2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Entropy
Entropy
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Thanzo187 2012-02-27 02:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I leveled dark knight and only have scythe skilled up. I have a wroth scythe from Ig-alima. My question is should I merit entropy whats it's damage like I can only find old post's with mediocre answer's some with no test's with gorgets. Maybe i'm looking at the wrong place or am I wasting my time with this WS and should just go Resolution? I dont plan to make a relic or such since its not exactly my main job mostly monk but I don't want to be a shitty drk decent would be nice.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-02-27 03:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

just go with Resolution

yes gorget and belt work in the same way as resolution

Basically

STR mod > INT Mod
5 hits > 4 hits.
with Souleater
5 hits >> 4 hits.

If ya want more details i can post but entropy falls pretty short of resolution.
[+]
By Thanzo187 2012-02-27 03:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Q_Q and here I thought scythes were cool and yeah sure do :O so how come I see relic Scythes drks spam Entropy on VW is it only good with relic?
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Server: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-02-27 03:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If your not gonna make a Relic or Empyrian just go with Resolution. Not having one of the 3 big scythes just makes it feel less worthwhile outside of twilight scythe situations. Entropy is a nice WS but imo not worth it w/o Apocalypse/Redemption/Liberator, cuz otherwise you'll prolly have a GS equiped and spamming Resolution. :)
By Thanzo187 2012-02-27 03:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah guess i'll just throw away wroth scythe and carry around a lv1 scythe for proc's seems dumb that we have to use GS over Scythe unless its emp relic or mythic
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-02-27 03:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic scythe has other advantages to make up for it.

Not to say using a scythe isn't bad i used to play with a 99oat Scythe and Entropy and it seemed very close to my 90 Cala seemed to give better results outside VW like in dyna and einherjar but never really looked into it enough to care.

Either way point i'm trying to make is while entorpy can be viable and deal decent dmg it's not gonna beat what you could do with Resolution barring you have a mythic, relic or emperyan scythe.

I do agree tho that the balance between GSD and SCY is dumb but i'd rather keep quite about incase they nerf resolution to make up for it :(
 Phoenix.Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-02-27 03:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much what Rezeak said. If you want the best nonRelic/Empyrian/Mythic weapon just do a OAT GS about the best option atm aswell as relatively easy to do. Can also do OAT Scythe but OAT GS will most likely win everytime on the parse cuz Resolution is just a beast.
By Thanzo187 2012-02-27 03:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah funny thing is the only reason I level DRK was to use Scythes then this happens lol oh well back to GS and spamming Iga-lima it's like the devs were like i'm tired of scythe lets make them use GS
 Phoenix.Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-02-27 03:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, its the curse of a job with 2 main weapons. But for me personally I did DRK years ago for Great Sword useage.
[+]
By Thanzo187 2012-02-27 03:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I did it for Scythe lol oh well GS it is then guess I should build a TP Bonus GS
 Phoenix.Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-02-27 03:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I remember reading if you dont mind buying mirrors/sand, the math ppl have already shown that the 99 OAT GS should be better than a 90 Caladbolg. So its def. the best option to work towards if you're willing.
By Thanzo187 2012-02-27 03:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

OAT? occ attk twice? and lol wouldn't have to buy them I've done VW like every day wasted stones and its all I get Sand and mirrors I've only gotten like 1 peice of good gear from VW genesha mask for my monk
 Phoenix.Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-02-27 03:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the Occ. Atks Twice. Can rather easily 6-hit it and provides a nice amount of DoT and doesn't fall too far behind on the Resolution DMG only like ~200ish.
By Thanzo187 2012-02-27 03:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks for the info bro
 Phoenix.Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-02-27 03:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime, prolly only beat Taint and Returner to it due to time of day. :)
[+]
By Thanzo187 2012-02-27 04:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Word
By Thanzo187 2012-02-27 04:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

well man cya around heading to bed
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 06:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »
just go with Resolution

yes gorget and belt work in the same way as resolution

Sorry, how did no one pick this up?

No, gorget and belt do not work the same for entropy as for resolution - resolution has it's fTP applied on all hits, entropy does not, making gorget/belt a fairly lack-luster combination.

On a practical note, entropy is far from as bad as people are claiming. Wroth scythe is good, granted not as good as the relic/mythic but situationally rivals/beats emp.

Resolution wins for sheer damage on anything you can't autocap fSTR on - and even then it usually wins due to an extra hit and easier to gear. Entropy is useful for utility, for solo and such, but can also pull nice numbers, if less than reso.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-27 06:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wut? ftp does'nt carry over on Entropy? I thought it did on all of these new weaponskills with less than 1 ftp?
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 06:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Wut? ftp does'nt carry over on Entropy? I thought it did on all of these new weaponskills with less than 1 ftp?

Only applies to resolution, last stand, ruinator, requiescat and blade: shun that testing shows atm I believe. Stand being a 2~2.25 fTP applied on both hits also.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-27 06:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, well that kinda sucks.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 07:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For entropy its actually a saving grace, even gorget and belt wouldn't bring subsequent hits to over 1.0 when spamming @100 tp. Aint large sure, but any saver is a saver.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-27 07:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the last bit of info known was that entropy worked best with els belt/gorget because Ftp carried over.... where is the data that says otherwise D:
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 07:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's resolution, which in all fairness has had most of the focus.

Entropy has simply not been found to have a carried over fTP, hence its not listed on wiki/bg/studio gob, whereas reso/ruin/requies are.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-27 07:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seiri said: »

For entropy its actually a saving grace, even gorget and belt wouldn't bring subsequent hits to over 1.0 when spamming @100 tp. Aint large sure, but any saver is a saver.

Well, it's good, but yeah, idk what I were thinking lol, just the "shock" I guess :p
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-27 07:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www32.atwiki.jp/studiogobli/pages/115.html

Entropy has 全段倍率有効 listed for one of its properties which translates to "Ratio Magnification Effective for All Stages." In English we say that the fTP carries over to subsequent hits of the WS.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-27 07:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

Entropy has 全段倍率有効 listed for one of its properties which translates to "Ratio Magnification Effective for All Stages." In English we say that the fTP carries over to subsequent hits of the WS.

o.o I'm happy again.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-27 07:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The other WS for which this is listed are Requiescat, Resolution, Ruinator, Stardiver, Blade: Shun, Realmrazer.

Curiously, Exenterator and Upheaval did not make it into the fTP transfer party, despite being 1.0 fTP like Ruinator/Requiescat.

I'm guessing it's because they don't have downsides, whereas I'm thinking Ruinator probably has an ACC penalty at 100% and Requiescat has that attack penalty.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 07:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, ok I stand fully corrected, my kanji is certainly far from perfect. Thanks.

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

o.o I'm happy again.

This makes entropy weaker, you do realise?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 07:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanzo187 said: »
Q_Q and here I thought scythes were cool and yeah sure do :O so how come I see relic Scythes drks spam Entropy on VW is it only good with relic?

What?

I wouldn't expect a apocalypse owner to swap over to a great sword unless the damage was vastly different. I'm guessing that they were spamming entropy over cata for the tp return? I could be wrong but I thought that with the damage bonus to relic ws on the higher level relics, cata blew out entropy.

Siren.Seiri said: »
On a practical note, entropy is far from as bad as people are claiming. Wroth scythe is good, granted not as good as the relic/mythic but situationally rivals/beats emp. Resolution wins for sheer damage on anything you can't autocap fSTR on - and even then it usually wins due to an extra hit and easier to gear. Entropy is useful for utility, for solo and such, but can also pull nice numbers, if less than reso.

While I'm not sure I agree with you on the rest of your statements in this thread, I am behind you 100% on this one. I use my crappy 85 redemption (to cap scythe which i've been lazy about :3) and pull decent numbers. When I use Wroth, it is in no-way "far behind" resolution. Couple that with the fact that you can make hit builds 1-2 swings faster with scythe over GS (depending on the sword) and it's nowhere near the difference others are making it out to be.

I wish I had finished 90 redemption before deciding to do apocalypse. I would love to clone myself and see how I would do in calad/redemption fight with my JA timing and gearing.

tl;dr: The "gap" isn't what people make it out to be. Keep a scythe and a GS on you and merit both. It's a marginal difference, not "should I level war or rdm as my main melee dd?".
First Page 2 3 4 5 6