Hecatomb Leggings +1
DEF: 23 HP +9 STR +7 DEX +4
"Slow" +6%
Lv. 73 WAR / THF / PLD / DRK / BST / BRD / DRG

Potential Augments (relevant to thf)
STR + 1-3
Accuracy +7
Attack + 1-5

Looking at these two options to drop into my evisceration set. Which do you guys think would be a better choice and why? I'm planning on using evisceration in abyssea and exenterator outside just based off the damage I have seen in my experience from exenterator, unless there is a way to make evisceration consistantly outperform exenterator outside also.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2012-01-12 07:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you absolutely need the accuracy, Kacura should win.

You are right that Evisceration is mainly used inside Abyssea. Given that context, you will have cruor buffs and should be capping fSTR. That means even a perfect STR augment will only give you 1 more base dmg. The gains from the 2 DEX and 2% crit should beat that.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2012-01-12 07:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm just curious on that one, if fstr is capped just by buffs, wouldnt assassins feet+2 be better than those 2? dex/char+7 +3% triple attack rate...im def not a math buff and dont understand the functions well
 Sylph.Gredival
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2012-01-12 07:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You can only proc 3A once during Evisceration because the maximum possible hits on a WS is 8. You get 5 on your mainhand and an offhand hit already, making Evisceration's baseline 6. Assuming you are using Atma of the Apocalypse, you will have a high 3A rate, so you are experiencing diminishing returns on 3A.

All this culminates in critical working better. Also I'm pretty sure that 3A only rolls to proc once for each hand, whereas critical rate would affect all hits of Evisceration.
By Creecreelo 2012-01-12 08:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

As a side note, I don't believe Heca feet get Acc+ as a part of their common augment pool. :o

BG Sky/Abj Gear Synergy Thread

HQ3:
STR (2-3)
HQ only: STR (2-4)
and two of the following:
Great Axe Skill (2-4), Polearm Skill (3-4), Scythe Skill (2-4), Attack (6), Random Pool
 Phoenix.Wraithen
Server: Phoenix
user: virusct
By Phoenix.Wraithen 2012-01-12 15:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki, wrong?? NEVER! lol I failed on that one, BG shows no ACC.

Sylph.Gredival said: »
Unless you absolutely need the accuracy, Kacura should win.

You are right that Evisceration is mainly used inside Abyssea. Given that context, you will have cruor buffs and should be capping fSTR. That means even a perfect STR augment will only give you 1 more base dmg. The gains from the 2 DEX and 2% crit should beat that.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking also, but wanted to see others thoughts on them.