First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-01-24 13:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
what is this I keep hearing? are ppl really need to be so much in denial to admit there is a significantly large damage difference between war and drk?. really? I love some of that stuff you all been smoking, the only thing I'm missing for my drk is a Ragnarok or Apoc but point is purely focus on Resolution. Even with good gears and high great sword skill, I still don't have the balls to go out and saying I can out damage most uko and vs player and pulling in within 2k damage from good uko wars?. Jesus christ do you guys even put your logic inside that empty brain? You realize most of the time in VW those war need to do trigger with other weapons and it'll skew that data more favoring a drk who is 100% full time that great sword. or they the one keeping hate while you can full time that hasso and whatever buff you put on.

Bet ya my sch can out DD your war any day anytime ;)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-24 13:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped paying attention at Asura.
 Phoenix.Darriken
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darriken 2012-01-24 13:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
It clearly says "I enjoy WAR much more" nowhere did I say it was better that's why I'm playing this job. I would make a weapon for DRK if something made it a funner job to play than WAR. Nowhere once did I say I'm quitting WAR after the Ukko's nerf so I can play DRK. Bandwagon players don't have optimal set's with close to best gear like I play my so called bandwagon WAR. so again please, know me before talking some ***.

I never once called you a bad player. And bandwagon players can be good at this game. Putting words into my mouth ftw.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 14:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I did as well, I been waiting for a reply from king jive turkey himself.

Also, when I said "zerg" Qilin, meaning we had a zerg setup and we just spammed WS. We had the mages cover the procs and a NQ group of DD for ws triggers. The said DRK was in a party of 2xWAR 2xDRK 1xMNK and 1xCOR. I know VW can be hard to parse accurately due to staggers. But in this instance we never stopped for staggers or swapped weapons. Just full out zerg.

Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »
Bet ya my sch can out DD your war any day anytime ;)

I can attest to this. We just parsed bunnies in E.ron.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 14:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darriken said: »
It clearly says "I enjoy WAR much more" nowhere did I say it was better that's why I'm playing this job. I would make a weapon for DRK if something made it a funner job to play than WAR. Nowhere once did I say I'm quitting WAR after the Ukko's nerf so I can play DRK. Bandwagon players don't have optimal set's with close to best gear like I play my so called bandwagon WAR. so again please, know me before talking some ***.

I never once called you a bad player. And bandwagon players can be good at this game. Putting words into my mouth ftw.

Nor did I say you called me a bad player...Putting words into my mouth ftw~
 Phoenix.Darriken
By Phoenix.Darriken 2012-01-24 14:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »
Crunkie don't worry bout him, he is just jive turkeying it lol I love my scholar does that mean I am a bandwagon drk.

This has no relevance to what I was saying. Try again.
 Phoenix.Darriken
By Phoenix.Darriken 2012-01-24 14:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nor did I say you called me a bad player...Putting words into my mouth ftw~

You are clearly idiotic. You are saying that you are not a bandwagon player because you have optimal sets. So by me calling you bandwagon, you are then thinking I'm saying you don't have optimal sets: meaning you aren't very good. Which I'm not doing.
C'mon man, keep up.

ftw
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-24 14:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this bickering about, does it really need to be in this topic?

Take it to PM's if it must continue, but atm it's stupid and derailing the topic.
[+]
 Asura.Revelation
Server: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2012-01-24 14:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

weapon bash is a +. However I'm not sure why it doesn't do regular hit damage and can be ODD proc'd etc and maybe give TP. It's not like you aren't swinging the same weapon at the mob...

^This

I've always hoped they would make Weapon Bash similar to Jump.

In addition to stun,

- Damage output is slightly higher than a regular attack, and can be modified with equipment.

- Damage is calculated using the formula: floor((Base Damage)*(STR/256+1)). Maybe?

- A successfully landed Weapon Bash causes user to gain as much TP as a regular attack however it may be modified with equipment.

- Damage modifiers and additional effects(Double Attack, Triple Attack, Enblizzard , etc.) are included into damage calculation.

- Weapon effect Occasionally Attacks X Times will also apply to Weapon Bash.

Yeah... That would be great.
 Phoenix.Darriken
By Phoenix.Darriken 2012-01-24 14:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Revelation said: »
weapon bash is a +. However I'm not sure why it doesn't do regular hit damage and can be ODD proc'd etc and maybe give TP. It's not like you aren't swinging the same weapon at the mob...
^This I've always hoped they would make Weapon Bash similar to Jump. In addition to stun, - Damage output is slightly higher than a regular attack, and can be modified with equipment. - Damage is calculated using the formula: floor((Base Damage)*(STR/256+1)). Maybe? - A successfully landed Weapon Bash causes user to gain as much TP as a regular attack however it may be modified with equipment. - Damage modifiers and additional effects(Double Attack, Triple Attack, Enblizzard , etc.) are included into damage calculation. - Weapon effect Occasionally Attacks X Times will also apply to Weapon Bash. Yeah... That would be great.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. I think of violent flourish basically. Can ODD proc on flourish though? not sure
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-24 14:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree.. I put forward some ideas for what a DRK could get in updates in the future.. and not one person gave any kind of feedback or attempted to put forward ideas of their own.

All I saw was.. you bandwagoned this, you bandwagoned that..... and then I got very bored with this thread.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
Server: Bahamut
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2012-01-24 15:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

what is this I keep hearing? are ppl really need to be so much in denial to admit there is a significantly large damage difference between war and drk?. really? I love some of that stuff you all been smoking, the only thing I'm missing for my drk is a Ragnarok or Apoc but point is purely focus on Resolution. Even with good gears and high great sword skill, I still don't have the balls to go out and saying I can out damage most uko and vs player and pulling in within 2k damage from good uko wars?. Jesus christ do you guys even put your logic inside that empty brain? You realize most of the time in VW those war need to do trigger with other weapons and it'll skew that data more favoring a drk who is 100% full time that great sword. or they the one keeping hate while you can full time that hasso and whatever buff you put on.
Because Dark Knights can't change weapons and proc too.

GENIOUS
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-24 15:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yukisoba said: »
Because Dark Knights can't change weapons and proc too. GENIOUS

I was going to point out that normally I'm asked to help proc BLM tier 2-3 and absorbs/drains/poisons whereas war can't even cast..... but Kalilla asked us to play nice. :x
[+]
 Odin.Exeter
Server: Odin
user: Exeter
By Odin.Exeter 2012-01-24 16:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
I don't know why DRK would get nerfed. It's not exactly dominating every job.
waaaaaaaat? Apoc/Redemption DRKs with Entropy do massive dmg, but then again it really depends on the caliber of the DRK thats playing. I've parsed against Apoc DRKs as SAM and blew them out of the water which is pretty bad, and thats w/o Masamune, I was using Lv99 OAT GK.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-24 16:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Exeter said: »
waaaaaaaat? Apoc/Redemption DRKs with Entropy do massive dmg, but then again it really depends on the caliber of the DRK thats playing. I've parsed against Apoc DRKs as SAM and blew them out of the water which is pretty bad, and thats w/o Masamune, I was using Lv99 OAT GK.

what.

Redemption with Entropy is nothing special, nor is Apocalypse with Entropy.

Borealis, Ragnarok, or OA2 Great Swords in conjunction with Resolution would be the closest thing to whatever you're trying to say with this post.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-01-24 16:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand your point at all. Are you...disagreeing with drk not dominating every job...? (its not btw)
 Phoenix.Darriken
By Phoenix.Darriken 2012-01-24 16:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I dont understand your point at all. Are you...disagreeing with drk not dominating every job...? (its not btw)

What do you mean by dominating? And I'm assuming you mean every job meaning every DD job? And it pretty much is all around the best DD.

"OMG WAR UKON CRIT UKKOS KJANEKJNV SUCH HIGH WS #'s OMGAWD"

Either way, a good player will always come out on top of a parse, no matter what the job.
By volkom 2012-01-24 16:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

What do you mean by dominating? And I'm assuming you mean every job meaning every DD job? And it pretty much is all around the best DD.

"OMG WAR UKON CRIT UKKOS KJANEKJNV SUCH HIGH WS #'s OMGAWD"

Either way, a good player will always come out on top of a parse, no matter what the job.
or the first person to start their weaponskill frenzy
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-24 19:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This parse comparison of who does more damage the fastest is so boring. Why not just play on the job you like for what it is and not what it is capable of doing?
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-24 19:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This comparison of who likes the particular JA, WS, and armor of any given job is so boring. Why not just play on the job that does the most damage and not its individual nuances?

What's fun for you isn't necessarily fun for everyone, and there's nothing less legitimate about enjoying outperforming everyone else.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-24 20:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, but what might be the best today might not be the best tomorrow.

Just seems like a huge waste if you get into a job and gear it completely just to jump to the next because its over powered the next day.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-24 20:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a history of relatively long term consistency in the job hierarchy, and even if there weren't, you're once again pigeonholing fun for everyone. If performing at your maximum against others isn't your cup of tea, that's perfectly fine, but "I like this job because it 's more sparkly than that job" is no more legitimate than any other reason.
By vengeances 2012-01-24 20:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lol its you tards that keep going "perform at your maximum " that ruin the damn game for everybody. Little do you realize we level and play jobs (even when we simply like the shineys, armors, etc of another job) because you wont accept any other job formation for events. As a result, this becomes stupid. Why should i bother sticking through an event, that is boring...with a job...that i dont even like. You take content and literally make it boreing. No wonder when linkshells go to do certain events such as dynamis back in the day you had more than half the linkshell afk...why? because your about to force them to play a "performing job" for hours...through an event that they most likely dont even like going to...

lol forgive my type o. not used to this damn iphone yet
 Caitsith.Eriina
Server: Caitsith
user: Eriina
By Caitsith.Eriina 2012-01-24 20:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are constantly doing large group events where you do little other than smash out damage it makes sense to choose the job you play based on damage output alone (if that's what you enjoy). If you are doing anything else at all (basically anything besides VW) the amount of damage you can do matters a lot less and the amount of utility you can provide matters a lot more.

That's why this conversation isn't going anywhere.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-24 21:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Eriina said: »
If you are constantly doing large group events where you do little other than smash out damage it makes sense to choose the job you play based on damage output alone (if that's what you enjoy). If you are doing anything else at all (basically anything besides VW) the amount of damage you can do matters a lot less and the amount of utility you can provide matters a lot more.

That's why this conversation isn't going anywhere.

Define utility. As far as most of the content in this game is concerned, being the person who can smash something the fastest is about as good as utility gets. Outside of proc systems, hybrid jobs don't excel at much of anything.

And if the person above you thinks he's getting a response to that pile of crap, he's got another thing coming.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-24 21:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Most hybrid jobs*
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-24 21:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I genuinely thought I typed "most" >.>;

My BLU is almost usable now.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-01-24 21:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
What is this bickering about, does it really need to be in this topic?

Take it to PM's if it must continue, but atm it's stupid and derailing the topic.

Back seat modding!
 Phoenix.Bomber
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-01-24 21:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm what happened to the DRK Entropy thread ...Can anyone tell the optimal gear set for Entropy WS? and in aby which atmas would be the best i dont get it how ppl scoring 5k+ Entropys do i have to be an Elvaan w/ full merited STR for that?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-24 21:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Back seat modding!
It was a request to stop the pointless bickering, I wasn't moderating anything.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7