[Dev] Prism Staff (All Elemental Staves Combined)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » [Dev] Prism Staff (All Elemental Staves Combined)
[Dev] Prism Staff (All Elemental Staves Combined)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-01 12:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My BLU is in love with this.
And my RDM mule.
And me in general, I guess.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-03-01 12:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
I'd much rather have seen higher tier versions of the existing elemental staves, giving increased performance to all the stats, hidden and not, still keeping ToM staves the best at their specific attribute, yet giving that "all jobs" glory to jobs who can't even equip ToM staves.

This prism staff is basically just the lv51 HQs combined, which would have been great 3 years ago but now it's kind of like so what?
For those of us who haven't made a set of set of ToM staves and never plan to?

Your so what response seems to based in the assumption that literally everyone has a full set of ToM staves.. Which simply isn't the case.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-01 12:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My inventory would rather have this opposed to higher tier stave's at this point though.
Bar blm due to the ToM stave's and to a lesser extent, rdm.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-03-01 12:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
This is great news for all of us who carry tons of Elemental Staves for their career job xD Due to the limited amount of "stat" space on an item, I hope they add a small Synergy Augment to the Prism Staff so we can tailor our staff to a specific auxiliary purpose that the original Elemental Staves were used for. For example:
Base stats: DMG: 35 Delay: 356 STR+9 DEX+9 VIT+9 AGI+9 INT+9 MND+9 CHR+4 (Affinity: magic attack +2, magic accuracy +2, avatar perpetuation cost -3)
Synergy w/ Carbite = 10% Cure Potency Synergy w/ Titanite = PDT- 20% etc...
gfdgfhgsdfhsgfhsgdfg *squee*

but can you add more to it or is it just a solid 1 augment/1 staff?

still amazing for SCH,RDM,BLM,and SMN :3
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-03-01 12:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
I'd much rather have seen higher tier versions of the existing elemental staves, giving increased performance to all the stats, hidden and not, still keeping ToM staves the best at their specific attribute, yet giving that "all jobs" glory to jobs who can't even equip ToM staves.

This prism staff is basically just the lv51 HQs combined, which would have been great 3 years ago but now it's kind of like so what?

Your so what response seems to based in the assumption that literally everyone has a full set of ToM staves.. Which simply isn't the case.
No, my so what response is based on the assumption that all this means is inv +7 for those of us who indeed haven't bothered with ToM. 3 years ago, a staff that equals lv51 equipment would have been great, but in 2012 I'd hope for something a tad better, or is that expecting too much?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-03-01 13:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd much rather have seen higher tier versions of the existing elemental staves, giving increased performance to all the stats, hidden and not, still keeping ToM staves the best at their specific attribute, yet giving that "all jobs" glory to jobs who can't even equip ToM staves. This prism staff is basically just the lv51 HQs combined, which would have been great 3 years ago but now it's kind of like so what?
For those of us who haven't made a set of set of ToM staves and never plan to? Your so what response seems to based in the assumption that literally everyone has a full set of ToM staves.. Which simply isn't the case.
No, my so what response is based on the assumption that all this means is inv +7 for those of us who indeed haven't bothered with ToM. 3 years ago, a staff that equals lv51 equipment would have been great, but in 2012 I'd hope for something a tad better, or is that expecting too much?
the recent trend has been "do everything 10 years late" so i guess they finally got this far in their "things to do 10 years later" list
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-01 13:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is a nice idea..

My BLU and COR say YES

The should do the same for the Magian staffs too, a combined I version, II version, and III version.

Should also combine the "prism" WS Gorget and "prism" Belt as well as a 'prism" Obi.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-01 13:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG! All jobs?! Brb freeing 7 slots from my inventory!
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-01 13:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sell your stave's before they get chea- oh :/
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2012-03-01 13:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue is likely more the relatively strength/usefulness of the elemental staves since their introduction. There's still basically nothing that matches the all-around usefulness of HQ staves. Many of us are still toting around a set of staves in addition to ToM ones due to those being more focused and not All Jobs.

It depends on the difficulty of acquisition I think. If this is something that people can go trade a set of staves for, or is otherwise readily available, then it's just a convenience and quite welcome.

If this is meant as a premium drop from some new content, then I'd really be expecting more.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-03-01 13:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's SE.. what do you think?

My options, just coming back and still having RDM sitting at 80, is pretty much level 51 staffs, I'll be glad for the inventory space.. I already have BST and DNC to worry about and several pieces of gear for each slot for each.. Just 1 staff instead of 8, is a huge leap forward, at least to me.
 Valefor.Hjui
user: Hjui
By Valefor.Hjui 2012-03-01 13:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to kill woodworking if it is as a single item sellable on the auction house (undercutters etc...) and the ingredients for HQ Prism staff arnt say all 8 HQ staves.. ?

Y/N? Any thoughts
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-01 13:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to point out, The elemental stave's still have additional stats other than their elemental affinity as opposed to what this staff "could" have still.
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-03-01 13:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Hjui said: »
Going to kill woodworking if it is as a single item sellable on the auction house (undercutters etc...) and the ingredients for HQ Prism staff arnt say all 8 HQ staves.. ? Y/N? Any thoughts

Prism Gem (1)
Synergy 100 (whatever craft to make gems) 100
1x all element gems

Prism Staff (1)
Synergy 100 (relevent crafts) 100
1x prism gem
1+x random staff making items

watch...just watch...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-01 13:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Just to point out, The elemental stave's still have additional stats other than their elemental affinity as opposed to what this staff "could" have still.
Honestly, other than Terra staff I don't feel like keeping any other.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-01 13:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Even terra's staff has limited usefulness.
By Drjones 2012-03-01 14:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This would be awesome, except that ToM staves exist. Still, I guess it's good for jobs that aren't on the ToM staves. Yay?
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-01 14:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be real, the Prism Staff is going to be Veteran Smithing.
By Finality 2012-03-01 14:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You all are assuming that it's non-upgradable. What if those are the "Base stats" as indicated and it can be upgraded into a prism staff of magian quality, or better yet made from combined magian staves.
 Valefor.Rancor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-03-01 14:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Excited untill its a rare/ex drop off a VW mob at 0.001% :D
[+]
By Drjones 2012-03-01 14:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Finality said: »
You all are assuming that it's non-upgradable. What if those are the "Base stats" as indicated and it can be upgraded into a prism staff of magian quality, or better yet made from combined magian staves.
Why would we assume otherwise? This SE we're talking about here.

Basically what Rancor said.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-03-01 14:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

im not gonna lie, this kinda pisses me off. before they did the 80 cap, people actually tried to get the best gear possible. they took pride in wearing level accurate gear, and they took pride in doing their job. now people are all excited about a piece of gear that you can essentially get at level 51. thats 48 levels old. honestly with the exception of a few pieces(emp hairpin, o hat), no one should be using gear that old. when the magean staves came out, i thought they were horribly daunting. and yes, they do take time. but again, thats where pride comes into the picture. and i dont even have one at the highest tier yet. but im proud to wield the 95 ice and lightning staves. i love being able to one shot some mobs. now, that being said. i dont have any of the ones for smn yet. i still use the HQ ele staves. but there is a downside for the idea of a combined stats. there is no way SE will actually make a staff that does everything that ele staves did. the stats i can see. but not damage,acc and perp, it's too all encompasing. se has never made a best be all end all weapon for just that reason. they want people to take the time and make their mind up about gear. they dont want everyone wearing the exact same stuff all the time. yes, the lower inventory idea is nice, but a.- think about how much something like that would actually cost. b. the items you are currently wearing are going to sell for shite, c. it doesnt fit into SE's method for continuing to give people things to do. the megean trials were a way for se to enable players to keep busy. requiring the death of timed nm's, numbers of kills of said mobs under abnormal weather conditions. i just find it difficult to believe that after they took so much time planning all of that, they are going to hand over a staff that will completely undermine woodworking in one fell swoop. personally i feel if they want to expand on this idea, then they should enable augmenting of the ele staves. allow players to modify the bonuses rather then offering a staff to cover all the bases at a low level. and for those who posted earlier about the affinity- affinity refers to a bonus to said element- aka fire boost everything fire related.
1 is 10 mab, mag acc is 20, and perp is -2(nq staves)
2 is 15 mab, mag acc 30, perp -3 (hq staves)
3 is 20 mab, mag acc 40, perp -4
4 is 25 mab, mag acc 50, perp -5
5 is 30 mab, mag acc 60, perp -6
6 is 35 mab, mag acc 70, perp -7

and as for the upgrading the 8 staves into 1, you know SE will never do that
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-03-01 14:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »

[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-01 14:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Drjones said: »
This would be awesome, except that ToM staves exist. Still, I guess it's good for jobs that aren't on the ToM staves. Yay?
I can tell you it'd be very valuable for cor.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-01 15:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

03-01-2012 01:23 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Alrighty, I followed up on some your questions and suggestions.

In regards to the question about whether the "affinity: magic attack +2" and what not would be the same as the Magian staves, I was told that it would be closer to the stats on the original elemental staves.

Also, the development team seems quite intent on keeping cure potency on the prism staff, but they are not planning to add -PDT.

Finally, there have been some comments about making a prism-type staff that would combine all of the Magian staves. While your suggestions are of course always welcome, we would like to keep this to a separate discussion and will look into this another time.
Subscribe
 Valefor.Rancor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-03-01 15:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Drjones said: »
I can tell you it'd be very valuable for cor.

This is awsome for blu, as well as smn.
I have not done the ToM staves because I hardly use RDM, dnt have blm lvld and if I did wouldnt use it much still, and blu can not use them and I would have to keep the ele staves any way for smn (or keep them for rdm if I did the perp - ones)
I am looking forward to it
Just not how you get it :p
AH price tag default 3mil on new items if not higher (K/KS/KC/BCNM/WOE/ArchDynaNm)
and VW.... Well its VW...
Expecting Legion pay out to be worse than all of the above
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-03-01 15:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see why they couldn't make a ToM trial in which the objective is one of each of the ToM staves.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-01 15:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
I don't see why they couldn't make a ToM trial in which the objective is one of each of the ToM staves.
For players it seems like it would work perfectly, since we know exactly how much work it takes to do and so on.

For developers they have this idea of how they want the game to be like, and since the ToM are a step up from elemental staves they combined them to make them more desirable for people who don't want to do or have time to do ToM staves.

That's how I think they are thinking anyways. I think they should combine both because of the work it takes and... I would like to see the design change <_<
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-01 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also possible Tsuneo that they aren't done with trials (ToM update is still under the "In Development" forum section). If they were to combine them, it wouldn't be until they are 100% done I would think.

I just don't see how they could continue with the trials though.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-01 15:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They should make a standard crafted Prism staff, and a magian option as well. *** *** over the people who put in the effort to make a full set of magian staves.