Darknight Gear Sets/SC (more Than Just WS/TP).

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Darknight gear sets/SC (more than just WS/TP).
Darknight gear sets/SC (more than just WS/TP).
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-19 14:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a plethora of threads on Drk gearsets for TP and WS (torcleaver, resolution, etc). I'm looking however for some information on other Drk gearsets:

Dark magic skill set.
PDT/MDT sets.
Other sets Drks think are relevant/needed.

Also, I'm looking for a quality Drk spellcast script. One that changes TP/WS sets based on buffs (uses less haste in TP phase when getting embrava or Marches with Last Resort up, etc).

Some "here's all the awesome gearsets I use on my drk" from some experienced players, with some spellcast to back it up, would be super.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-19 14:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

this should work pretty well

[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-19 14:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No pants, just my style.

On a serious note, I myself was looking for dark magic sets and the sort. Threw one together for fastcast for dread spikes/stun.

[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-19 14:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Have any recommendations for dark magic skill sets or any other sets you use on Drk besides TP/WS? and/or Spellcast.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-19 15:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I use this for a generic magic set, bale body for dread spikes

Zelus/Jeweled/
Twilight/Crimson
x/goading/Bale/Bale
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-19 15:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuevo would be used for pre-cast, then swap into Bale body. Will probably need skill on higher level stuff, but say in abyssea, full haste/fast cast is fine.

Edit:

Drain/Aspir(start in fast cast gear)

Absorbs, use Pavor Gauntlets, -TP use Bale hands, -Attri in unaffected by Pavor Gauntlets, I believe, don't take my word, -Attri will absorb 2 buffs with Nether Void though.

MDT/PDT should be pretty similar to war and pld.

Edit #2: I believe(without merits) the highest dark magic Drk can get is 480, but you'd need Abyssal Earring, which is usually unlikely to have.

Endark damage is directly based off Dark Magic Skill and rounded every 20 skills, so the most realistic amount to aim for is 460 skill.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-19 15:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
Also, I'm looking for a quality Drk spellcast script. One that changes TP/WS sets based on buffs (uses less haste in TP phase when getting embrava or Marches with Last Resort up, etc).
Are you looking for an xml that just has such sets, or one that automatically switches between them based on buffs? I ask because Spellcast/AutoExec aren't able to discern the presence of a second, identical buff. As such, the first march would trigger your full-buffs set and it wouldn't revert back to your normal 25/26% haste set unless both marches wore off. There are manual workarounds for this issue if you're so inclined.

Anyway, I was fooling around with DRK sets a few days ago so I actually have some relevant sets on hand:

This is actually 52% PDT, I was just exploring maximum PDT options for DRK while maintaining Shadow Mantle and Nocturnus Helm. With Jingang Greaves (since you probably don't have Phorcys yet) or Rheic Shoes +1/2/3 you'd still be at 50/51%.

MDT: If you're getting full potency Shellra V (Sheltered Ring/Cleric's Pantaloons +2) then Engulfer Cape/Nocturnus Mail/Shadow Ring/DRing/Ogier's Helm/Twilight Torque is your best option for inventory conservation while maximizing absorption/nullification and capping MDT. 25% for a completely NQ Shell V requires two items since the rest of your slots are 2-3% MDT, Ogier's Leggings being preferable given their additional INT and MDB. If you don't have Noct Mail (could have sworn you did but I don't see them in your gear history), Mekira Meikogai works too.

This is technically your best dark magic skill build:

but you may consider forgoing some of those items (harness -> Twilight Mail for instance) for inventory's sake. Why? Well, even with full merits that build only puts you at 498 skill unless Aesir Torque's latent is active. As such you're 2 skill short of the next Endark tier outside of Darksday. You would lose potency on Drain/Aspir though, for what it's worth. Crimson/BFGs and Pavor Gauntlets are next best option in the hand slot. If you don't have dark skill merits you'd need all of these items to break into your highest damage tier.

EDIT: Excelsis/Hirudenia for Drain/Aspir. Note that NQ and HQ Demon's Harness have the same dark skill+5.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-19 15:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda random pick out of all of that, but doesn't the effect of Sheltered ring get removed when you unequip it?
Edit: To clearify, after you un/re-equip it you have to have pro/shell cast on you again to get the bonus.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-19 15:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I'm aware of, as long as you get Shell while wearing the ring you should be fine. If it's off you're probably engaged and (if your WHMs play anything like mine) you'll end up getting Shell V instead in any situation where your damage taken is enough to warrant an MDT swap, hence my comments towards 25%.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-19 15:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Not that I'm aware of, as long as you get Shell while wearing the ring you should be fine. If it's off you're probably engaged and (if your WHM plays anything like mine) you'll end up getting Shell V instead, hence my comments towards 25%.
Assuming they have WHM that re-apply shell mid-fight.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-03-19 16:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the sets that I use.

Dark Magic Skill/Magic Accuracy:

Mainly for voidwatch, hence the woeborn (losing the tp doesn't/didn't matter so much). Could use a different body but nothing really seemed worth the cost and no twilight mail.

Dread Spikes:

I opt for maximum hit points over haste. But I suppose if you had multiple mobs attacking you the fast cast could be preferable.
This set absorbs 1,387 damage, and (pending on situation) after using it I swap in to...

[Ninja edit]

PDT: -50%

These two sets are normally used when I'm soloing so yeah I might lose some tp but surviving is my main concern.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-19 16:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh... if anything losing TP matters more in VW since your normal TP floor is significantly higher than 0 thanks to Save TP buffs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-19 17:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

K thanx guys, looks like I wasn't too off base.

And yes Nightfrye, I know that spellcast won't see dual buffs, so I guess I'll just stick with manually swapping between groups based on buffs (LR+March group, LR_noMarch, LRDown). I don't mind manually swapping between 3 TP/WS groups, but it gets a little hairy when I start adding alternates (high acc/low acc LR up/down sets based on buffs)..

But ya, any decent, well thought out Spellcast would be great.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-03-19 17:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh... if anything losing TP matters more in VW since your normal TP floor is significantly higher than 0 thanks to Save TP buffs.

Although I get what you are saying, if he is timing the weapon swap only when he has dusty wing, it ends up not having any effect. Is what I do on nin if I'm really having trouble sticking a debuff :(.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-03-19 18:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »

Although I get what you are saying, if he is timing the weapon swap only when he has dusty wing, it ends up not having any effect. Is what I do on nin if I'm really having trouble sticking a debuff :(.

^This

If HV or EV proc was darkness and not a black mage spell then it's Dark Knight and after procing you get a dusty wing back so as I said, losing the tp doesn't matter.

Especially if it means the difference between winning a fight or losing. I've seen about 1000 drks who can't proc sh!t and at times it leads to needless difficulty or failure.

--------------

edit:

I will say however that I would agree with you on a fight like Rex where you pretty much have a two to three minute window to deal damage before everyone dies.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2012-03-19 20:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you happen to have an Apoc with aftermath up.

Haste: 25% PDT:48 MDT:35Blitzer Poleyn needs Haste+3, Physical Damage Taken -4%, Dark Ring 6/6, Darkness Earring 2 PDT