Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-02-16 04:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ivebian said: »
Asura.Malekith said: »
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Figure I'd mention Centaurus earring and Metallon mantle for a total of 20 more -evasion. Aggressor could be useful too.
Nice suggestions there! Aggressor would only help if you were doing this on WAR though and if you were skilling parry on war... then you sir are hardcore!

Aggressor is Lv 45
Yeah I thought so :/ just didn't know if it interfered with Innin or something by what he said. 50 NIN R.I.P
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2012-02-16 04:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my mandies are leveled up.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-02-16 04:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well and good, but you're on Bismarck ; ;

If the mobs are behaving normally, great! If all it took was one-by-one killing great! Sadly it's too late to help me, but hopefully others can benefit!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-16 04:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Killing with retaliation or counter also levels them down. But yeah, the point was that you can level the mandies up. Using the highest level mandies gives them the highest accuracy (and you the lowest evasion).

Aggressor, Zeil Charm, whatever other -Evasion gear you can toss on helps, but just using the highest mandies is going to give you the best skillup rate per parry and the fewest evades.

As a side-note, if you want to screw cleavers over one of the best ways to do it is to single-target kill a bunch of their monsters. The next pull they do will hit a lot harder than they are expecting.
By dedrummer000 2012-02-16 05:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

random thought about cappin parry, look at cor to use, u can use a regen roll, throw on a couple well aug dark rings, and your evasion is *** (only time in the game its nice) you have the highest chance of procing a parry if you get smashed up all the time. id say, use 3 regen atmas, dancers roll, a couple of pdt- dark rings, and pray for the best.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-02-16 13:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN. is still best to use to force skill parry because of the Issikegan JA. Whenever I was able to use it, I knew for that minute it was up I'd get several .1 to .3 gains.

Using -EVA whether from gear or JA's helps, but it's all part of a comprehensive approach that takes into account the mob being fought and wearing skill+/parry+/skill gain/regen/pdt gear.

Since the idea is to pull several mobs, and you really don't need every mob in zone I only ever pulled between 6-10 mobs, you want to make sure you survive and maximize your gains.

Last thought saltena to 200, elshenna to 300, montagna to cap.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [148 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Lyrminas
Server: Phoenix
user: lyrminas
By Phoenix.Lyrminas 2012-07-13 13:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I know this is a necrobump but had to reply with my results after using the methods explained in this thread.

I was reading this thread thinking leveling parry might take a while... So i went out there with a terra staff, some montagnas and a prousse ring with 50% pdt as NIN/dnc, 'borrowed' some mandies about 15 of them EP off into a secluded corner where people usually don't traverse and after 5 hours I went from 270 skill to 401, I was shocked I procrastinated this long to lvl it ( Even with the update coming to make it easier to skill it up, it didn't take long to get to a respectable parry level ). It slowed down after 400 so I killed some mandies until they went DC, pulled 15 of those and currently at 412 after 45 minutes.

I don't think there is any reason not to do this if you're a career nin now o.o, kudos to those who contributed to the thread, it really works well!

Edit: Just capped at 417 base within the hour O.O woooooooo
[+]