Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Gearing NIN with BRD mule
Gearing NIN with BRD mule
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-20 19:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we assuming a Daurdabla here and just not mentioning the third song? This double minuet thing is uh... yeah. No. Not unless there's a Marcato'd Victory March going unmentioned here, and even then it's a "maybe".
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-20 19:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure Night.

Not out of reach to get a 3rd song, the 4th song is going to take a while. And does G.horn still have a place? or waste of time for a mule?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-20 19:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Sure Night.

Not out of reach to get a 3rd song, the 4th song is going to take a while. And does G.horn still have a place? or waste of time for a mule?
I was responding to Kelyn, if you want to bring Daurdabla into this then I can work something up but I don't think it really changes builds so much as allows additional buffs (generally Minuet or Scherzo) at full potency with no sacrifices (remember that you can sing the third song in normal instrument once it's up). Ghorn is still good, but it's not a gamebreaker. Doubly so if it'll mostly be used for buffing a NIN since you're already able to cap delay reduction so easily, and iirc it doesn't even hit songs+4 til 99 (meaning Arch DL).

I'm considering one of each for my mule, but that's an entirely different story since Ghorn + Daurdabla supports BLU quite nicely.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-20 19:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In my mind the ideal setup would be a set that can be used in almost any situation. Using the 3rd/4th songs, sub job, and food as a way to change my stat variables based on the mob.

Ideally capped haste and delay using the smallest amount of dual wield gear as possible, because it drives me nuts constantly landing on 99% TP.

Next priority would be maximizing the amount of hits per delay cycle.

And if I am only a fraction of a percent short of the delay cap I am fine with that rather that my TP per hit is rounding better and I hit many many times each round lol.

edit: for 3rd and 4th song if I am understanding you correctly I could use the harp to get 4 songs up and then use horn to keep them up?

I grabbed both from the test server and tried them out a little, but didn't really get how it works, I am a BRD newb after all.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-20 19:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
edit: for 3rd and 4th song if I am understanding you correctly I could use the harp to get 4 songs up and then use horn to keep them up?
That's correct. As long as you don't let any songs drop you only need to sing with harp once.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-02-20 19:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You have that 99 body already? wows
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-20 19:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take Theorycrafting for 500, Alex.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-20 19:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-02-20 19:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I base my DoT on GM armor
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-20 21:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the deal with Marcato? Is it possible to get away with just one march with it? How long does a song with Marcato applied last?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-20 21:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have Haste Samba, you'd still need 10 DW in gear with just one March. And it lasts the same as a normal song.

Without Marcato, assuming 2x March, you still need 4 DW in gear.
 Ragnarok.Xaniko
Server: Ragnarok
user: xaniko
By Ragnarok.Xaniko 2012-02-21 10:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait what? With marcato double march and haste you don't need any DW gear? So I can tp in iga ningi +2 or toci's/ocelomeh+1 ?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-21 13:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think so, but not sure if having to use 2 marches is considered a waste of a Marcato?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-21 17:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Marcato march + NQ march puts you over haste cap, but you'll be slightly (1% with a +3 instrument and AF3+2 hands, another 3% less for each song+1 you lack from there) below magic haste cap with two NQ marches if you don't have a 99 Ghorn for march+5 (including hands). 99 Ghorn can cap without Marcato, but comes up about 5.5% short with Marcato'd Victory March and Minuet V. For NIN that may not be a problem if you gear around it (TP swaps in DW slots aren't all that great really), but in a full party you'd still want to use double marches. Even if it's just you, spending Marcato on Min V is also an option if you're not capping attack.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-21 19:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically I need to get my hands on a +3 instrument for marches, and AF3+2 hands asap? And even then I will be 1% shy of delay cap?

What is a good +3 march instrument? Which is better for march string or horn?

And I am assuming we are talking about 26% in gear haste as a given?

I suppose leaving only suppanomimi in will get that last 1% covered?

edit: I am also assuming still need haste spell also? or just double marches with marcato, +3 instrument, and AF3+2 hands?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-03-12 13:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a 0:48 recast in migawari is very fun!
 Leviathan.Inem
user: Inem
By Leviathan.Inem 2012-03-12 13:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For march+3 instruments I'm pretty sure it's langeleik (off celaeno) and gjallarhorn 90 basically. I'd just use whatever is easier to get for you. :3
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-03-12 14:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks!