What Happened To Cure?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » What happened to Cure?!
What happened to Cure?!
First Page 2
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-03-08 05:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember seeing somewhere SE saying they were gonna do some changes on cure spells, but I didn't understand/bother with it. Yesterday I was doing Dragua and I almost ran out of MP because of all the curing... I even pulled hate off a Vere MNK.

What happened? Did they nerf cures or I'm just crazy? Usually I could heal a MNK back to full HP in just one Cure VI but that didn't seem to happen yesterday...
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2012-03-08 05:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

they didnt "nerf" Cure, they are making it so healing skill actually matters now, if you have issues /sch and it should be less noticable but this has not taken effect yet on the servers just the test server i believe ( i kno for a fact it hasnt been on the regular servers yet)
[+]
By Blazed1979 2012-03-08 05:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK might have sucked. Or you were curing darksday and getting tons of resists, or your macros were not working.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-03-08 05:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't touch cures yet. There was no noticeable glitch because of the server downtime earlier.

I'm also curious about your magical 3k HP cure VIs ("back to full HP") and how you ran out of mp with Vere MNK at 99 in abyssea.

This whole thread is silly. :)
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2012-03-08 05:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Maybe it was just me then, but something definitely was off yesterday on that dragon.
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2012-03-08 05:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
They didn't touch cures yet. There was no noticeable glitch because of the server downtime earlier.

I'm also curious about your magical 3k HP cure VIs ("back to full HP") and how you ran out of mp with Vere MNK at 99 in abyssea.

This whole thread is silly. :)

This is a legit thread honey, I wouldn't bother to make a thread just to *** people. And yes, I did ran out of MP in Abyssea at 99. That's why I asked in the first place.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2012-03-08 05:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

did you have multiple DD's on him? spamming cure 6 will eat your mp unless u have a good 15-20 refresh on (MM doesnt cut it w/ cure 6 spam) maybe wrong atmas? if you had allure on you shouldnt have issues, -enimity and +mnd makes a huge differance but for starters id start wondering why you had to use cure 6, i almost never have a use for that spell (ive duel boxed dragua alot as thf/war+whm/sch)
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2012-03-08 05:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
did you have multiple DD's on him? spamming cure 6 will eat your mp unless u have a good 15-20 refresh on (MM doesnt cut it w/ cure 6 spam) maybe wrong atmas? if you had allure on you shouldnt have issues, -enimity and +mnd makes a huge differance but for starters id start wondering why you had to use cure 6, i almost never have a use for that spell (ive duel boxed dragua alot as thf/war+whm/sch)

Yes, we had a THF together and I spammed Curagas aswell. Earth Wyrm, Allure and MM, cure potency capped on set using +2 body and +11 refresh on idle (counting MM). Guess it was just me not conserving MP in the end. Was just curious if the adjustment they announced was taking place.

Thanks for the imput everyone.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-08 07:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

11 refresh? using MM and you have body +2?
That's atleast 12! :P
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-08 07:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They're doing a series of mini-shows this summer and there are talks of a full on reunion tour.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa 2012-03-08 07:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been duel boxing dragua mnk/war whm/rdm and I don't run into mp issues also dunno why cure VI would be needed. Even getting hit with a spell then tp move. Honestly dunno why you are using Earthen Wyrm either should never be in range of spells and wing can be healed with a cure 4. And I keep temp healing items on mnk just incase of the rare petrify on whm. Also sounds like mnk and more so the thief needed to pay attention more for less curaga spam. Maybe just badluck but even when my whm gets petrified with -pdt -mdt and temps I have survived several minutes till it wore but with barpet it rarely happens anymore.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-03-08 08:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible that you forgot to grab atmas and just assumed you did? I have done this before, and the outcome was much like what you are describing.
 Fenrir.Aleste
Server: Fenrir
user: Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-03-08 08:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They have not adjusted it on the real server yet, only on the test server.

The power formula and soft caps have changed. Expect a 30-65% increase on cure 1-4, and a drop of 0-5% on cure 5/6.

Interestingly enough, cure3 is now the most efficient hp/mp spell, and cure5 is second last >.>;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Punchus
Server: Bismarck
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2012-03-08 09:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
They're doing a series of mini-shows this summer and there are talks of a full on reunion tour.

I lol'd hard. Just a spectacular post.
 Shiva.Sleih
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Sleih 2012-03-08 09:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to come off as a *** here but, do you use different equipment sets, or do you full time cure pot? If #2 is the answer I will just bury my face in my hands and proceed to exhale my weary soul.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-03-08 10:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe you got wrong atmas ?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-03-08 10:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Sleih said: »
Going to come off as a *** here but, do you use different equipment sets, or do you full time cure pot? If #2 is the answer I will just bury my face in my hands and proceed to exhale my weary soul.
Hades.Tripster said: »

Yes, we had a THF together and I spammed Curagas aswell. Earth Wyrm, Allure and MM, cure potency capped on set using +2 body and +11 refresh on idle (counting MM). Guess it was just me not conserving MP in the end. Was just curious if the adjustment they announced was taking place.

Thanks for the imput everyone.

assuming he does, unless I'm misunderstanding of the use of the term "idle"
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-03-08 10:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aleste said: »
They have not adjusted it on the real server yet, only on the test server.

The power formula and soft caps have changed. Expect a 30-65% increase on cure 1-4, and a drop of 0-5% on cure 5/6.

Interestingly enough, cure3 is now the most efficient hp/mp spell, and cure5 is second last >.>;

sounds good for me as I don't have my alt's cure4 yet for /whm (or /rdm).
 Shiva.Sleih
By Shiva.Sleih 2012-03-08 10:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea or not, it's not a good thing to excuse the lack of gear swaps, especially on a Mage job Dx.
I guess what I should really ask is, in your curing set, do you use the empyrean +2 legs? I know myself with 49% potency on my set does ~1400+ HP per Cure VI with RDM sub, with the 5% mp from cure amounts, I get about a 70 mp return on those cures with ~22 mp/tick with refresh up, making it incredibly hard to run out of mp. Even if I do, I can run out of range briefly and use convert if I had to. (Only has occurred a few times in alliance play) I'm getting way off of topic here but yea... I am intrigued myself about these 3k cures I saw mentioned earlier lol.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Sleih
By Shiva.Sleih 2012-03-08 11:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Brain went out to lunch when it came around to reading that... Might have been the 11mp refresh that caught my eye the most, forgive my ignorance :X
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-03-08 11:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

GOD YES PLASE, ***. YES GOD ***, YES!
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2012-03-08 11:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I am intrigued myself about these 3k cures I saw mentioned earlier lol.

Well, the OP never specifically said 3k cures. Someone else assumed he did because he simply said "[he] could heal a MNK back to full HP." For all we know, he could have just been spamming Cure VI when it wasn't even necessary (hp-wise), which might explain the drain on his mp. D:
 Shiva.Sleih
By Shiva.Sleih 2012-03-08 11:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I understand that, just had to make an *** of myself. I do believe the enmity issue can be directly faulted upon the cure spam, since I believe it was the last update, they updated the emnity for cures v and vi. Correct me please if I am wrong.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Sleih
By Shiva.Sleih 2012-03-08 11:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I am intrigued myself about these 3k cures I saw mentioned earlier lol.
you had me curious and tested it. In my lvl 90 old cureset I haven't used in like a year it just did 3140 to myself on a neutral day and I have much less vit then a mnk I'd imagine lol

so I believe it! : p
Divine Seal?

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-09 09:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
Is it possible that you forgot to grab atmas and just assumed you did? I have done this before, and the outcome was much like what you are describing.

Off topic:
did the same one my curemule once.
After killing CC 3-4 times i ran out of mp and i was. omg i forgot atma's
First Page 2