user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-04 16:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mental said: »
Fenrir.Hanabira said: »
Bismarck.Aerison said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
2 relics and you didn't know that DA can proc on any physical ws below 8 hits? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
this.

i no longer feel like my new Ragnarok is an accomplishment thanks to this.
If you got it post-dyna update, neither is yours, sorry...
if you reread what i said, i already said i dont feel like mine was. keep your cheap shots to yourself

and to be honest, i consider 6 weeks solo more of an accomplishment than begging 20 people to show up for a year to do it for me

The new Relic System is a great accomplishment, in many ways i feel it's alot better. Is it a greater accomplisment than the old system, no.

A linkshell team that supports members for there commitment to the Linkshell with a Relic sponsorship was a honor & mostly given to skilled, deserving players. Sponsors had to farm & craft 500k-1m per week on top of the same Dynamis commitment. Overall it was alot more work.

Although times have changed for the better in some ways, lets be realistic about how Dynmais was previously, Hanabira.

oh god, skilled, deserving players? you've got to be joking. most relic owners were complete idiots.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-04 16:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that set is not working best for you. Also scourge should pretty much never be used after finishing the trials.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-04 16:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know a single Aegis PLD who could outtank any of the Koenig PLD's in any linkshell ever. I'm sure there have been some, I've just never seen them.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-03-09 12:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that set is not working best for you. Also scourge should pretty much never be used after finishing the trials.
300 TP Aftermath w/ March/Minuet/Minuet/Embrava is pretty sick when you can spam the Resolution afterwards.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-09 17:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

+~8% critrate for one minute when you're already looking at ~25% critrate vs a 300 TP Resolution (0.96875 fTP at 300 TP + gorget/belt bonuses, or 27% more damage than a 100 TP Reso). I'd take the epeen Resolution. Doubly so if you're as heavily attack buffed as you say, since that's to Resolution's benefit and also devalues increased critrate.

EDIT: To go into a little more detail, Scourge would have to do about as much damage as a 100 TP Resolution for the critrate just to break even, or likely more given the current environment's skew towards WS damage. Not happening. That's also ignoring the possibility that using the dusty wing is sub-optimal either way given that you could have managed what, at least two attack rounds in before the item completes when riding full buffs? That's around 2.25~2.4 hits depending on what set you're in, nearly half a WS (unbuffed, much more with Save TP buffs) + the white damage gained after your Resolution's TP return. If a wing only improves your Reso damage by <=27% (TP overflow), it's actually of greatest benefit to not use the wing at all.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-03-09 17:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Night is a friggan FF God!! Dude, is there anything you dont know?? Wish you were on my server.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2012-03-14 16:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
300 TP Aftermath w/ March/Minuet/Minuet/Embrava is pretty sick when you can spam the Resolution afterwards.

If you have Embrava, then what's the point of march?
[+]
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-14 21:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Lakshmi.Mental said: »
Bismarck.Aerison said: »
2 relics and you didn't know that DA can proc on any physical ws below 8 hits? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
this.

i no longer feel like my new Ragnarok is an accomplishment thanks to this.
If you got it post-dyna update, neither is yours, sorry...
if you reread what i said, i already said i dont feel like mine was. keep your cheap shots to yourself

and to be honest, i consider 6 weeks solo more of an accomplishment than begging 20 people to show up for a year to do it for me

The new Relic System is a great accomplishment, in many ways i feel it's alot better. Is it a greater accomplisment than the old system, no.

A linkshell team that supports members for there commitment to the Linkshell with a Relic sponsorship was a honor & mostly given to skilled, deserving players. Sponsors had to farm & craft 500k-1m per week on top of the same Dynamis commitment. Overall it was alot more work.

Although times have changed for the better in some ways, lets be realistic about how Dynmais was previously, Hanabira.

oh god, skilled, deserving players? you've got to be joking. most relic owners were complete idiots.

There were some who actually self funded it or in some linkshells actually were successful and made relics consistently and members who put work in got them but few and far between. Yes most of the relic owners sucked *** for example on phoenix mdwarlord/sicflip.

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
I didn't know a single Aegis PLD who could outtank any of the Koenig PLD's in any linkshell ever. I'm sure there have been some, I've just never seen them.

Then you must of known a lot of shitty Aegis paladin's back then. One of my closest friends is an amazing paladin and I knew a few good others. Generally back in those days most of the koenig one's I knew were ***, granted I did know a shitty Aegis paladin that we made for a deserving member in the ls my other friend was the leader of, we use to lol hard at him and talk so much trash to his face and behind his back
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-03-22 17:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish Scourge was better, I like shooting space lasers.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-03-22 17:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ayrendel said: »
Quote:

It's Reborn/quetz (ty aus), what do you expect?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-03-24 20:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Phoenix.Ayrendel said: »
Quote:

It's Reborn/quetz (ty aus), what do you expect?
Our Galka is special, and should not be considered a direct representation of RebornLS, kthx.

Edit: Setproc on WS etc
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-24 22:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Followup to my previous post: Scourge's aftermath is actually 5% critrate, not the previously estimated 8%. As such it's even less useful than I indicated.