Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Procing & Nin
Procing & Nin
By Evangelist 2012-02-10 14:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So i'm in the process of skilling up my red procs on nin, my question is, while it is ideal to have the combat skills capped for each weapon, is it necessary to cap them considering you can offhand a katana and still gain tp(+Regain from atmas if any) or is it considered acceptable to gain the combat level required for full procs and move on? Obviously certain skills such as H2H or Staff where u will not be able to offhand a katana you will need to get up to higher levels. I am refering to Procing in abyssea.
 Bismarck.Markas
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-10 14:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

h2h has no red procs and its always good to cap skills where possible. just because you can offhand a katana doesnt mean you need to miss out on the tp from missed swings on your main hand. thats just my 2 cents.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-02-10 14:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Strictly yes you're right you only need to be able to use the WS since you'll generate TP with your katana but higher skill level will mean it's not a case of miss-hit, miss-hit but you always hit therefore quicker TP gain so you're procing quicker.
[+]
 Bismarck.Disguise
user: xKrafty
By Bismarck.Disguise 2012-02-10 14:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll still need your combat skills high enough to even hit the mob, you can't just still up to 175 for example, then leave it.

I'd suggest at least skilling up your combat skills to roughly 250+, that should do you wonders.

Weapons you'll need for red procs:
- Sword
- Katana
- Great Katana
- Dagger
- Polearm (Only if you have the Halloween polearm)
- Staff (One merit into staff and the staff skill +5 head piece will give access to sunburst)
- Club
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-10 14:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

that and /war you will need merits or temperance torque for all of staff red procs. since /war gives 144 skill and 150 is needed for sunburst.

also note that you will need to only all job polearm for nin to proc raiden thrust. pitchfork is the polearm.

there is no all job GS or scythe so nin is SoL on those two. which for some reason happens to me a bit,

war with the right merits and equipment can have every single red proc.
just something to note
By Evangelist 2012-02-10 15:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect. thanks everyone. 250+ sounds good. GK and Polearm both capped from Sam so no problems there. Staff looks to be the real problem >.<

I was thinking H2H for helping friends obtain items that are soloable I would still have a decent amount of blue procs during blunt if i did H2H. Not like monk or anything but better than nothing.
By krish 2012-02-10 15:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
there is no all job GS or scythe so nin is SoL on those two. which for some reason happens to me a bit,

Just need to get yourself one of these bad boys:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/16622/judges-sword
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-10 15:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

krish said: »
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

Just need to get yourself one of these bad boys:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/16622/judges-sword

lol ya. and then all i need is scythe. which idk why but happens to be the damn red proc so often... i get the hint its dark after i use blade: Ei or w/e.. die a little inside as a switch to dagger because i know its not energy drain... and sure enough that doesnt proc. and its scythe.

also idk y but lately it sometimes take up to 5-7 ws to even give me the hint. sometimes i get the proc on the 5th or so try before i get a hint xD never happened before

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [143 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Abrahamo
user: avila25
By Bismarck.Abrahamo 2012-07-02 21:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone provide a script for all ws procs for ninja please, i got gkt set but trying to set for other weapons as well thanks in advance