Ermine's Tail For RDM?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Ermine's Tail for RDM?
Ermine's Tail for RDM?
 Alexander.Theonly
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-05-03 11:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe im going crazy, but for quite some time i was doing MMM because i saw screenshots of Ermin'es tail being equippable by rdms. I told a few people that my soul purpose for doing MMM was for the ermine's tail for my rdm, of which no on replied that its not equippable, since this last udate after looking at the tail again, i noticed that rdm is no longer in the list. Did SE take rdm of the list of equipable jobs or was it never equipable by rdms and am i just going crazy .... /sigh
 Bismarck.Nadesco
Server: Bismarck
user: nadesco
By Bismarck.Nadesco 2009-05-03 11:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

who can use a weapon or armor for that matter, is based off of what type of item it is. Ermine's Tail is a Jambiya type dagger and to the best of my knowledge Jambiya type daggers have never been a rdm use able weapon. even though i am sure there are better dagger a rdm can use. i always use justice sword or joytoy myself
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 11:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm can however, use Koggelmander, which is from Tanihwa instead of the dhalmel... you weren't looking at that by any chance?
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-05-03 11:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

no, there is a ZNM that drops a jamb typ[e dagger that rdm can use
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-05-03 11:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm from what i saw could use both the sword and the dagger at the time i was trying to get them, i wanted the dagger over the sword
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 12:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it's just you, as shown here, this image was posted in December last year.

User submitted image

edit: Wiki's images are screwing up for me all of a sudden, it was a lot bigger than that I swear... long story short, no rdm :(
[+]
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-05-03 12:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone known of SE changing equipment after its been introduced to allow diff jobs to equip gear beforE?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 12:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Theonly said:
has anyone known of SE changing equipment after its been introduced to allow diff jobs to equip gear beforE?

I think they have, but very rarely and only much earlier in the history of the game to my knowledge. It's more likely that they would add jobs to things than remove them, because it would seriously piss you off if you put all that work into getting something and then all of a sudden you can't use it.
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-05-03 12:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i seriously think this is the case, ill have to ask around of people i known to do them more regualrly,
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-03 12:07:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Theonly said:

I think they have, but very rarely and only much earlier in the history of the game to my knowledge. It's more likely that they would add jobs to things than remove them, because it would seriously piss you off if you put all that work into getting something and then all of a sudden you can't use it.

*SE I think BLUs using Swords are OP....* -BLU cannot /equip swords o.o
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 12:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Theonly said:
i seriously think this is the case, ill have to ask around of people i known to do them more regualrly,

Blazza said:
I guess it's just you, as shown here, this image was posted in December last year.

User submitted image

I'm sorry, you're mistaken, rdm wasn't on it 5 months ago, and that's about when it first came out isn't it?

Thunderz said:
Blazza said:
Theonly said:

*SE I think BLUs using Swords are OP....* -BLU cannot /equip swords o.o

lol, one of few things that would probably make me quit
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 12:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and someone who I know did these NM's a LOT might be able to help you:
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=274969
 Remora.Narrubia
Server: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-05-03 12:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

User submitted image

Yup, this is pretty much rock-solid evidence that RDM was never able to equip it.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-05-03 12:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder why RDM can't equip this. Would be cool if they could.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-05-03 12:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM uses daggers; not jambiyas, kukris, or knives. It's always been like that.

And if you want an example of jobs getting taken off weapons, try Kraken Club.