Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-09 04:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Dark Seal doesn't affect Impact. Can't use Relic +2 head either because you can't take the cloak off.

The problem with 99% of DD out there is they get told to eat Curry by Relic owners, especially lolOne-Handers.

Pizza will still be a larger accuracy increase than Diabolic Eye.

No. It's just like it was at 75.
1.) Cap accuracy and max haste that you can get in gear.
2.) Eat curry.

The problem with 99% of DD out there is that they're assuming they're at capped accuracy when they're not.

It's fun to parse fights and inform people how much they miss.
Warriors with like 65% acc on Ig-alima etc.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-03-09 08:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

when is this adjustment? and also.... does dark seal help impact dmg at all? If I ever get twilight cloak ill test it myself, but was just wondering....I figure maybee the -status on the spell will help with some vw, cause it can last up to 3min......
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-03-09 08:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Taint here. I find it laughable how many FFXI players believe their melee classes are capped on Accuracy in all situations, all the time, using the same gear set. That's just as laughable as the BLM's who claim "I never get resisted on nukes".

It's definitely easier nowadays to find more Accuracy sources than it was in 2007 ... but you're a fool if you think (especially on DRK!) that you're always capped on Accuracy.

Bottom line: this update to Diabolic Eye is a good thing; stop complaining.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-03-09 09:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It is not even about +ACC gears, it is the fact that non-relics are using calmacec pants and ace's leggings on T6.

I am excited about the gloves and got my +2 last week, but 20,000 exp in dynamis as drk will be a ***... Also don't have time to do that right now as I am in the middle of farming a Ragnarok :(
By Zeig 2012-03-09 09:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
It is not even about +ACC gears, it is the fact that non-relics are using calmacec pants and ace's leggings on T6.

I am excited about the gloves and got my +2 last week, but 20,000 exp in dynamis as drk will be a ***... Also don't have time to do that right now as I am in the middle of farming a Ragnarok :(
EXP rings (I used Emperor's) help alot in there.

I tried to solo DC mobs in Buburimu. Got 5k EXP before I got reckless and linked 3 mobs (RR was already consumed and I forgot to swap to Twilight set). I had close to an hour of Dynamis time remaining.

I went duo with a BLU the next day, and got over 10k EXP. We only did 2 rounds of DC mobs, the rest were all EP.

So, it can be done in 2 runs. 3 if you mess up (I was expecting something like 4 runs).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-03-09 11:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, I will do that once Rag is done... Probably sometime during April...
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-27 04:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Given how instead of the HP% reduction we got an increase in Acc (which shouldn't be that necessary) I am considering switching from the historical (at least for me) 5/5 Diabolic Eye and 5/5 Desperate Blows to 1/5 Dark Seal, 1/5 Diabolic Eye, 3/5 Muted Soul and 5/5 Desperate Blows, or even 1/5 DE, 4/5 MS, 5/5 DB.

I haven' tried Legion yet, but from what I read some NMs are annoyingly evasive. I believe that's the only case in which some extra acc would come in handy for DRKs.

Thoughts?
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-03-27 10:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Given how instead of the HP% reduction we got an increase in Acc (which shouldn't be that necessary) I am considering switching from the historical (at least for me) 5/5 Diabolic Eye and 5/5 Desperate Blows to 1/5 Dark Seal, 1/5 Diabolic Eye, 3/5 Muted Soul and 5/5 Desperate Blows, or even 1/5 DE, 4/5 MS, 5/5 DB. I haven' tried Legion yet, but from what I read some NMs are annoyingly evasive. I believe that's the only case in which some extra acc would come in handy for DRKs. Thoughts?

1/5 DS

4/5 DE (esp if you don't have a relic)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-27 11:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see Muted Soul being at all useful given how broken DD enmity generation is at this point + the general prevalence of AoEs. 5/5 DB 4/5 DE 1/5 DS seems like the way to go to me. In addition to the accuracy (which is likely relevant for a nonrelic DRK, whether for gear trades or an actual need for acc), merits extend DE duration with augmented AF2+2 gloves.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-27 11:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooh, there we go!

I had totally forgotten about the extra enhancement on AF2+2.
I realized MS wouldn't be too useful, but forgetting about the extra bonus from relic hands I figured some merits in it would've done "something" more (I don't see myself ever participating to an event where Acc matters as DRK anyways, hence the thought of switching merits now that the timer is at its minimum from start).

I'll go for 1/5 DS and 4/5 DE then, thanks Taint & Night.