[dev1072] Job Adjustments: Dark Knight
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 11:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK is doing magnificent recently. I actually had a DRK keep up with me and only fall behind my Ukon WAR by 2k dmg in Qilin zergs. That's pretty good to me. All he did was spam Resolution. And honestly his WS average was higher than mine where I only pulled ahead in melee DPS.

Obviously all the QQ DRKs be doing it wrong.
 Phoenix.Darriken
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darriken 2012-01-24 12:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
DRK is doing magnificent recently. I actually had a DRK keep up with me and only fall behind my Ukon WAR by 2k dmg in Qilin zergs. That's pretty good to me. All he did was spam Resolution. And honestly his WS average was higher than mine where I only pulled ahead in melee DPS. Obviously all the QQ DRKs be doing it wrong.

If he was good, he would have beaten you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 12:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've yet to see another job beat me in a parse on any content, (Besides another WAR) especially a DRK come that close. Guess I don't have the luxury of these "good" DRKs you talk about. I've never played my WAR against Ashman's DRK, but I see him put up good numbers. Only DRK that plays it hardcore that I know in my circle.
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-01-24 12:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Crunkie I am in Ashmans circle does that mean we are in a distant circle?
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 12:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »
Crunkie I am in Ashmans circle does that mean we are in a distant circle?

Yes! And we must parse all the things!
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-01-24 12:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am game
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-01-24 12:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We should bring Ashman and make him place third ;)
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 12:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to OP, I really do enjoy DRK as a job. I just enjoy WAR much more. If SE did something more game breaking for the job I would definitely push more towards making a better weapon for my DRK, especially with the Ukko's/Smite nerf incoming.

Bash recasts for DRK/PLD were needed. But SE really needs to focus on the bigger picutre for said jobs, not strengthening circle effects and bash timers.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 12:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol third =X
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-24 12:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have thought about DRK adjustments for a while, and this is what I think we should get.

A defense down ability - WAR has Tomahawk, DRG has Angon, THF has Feint for Evasion Down, so why can't DRKs have an ability like that? Also they could make it so Angon/Tomahawk won't overwrite it. Imagine if you was fighting a high defense mob and you could do the ability at the start of a fight?

Buffs to your party - So we have absorb spells, but how often you do you use them? It seems pretty rare for players to use them nowadays, maybe we could get a whole new range of Absorb spells, and once you absorb the specific stat(s) out of the mob, the rest of your party will get that stat too.

Examples:
Absorb Regain - For those monsters that accumulate TP on their own, why not allow a DRK to absorb some of that and give it to the party?
Absorb Defense - A stronger version of Absorb VIT, which could be absorbed into the party, potentially buffing a Paladin tank.and lowering the monsters defense.
Absorb Attack - A stronger version of Absorb STR which can be given to other DDs in your party.

And after reading about DRK magic spells in the other thread, I do agree that DRK should get a decent Dark Magic based Nuke spell, one that will give us a substantial amount of TP so it don't hurt our DPS.

Also what about some form of enfeebling spell? It would be great if a DRK could Blind, Paralyse or even put Terror on a mob.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-24 12:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol third =X

Phoenix.Darriken
By Phoenix.Darriken 2012-01-24 12:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to OP, I really do enjoy DRK as a job. I just enjoy WAR much more. If SE did something more game breaking for the job I would definitely push more towards making a better weapon for my DRK, especially with the Ukko's/Smite nerf incoming. Bash recasts for DRK/PLD were needed. But SE really needs to focus on the bigger picutre for said jobs, not strengthening circle effects and bash timers.

Hey, bandwagon player, If you wanna jump on it early, the DRK bandwagon started when the merit WS came out. People are only slowly realizing how strong DRK is. Why? Maybe because of ignorance, they are blind, I'm not sure. If you are waiting for the general community to think DRK is good to play it, please don't play that job, even though you probably will.

Anyways.. I guess the weapon bash is a +. However I'm not sure why it doesn't do regular hit damage and can be ODD proc'd etc and maybe give TP. It's not like you aren't swinging the same weapon at the mob...
[+]
By volkom 2012-01-24 13:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

should find that weapon bash ring again
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
Server: Bismarck
user: Darkfire
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2012-01-24 13:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I haven't been too excited about anything Drk gets for awhile. I'm impressed it's something useful, even if it's by a small margin.

As far as what Drk needs to be good? Casting while swinging is an issue, but realistically only change I see possible is JA that drastically shortens Dark magic casting time for x amount of seconds, while also giving a detrimental effect like... Oh Idk, maybe a -HP/tick poison or something.

The tp gain while casting needs to be better, I'm not saying it should be the equivalent tp that you'd have had you only been swinging, but somewhere in between.

Other than that I'm reasonably happy with it right now, but to be fair after the years of update-abuse, my expectations are quite low
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-01-24 13:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Darriken I actually have been called a Bandwagon drk before (not just cause u called crunkie one) and yet they failed to realize that I have had my relic longer then most here in ffxi (except for Taint). We need something that just makes us insane all the time. I need my death count to go sky high again.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 13:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darriken said: »
Back to OP, I really do enjoy DRK as a job. I just enjoy WAR much more. If SE did something more game breaking for the job I would definitely push more towards making a better weapon for my DRK, especially with the Ukko's/Smite nerf incoming. Bash recasts for DRK/PLD were needed. But SE really needs to focus on the bigger picutre for said jobs, not strengthening circle effects and bash timers.

Hey, bandwagon player, If you wanna jump on it early, the DRK bandwagon started when the merit WS came out. People are only slowly realizing how strong DRK is. Why? Maybe because of ignorance, they are blind, I'm not sure. If you are waiting for the general community to think DRK is good to play it, please don't play that job, even though you probably will.

Anyways.. I guess the weapon bash is a +. However I'm not sure why it doesn't do regular hit damage and can be ODD proc'd etc and maybe give TP. It's not like you aren't swinging the same weapon at the mob...

If you are calling me a bandwagon player you are talking to the wrong person. Seriously you don't know me and your assumptions are making you look like an ***. I know DRK is a strong job that's why I have it leveld and properly geared besides a weapon like I mentioned. I only said I would push more towards the job than my WAR (which I enjoy very much) if they did something more to the job. So next time you quote me and talk about bandwagons maybe you should know who you are talking to instead of being a jive turkey.
[+]
By volkom 2012-01-24 13:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

bandwagon war
 Phoenix.Darriken
By Phoenix.Darriken 2012-01-24 13:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to OP, I really do enjoy DRK as a job. I just enjoy WAR much more. If SE did something more game breaking for the job I would definitely push more towards making a better weapon for my DRK, especially with the Ukko's/Smite nerf incoming. Bash recasts for DRK/PLD were needed.

This clearly states you playing Warrior only because you think it's better, and that you would make a relic/whatever for DRK if it became better. Also stating that the Ukko's nerf will maybe make you play DRK instead. What is bandwagoning if this isn't?

Edit: And yea something f'd up with my first quote <_<
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-24 13:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

***just got real, muthafuka!
[+]
 Fenrir.Kelyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-01-24 13:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 for saying Jive Turkey!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 13:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It clearly says "I enjoy WAR much more" nowhere did I say it was better that's why I'm playing this job. I would make a weapon for DRK if something made it a funner job to play than WAR. Nowhere once did I say I'm quitting WAR after the Ukko's nerf so I can play DRK.

Bandwagon players don't have optimal set's with close to best gear like I play my so called bandwagon WAR. so again please, know me before talking some ***.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-01-24 13:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK needs Warp. I'd be happy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-01-24 13:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Crunkie don't worry bout him, he is just jive turkeying it lol

I love my scholar does that mean I am a bandwagon drk.
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
user: Darkfire
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2012-01-24 13:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
DRK needs Warp. I'd be happy.

Right?! I'm amazed Drk made it all the way to 99 without this as it is...
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-24 13:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Crunkie don't worry bout him, he is just jive turkeying it lol I love my scholar does that mean I am a bandwagon drk.

You are the furthest from bandwagon anything I know. I think you were drk only til WOTG XD.

On track: I value weaponbash for the occaisional stun. Granted I end up never using it because I'm saving it for "that time stun is down" but maybe that'll change now.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-01-24 13:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unct was the original bandwagon Drk.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-24 13:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, It just aggrivates me when I was also agreeing that the job needs more than just circle effect enhancements and bash recasts, I get called something that I am not. I enjoy all the jobs in FFXI that's why I have 18/20 of them leveled. Maybe I should jump to the SAM forums and become a bandwagon SAM too.

Edit: Damn jive turkeys.
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-01-24 13:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I opened drk because Brady GameGuide said it was a powerful job lol, and it was the only one that I thought I could solo to open it. :)
[+]
By Chyula 2012-01-24 13:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

what is this I keep hearing? are ppl really need to be so much in denial to admit there is a significantly large damage difference between war and drk?. really? I love some of that stuff you all been smoking, the only thing I'm missing for my drk is a Ragnarok or Apoc but point is purely focus on Resolution. Even with good gears and high great sword skill, I still don't have the balls to go out and saying I can out damage most uko and vs player and pulling in within 2k damage from good uko wars?. Jesus christ do you guys even put your logic inside that empty brain? You realize most of the time in VW those war need to do trigger with other weapons and it'll skew that data more favoring a drk who is 100% full time that great sword. or they the one keeping hate while you can full time that hasso and whatever buff you put on.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7