz it has 7 MND but 10 Healing Skill which makes it better than RDM AF3+2 hat for cures and has -Enmity too.
 Sylph.Ballzack
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2012-04-29 03:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Viable set? Or needs more Mnd? Lol
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-04-29 03:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I cure for 1,700 cure4's on SCH and don't stack any MND or +healing skill gear at all. Cap cure potency, then cap -enmity imo. Screw +mnd and +healing skill, waste of inventory slots.
 Sylph.Ballzack
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2012-04-29 03:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You also get a self light weather which Rdm cant get
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-06-01 08:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question, when exactly do people find their RDM's cure potency lacking? I can't recall caring in the past two years.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2012-06-04 08:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stani said: »
Serious question, when exactly do people find their RDM's cure potency lacking? I can't recall caring in the past two years.

So your going to say how worthless of a rdm you are by trolling with a necorbump? I think you need a visit from Marry Poppins,
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-04 10:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said: »

So your going to say how worthless of a rdm you are by trolling with a necorbump? I think you need a visit from Marry Poppins,

On a more serious note, when has anyone cared about RDM at all in the past 2 years?
[+]
By Drjones 2012-06-04 10:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

On a more serious note, when has anyone cared about RDM at all in the past 2 years?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-06-05 07:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dnc can still farm a relic, it just can't use one.

Rdm can... uh... Foreveralone.
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-06-06 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Way to not respond to the post you quote, use fourth grade grammar, make unsubstantiated insults, and fail a literary reference. I see you're on Bismarck, I'll show you my worthless RDM then you can tell me what that makes yours.
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2012-06-11 10:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Way to not respond to the post you quote, use fourth grade grammar, make unsubstantiated insults, and fail a literary reference. I see you're on Bismarck, I'll show you my worthless RDM then you can tell me what that makes yours.
this guy is a pretentious douche, who understands nothing of game mechanics so do not take him seriously. he likes to stroke his own ego by throwing "big" words out there, and arguing with others.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Server: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-06-11 11:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I haven't even cared enough to get it to level 99 and it was my favorite job =\
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-06-29 05:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the cure set I aim to get, ignore Almace if you want, I only play RDM with /DNC or /NIN with extremely rare /SCH so I added it as it is what I would be using, however the rest of the set caps Cure potency with +17 Cure received some decent stuff besides that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-07-01 03:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And even then Sanus Enis wouldn't be good.
By Demon6324236 2012-07-01 07:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
And even then Sanus Enis wouldn't be good.
Actually from a melee RDM standpoint the sword is quite good, cure potency is always welcome, STR & MND work well with Req or Knights of Round(if you have Excalibur) if you have no Almace. The fact it gives extra potency to yourself is also welcome because RDM is really only allowed to melee when soloing, which that is perfect for!

If you are a RDM who melees you can also use Tefnut+Sanus which is 28% total, with Heka's you hit +43% with only 3 pieces of gear and cap with Nyzul legs. Any RDM/NIN or RDM/DNC who needs to take up a healing role for any reason could easily use these together to surpass the Cure potency staff from Magian trials. I don't see how this sword isn't good, but that might just be because I am a RDM who melees.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-07-01 08:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the sword is not that good even from a melee standpoint.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-07-01 08:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well, to each their own.
[+]
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2012-07-05 15:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Strange said: »
Quote:
this guy is a pretentious douche, who understands nothing of game mechanics so do not take him seriously. he likes to strike his own ego by throwing "big" words out there, and arguing with others.

You need facts? Let's see rdm actually has more then just 3 items for cure potency,.unlike 2 years ago meaning if you don't care your cure pot is only at 25% so yes that does back up my claim. I know plenty about game mechanics, i'm not a pretentious douch nor do I really care about my own ego. However when I do play I care about rdm and you were insulting it. Then you get butt hurt over it. That is called hipocracy.
By krish 2012-07-05 15:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda want a Sanus Enis for my MND build... which I haven't used in ages.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-07-05 16:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say it isn't good, it just isn't optimal for most situations. If you are thinking of subbing a STR shikargar the difference between the two isn't too terribly large, Sanus has one less base damage, and 2 less delay but has 2 more str and 13 mnd, you are really only missing out on 21 attack, which for soloing isn't going to make or break much. While attack is needed for red mage, he will be focusing on other aspects such as it's cure potency while allowing him to throw in other supporting gear such as fast cast, healing skill, or mnd.

Optimal no, but I'd say the sword is decent and is a fairly viable option in solo play.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-07-05 16:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not being optimal in most situations is why I don't consider it very good, when str shikargar is much easier to obtain imo. Shouldn't need the cure potency/mnd boost solo on rdm (if it's a weak mob, they are simply not needed at all, if it's something stronger, I can't recomment the sanus in the first place).

Offhand for excalibur on fodder is about the most I can think of offhand.
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2012-07-07 13:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Strange said: »
Quote:
this guy is a pretentious douche, who understands nothing of game mechanics so do not take him seriously. he likes to strike his own ego by throwing "big" words out there, and arguing with others.
You need facts? Let's see rdm actually has more then just 3 items for cure potency,.unlike 2 years ago meaning if you don't care your cure pot is only at 25% so yes that does back up my claim. I know plenty about game mechanics, i'm not a pretentious douch nor do I really care about my own ego. However when I do play I care about rdm and you were insulting it. Then you get butt hurt over it. That is called hipocracy.
i wish i would have seen this earlier, i was talking about the person i quoted not you please think before you post.