Cleric Pantaloons +2 And Bar Spells.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Cleric Pantaloons +2 and Bar spells.
Cleric Pantaloons +2 and Bar spells.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-01-03 23:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been using Orison complete set for full chance at Augment from them, but do you think it is worth changing to using these pants now?

I guess I am leaning towards , just curious if others thinking the same way and does anyone swap to Enhancing set for Pro/Shell?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-01-04 08:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a fairly large thread about this awhile back. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/24734/barspell-test

Some decent testing/mathing in there later on.

Long story short, Use 4/5 Orison+2, and cleric's legs. And that conclusion was made using NQ cleric's I think. So Cleric's +2 ftw.

As for protect/shell and enhancing skill, why? Both duration and potency on them are static. Additional skill isn't going to have any effect. Cast in fast cast and conserve MP or something.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-01-04 08:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick note,the AF2+2 legs always have "Enhances Shellra V" on them,so its obviously worth casting Shellra V in those
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-01-04 10:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Quick note,the AF2+2 legs always have "Enhances Shellra V" on them,so its obviously worth casting Shellra V in those
Well not always :) Only after you do the Qufim/Jeuno experience points trial.
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-01-04 10:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly stick with full enhancing magic/barspell build. the +2 set is cool. but if the resist on the barspell procs, you only have to cure about 200 or so vs nothing IF the +2 set procs that'd give a lesser effect. Stick with the body though. its MDB attached to barspells is nice.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-04 10:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally don't care either way if my barspells proc or not, it never really is that much of an issue.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-01-04 10:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

its pretty simple really

Your strategy is based on resisting? Like you fight "tiamat" VW and want to resist all fire attacks? You go for as high skill as possible to break resist tiers an achieve constant 1/16(or something liek that) damage.

If you not going for resist rate and you know that your bar alone wont be enough to break resist tier then your best best is full set bar to occasionally got hit by 0.

In short you should have both full af3+2 and full enhancing skill sets and use them when needed.
By Quiznor 2012-01-04 11:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Quiznor said: »
Well not always :) Only after you do the Qufim/Jeuno experience points trial.

Well yeah I meant they will ALWAYS enhance shellra V after you do said trial :P its not just a proc thing :P
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-04 11:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Personally don't care either way if my barspells proc or not, it never really is that much of an issue.

I agree with Kal here. A decent whm whose enhancing magic is leveled decently should be hitting 150-160+ elemental-resist on the bar they cast.

But for a short answer NO. it is not worth using full af3+2 for barspells. The process rate is so low. As mentioned above Vaness on Cerb did a test on the set bonus http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/24734/barspell-test

is what i use at moment. I still need to upgrade legs and waist. But meh it get's the job done at moment.
 Asura.Werdxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-01-04 11:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

proc means to procure lol
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-04 11:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Werdxi said: »
proc means to procure lol
It could also be short for proctologist just saying. lol

E.g. Did you see the proc today David?
 Asura.Werdxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-01-04 11:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

o.o i should use that
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-01-04 11:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

all jobs need a pair of pantaloons.. seriously, cleric pantaloons are friken cute.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-01-04 12:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

Olympus Sash!!! Colosuss's Torque!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-04 12:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

Olympus Sash!!! Colosuss's Torque!!!

Olympus Sash is never on Bahamut AH... so if u wanna server transfer one plz do so. :) Also please send me a tell before u do so.

Colossus Torque... ughh I have to do that stupid quest again... ugh its more annoying than Odin quest...
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-01-04 12:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Zenith crown +1 with 7-8 enhancing skill be superior to AF3+2 head?
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2012-01-04 12:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kolvar said: »
I have been using Orison complete set for full chance at Augment from them, but do you think it is worth changing to using these pants now?

I guess I am leaning towards , just curious if others thinking the same way and does anyone swap to Enhancing set for Pro/Shell?
5/5 +2 empyrean never has been worth it.Winners were 4/5 +2 (with cleric's) and 3/5 +2 (augur's hands and cleric's).So for some obvious reason getting cleric's pantaloons +2 is a must and should be considered mandatory for any good whms.The augment makes it totally worth it. "Augment shellra V" wich add 1 MDT per merit for a total of 5(not 100% sure of this one yet).

I had old friends saying that using enhancing on protectra/shellra augmented the lenght.Eyeballin?Prolly.But doesn't hurt to do it/believe in it xD.

Or you can get very bored and test it :3
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2012-01-04 13:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

On my alt I use Blessed Briault with my bar-spell set, Wiki claims it gives an additional +5 MDB to your spells. (I would buy the +1 if I was sure it gave more MDB to bar-spells.)

Anyone else use this and/or have a preference?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-01-04 13:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said: »
The augment makes it totally worth it. "Augment shellra V" wich add 5 MDT per merit (not 100% sure of this one yet).

The Augment Shellra V is really good, but I doubt it'd be THAT good xD If that were the case, you'd be looking at capped MDT in a single cast of Shellra V with these babies on. I think it's more reasonable to assume that it's an additional 1 MDT per merit to a cap of 5.

But if there's evidence to support a 5 MDT per merit, holy crap Batman! O-o

Bismarck.Eburo said: »
On my alt I use Blessed Briault with my bar-spell set, Wiki claims it gives an additional +5 MDB to your spells. (I would buy the +1 if I was sure it gave more MDB to bar-spells.)

Anyone else use this and/or have a preference?

AF3+2 body with Afflatus Solace up gives +10 MDB on your Bar- spells, if I recall correctly, making it generally the more ideal body to cast Bar- spells in.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2012-01-04 13:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

The Augment Shellra V is really good, but I doubt it'd be THAT good xD If that were the case, you'd be looking at capped MDT in a single cast of Shellra V with these babies on. I think it's more reasonable to assume that it's an additional 1 MDT per merit to a cap of 5.

But if there's evidence to support a 5 MDT per merit, holy crap Batman! O-o
I am happy with very simple things.I don't demand much.
+5 MDT is pretty awesome on 1 spell that can be put on everybody.

it makes it more MDT that can be changed to MBD for tanks.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-04 13:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt a single item would offer Shellra V an extra -5% mdt per merit up to a total of -25%.
It'd mostly be like 1% extra per merit up to a total of -5%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, however.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2012-01-04 13:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
I highly doubt a single item would offer Shellra V an extra -5% mdt per merit up to a total of -25%.
It'd mostly be like 1% extra per merit up to a total of -5%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, however.
Oh I just realised I wrote it wrong. it's 1% per merit for a total of 5.

Forgive my french, my sentences structures still need alot of work.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-04 13:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pas un problème, je suis desole~
My french is pretty weak now.. I got the top score in my school 5 years ago :<
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2012-01-04 13:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
AF3+2 body with Afflatus Solace up gives +10 MDB on your Bar- spells, if I recall correctly, making it generally the more ideal body to cast Bar- spells in.

Oops, I completely looked over that. I'm a little embarrassed now. :/
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-01-04 18:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 1/256 per merit, which is more like 0.4% per merit. With 5/5 Shellra merits (which every WHM should have) the augment will take you from 70/256 to 75/256 (from -27% MDT to -29% MDT).

Still extremely valuable and worth doing.

Source

Also Eburo to answer your question, Blessed Briault +1 gives the same 5 MDB as the NQ body. Can't remember where I saw this, but it was indeed tested and confirmed. So NQ & HQ Blessed Briault are equal to the Orison Bliaud +1. Orison+2 beats both by double.
[+]