Cure Potency (Quick Question)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Cure Potency (Quick Question)
Cure Potency (Quick Question)
 Sylph.Elgorian
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2012-01-13 09:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the cure potency need to be on when the spell starts or just when it goes off? Trying to optimize my macros wanna make sure I have it on at the right times.

Thanks
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-01-13 09:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When the spell finishes, fast cast and cure casting time need to be on before the spell starts.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-13 09:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Goes off. You can fast cast / pre cast / cure clog it to death as long as the potency is on at finish.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-13 09:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As an afterthought: quick cast will f your world up once in awhile as fast as the multi-set cure goes. Just an fyi.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-01-13 09:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, in case you were un aware:

Potency caps at +50%
Casting delay caps at ~+80%
and
Recast delay also now caps at ~+80%

My Cure set btw:
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2012-01-13 09:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

kk thanks ^^, and didn't know the about delay caps.

edit: no spellcast but use windower scripts for gear sets.

Would somethig like this work:

/precast gear
/ma "Cure #" <stal> <wait 1>
/curepot gear
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-01-13 09:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It would, however a MAJOR benefit to spellcast is that, in your current setup you'd have to delay that cast by a minimum of 1 second using script macros. Spellcast can cut that down to .2 seconds, which I think is the lowest it can be and still be effective.

Can anyone else verify that?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-01-13 10:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
It would, however a MAJOR benefit to spellcast is that, in your current setup you'd have to delay that cast by a minimum of 1 second using script macros. Spellcast can cut that down to .2 seconds, which I think is the lowest it can be and still be effective.

Can anyone else verify that?
Windower script macros allow for decimal wait times.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-13 10:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have -82% cure casting time on my whm and it's pretty apparent that spellcast isn't fast enough to macro in all the -cure casting time gear before you start the spell.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-01-13 10:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need windower macros for decimal delays. You can do something like <wait 0.3> with regular in-game macros.

This is important because it only takes -60% cast time to reach 1 second cast time for Cure spells, and it's very easy to exceed that now. (/RDM, Cure Clogs, 5/5 merits, and Orison Pantaloons +2 will exceed that.)

Also:
Sylph.Elgorian said: »
That was false info, there is no testing to indicate where/what the caps are for cast time & recast. Presumably there is one, because perma-chainspell would be broken if you could reach that level of fast cast, but the 80% number you sometimes hear people throw around is a total guess someone made at some point that people started giving as some kind of authoritative number.
 Sylph.Annex
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-01-13 10:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Your a nub Elg...I thought I already told you this. :p
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2012-01-13 11:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
You don't need windower macros for decimal delays. You can do something like <wait 0.3> with regular in-game macros.

Also:
That was false info, there is no testing to indicate where/what the caps are for cast time & recast. Presumably there is one, because perma-chainspell would be broken if you could reach that level of fast cast, but the 80% number you sometimes hear people throw around is a total guess someone made at some point that people started giving as some kind of authoritative number.

Ah okay, and didn't realize you could put less than 1 second in a normal FFXI macro. Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-01-13 12:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Also:

Hmm, I wasn't aware that it wasn't firm, should be pretty easy to nail down as RDM/SCH.

25% Gear haste
15% Magic haste
10% Light arts

plus

23% recast delay from fastcast

Raise has a 60 second recast time and with the above gearset should come out to

60sec * 50% (haste) = 30sec
30sec * 77% (fastcast) = 23.1 sec (61.5% reduction)

This is the most I can find gearwise for a recast delay set. Aside from a magian accuracy staff I can't see any other way to get it down anymore, I'll test this tonight and see if we can at least confirm its over 60%.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-13 12:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I have -82% cure casting time on my whm and it's pretty apparent that spellcast isn't fast enough to macro in all the -cure casting time gear before you start the spell.
Code
		<if spell="Cure*|Cura*">
			<action type="PrecastDelay" delay=".2" />
			<action type="equip" when="precast" set="CureCastTime" />
			<action type="MidcastDelay" delay=".2" />
			<action type="equip" when="midcast" set="Cure" />
			<if Advanced='("%WeatherElement" = "Light" OR "%DayElement" = "Light")'>
				<action type="equip" when="midcast">
					<back lock="yes">Twilight Cape</back>
					<waist lock="yes">Korin Obi</waist>
				</action>
			</if>
         </if>
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-13 12:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

On this note - what can cause spellcast to not swap gear properly? More often than I like, my whm SC doesn't swap in the potency gear, making me cureV for like 750ish hp, as far as I can tell I'm actually casting in precast gear. No quick cast in my precast set.
 Bahamut.Danthebk
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2012-01-13 12:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Instant-cast like chainspell or AoA.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-13 12:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
On this note - what can cause spellcast to not swap gear properly? More often than I like, my whm SC doesn't swap in the potency gear, making me cureV for like 750ish hp, as far as I can tell I'm actually casting in precast gear. No quick cast in my precast set.
It's just the speed at which you're casting. Not sure how Midcast% is determined with varying levels of -cast time and Fast Cast, but using the code I just posted it will be able to change fast enough.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-01-13 12:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
It's just the speed at which you're casting. Not sure how Midcast% is determined with varying levels of -cast time and Fast Cast, but using the code I just posted, it will be able to change fast enough.

So you don't have any kind of precast delay at all?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-13 12:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just the speed at which you're casting. Not sure how Midcast% is determined with varying levels of -cast time and Fast Cast, but using the code I just posted, it will be able to change fast enough.

Precast delay? I don't see the purpose of this, since you're using the set before/at the beginning of the cast.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-01-13 13:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Precast delay? I don't see the purpose of this, since you're using the set before/at the beginning of the cast.

Well if one doesn't need it at all then that's quite awesome, but every set I've ever grabbed has had it in there, usually at ".2". I assumed that it was needed in order for the precast gear to work effectively.

Although I admit that I could never make much sense of the logic.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-01-13 13:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if one doesn't need it at all then that's quite awesome, but every set I've ever grabbed has had it in there, usually at ".2". I assumed that it was needed in order for the precast gear to work effectively.

basically uh, precast delay is set to 0 before any adjustments are made to it, such as ".2". at a delay of 0, the precast gear equips the same time the spell starts casting. as any mage knows, precast must be on before the spell has even started, this is why ".2" is a necessity. if it's left at the default of 0, the precast gear is doing nothing at all but taking up space. once it's set to a ".2", it's equipping .2 seconds before the spell starts casting, which allows it to take effect(.1 is too early and still doesn't take effect, which is silly, but it's how it works).

as for your question, tam, it's likely the same issue as a precast set, but with midcast. you should of just asked me to fix it :(
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-01-13 13:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said: »

basically uh, precast delay is set to 0 before any adjustments are made to it, such as ".2". at a delay of 0, the precast gear equips the same time the spell starts casting. as any mage knows, precast must be on before the spell has even started, this is why ".2" is a necessity. if it's left at the default of 0, the precast gear is doing nothing at all but taking up space. once it's set to a ".2", it's equipping .2 seconds before the spell starts casting, which allows it to take effect(.1 is too early and still doesn't take effect, which is silly, but it's how it works).

as for your question, tam, it's likely the same issue as a precast set, but with midcast. you should of just asked me to fix it :(

This part sounds funny. How will it equip if it doesn't know when its casting Q.Q

I'm also with the idea/notion that a precast delay is completely unnecessary as opposed to what you're saying.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-01-13 13:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i know it sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but it's how it works. like, right now, go add <precastdelay delay=".2"> in a spell rule, save it, reload, and try it. you'll notice the delay immediately.

also, it's completely necessary. it's the difference between precast/fastcast working or not.
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2012-01-13 13:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
As an afterthought: quick cast will f your world up once in awhile as fast as the multi-set cure goes. Just an fyi.

Also pretty sure that Cure 1+2 risk this if you have enough Fast Cast/Cast reduction time or are /SCH, but lolcure1+2
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-13 13:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the explanation! Guess I'll go rework my spellcast then
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-13 14:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Dajo's fixed my whm SC for me, so I guess I'll see if it works correctly in a bit. :D

Ty Dajo and Aeronis!