Last Stand on THF
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-19 19:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Any opinions? I'm wondering if it could bring back the utility of Thief and enfeebling bolts.

I don't have it yet, but I'm curious if anyone has yet and gauged its usefulness.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-12-19 19:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Havent yet. Still finishing Dagger WS, then doing lance/marks for drg and rng so eventually ill be toying with it on thf a lot.

Though, our bolt/Xbow selection is so terrible (base damage wise. LolVenomBolt is best 'DD' bolt we have) it would be pretty abysmal.

The real fun will be Culverin/cannon shell WS on thf.

I really cant fathom it doing very well for Xbow damage wise. But i will have great fun doin Exenerator>Culverin Last Stand for light WS :P
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-12-21 18:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. I myself just picked up a Culverin +1 just minutes ago. I'm going to screw around with it tonight.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-29 13:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly i'm surprised since they gave it to thf that they didnt give it to nin. but then again i think coffinmaker was the last nin marksmanship weapon..lol so how did this do for thf?
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-01-18 11:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So....i totally got an idea today that i REALLY wanna try.

I have 5/5 last stand for rng. I just bought a culverin for thf. I also have a lv 95 TP bonus dagger. So my thought is, I 'think' the magian TP bonus weapons (and WOTG bonus for that matter) will work for other weapon types, ie ranged ws.

So, now im thinking about mainhanding lv 99 TP bonus dagger and offhanding a 95 fusetto TP+100(different names, so we can have both). This would in theory, make alll my last stands 300TP which will boost damage a LOT.

So now, i can culverin+cannon shell 300TP last stands every 100tp. Thf has a buttload of agi gear and i fortunately have virtually all of it between TA, Exenerator, old Racc Xbow and Rng sets.

Yeah, it will be expensive with the bullets and its just a toy build, but i have the gil and it sounds fun.

I just need to verify you can double up with 2 TP bonus daggers and they work on ranged WS 1st before i go make a second dagger :)
 Leviathan.Shya
user: Onsheeta
By Leviathan.Shya 2012-01-18 11:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, TP Bonus melee doesn't effect ranged and vice-versa. But i must admit I have Culv+1 and i have used this in Dyna..Tis a very fun ws for random stuff xD Specially on thf mobs that 2hr!
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-01-18 19:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems that is a little misinformation based on the old TP bonus weapons. Seems the magian TP bonus weapons break ALL the old rules compared to the martials.

Dagger does work for ranged, and even works off handed as Me and a couple people tested today in this thread.

Only thing left is can you use 2x TP+100 daggers at once. I seem to remember a test showing you could, but dont remember it explicitly, but either way, this does open the door to my new fun thf toy build ^_^
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-01-18 20:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting application for rng/war too.. Fencer + martial knife will give a 140 tp bonus.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-01-18 20:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial knife only apply when main handed to the knife itself.
 Ragnarok.Evandis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-01-18 20:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not worth it on a x-bow.

Source: I am a 99 THF and 99 COR with 5/5 Last Stand.
By DuzellLevi 2012-01-18 20:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Evandis said: »
Not worth it on a x-bow.

Source: I am a 99 THF and 99 COR with 5/5 Last Stand.

How is it with a Culverin +1?
 Ragnarok.Evandis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-01-18 20:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have it can't tell you. If you stack AGI you might get okay damage, it's not amazing on COR either, just better than Slug, which isn't saying much.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-18 21:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »
Interesting application for rng/war too.. Fencer + martial knife will give a 140 tp bonus.
RNG can't use magian daggers, unfortunately.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-18 21:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: nevermind, forgot oldschool martial weapons are terrible.

Also Fencer I is only 20 TP Bonus.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-01-18 22:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
EDIT: nevermind, forgot oldschool martial weapons are terrible.

Also Fencer I is only 20 TP Bonus.

Woops misread ffxiclopedia, 120 tp bonus is still kind of cool :(.
 Leviathan.Duzell
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-02-11 07:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what im starting to look at as an ideal last stand set, ignoring such silly factors as cost and VW drop issues. Further improvement tips would be appriciated and keep in mind, this is THF so realistically it needs some extra Racc thrown in (hence the mantle and gloves). Both daggers would be +100TP bonus (swap man and off obviously).
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-02-11 07:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Why Athos feet? Raider's +2 is 15 AGI. Athos offers nothing more to the WS. Also guessing you meant to put the 95 dagger.
 Leviathan.Duzell
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-02-11 07:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
Why Athos feet? Raider's +2 is 15 AGI. Athos offers nothing more to the WS. Also guessing you meant to put the 95 dagger.
yea i cought the boots in beseiged just a moment ago, fixed. Also didn't noice the Rare on TP daggers, fixed.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-02-11 12:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can just camp the lv 60 +8 agi set earrings. Way cheaper.

Also Athos gloves particularly when the day bonus FTP kicks in.

Ambushers hose are 10 agi instead of that 8 subligar.

I used terrebellum mantle and let my pot au fou deal with my acc generally.

With those changes youd have my set (except i dont own any athos yet, so skadi hands and loki's). Ratk is very hard to come by and when dealing with base damage, WSC and FTP values that are THIS rediculous, atk is the fastest way to raise damage sicne everything else is already stupidly high so Thf/War for this. Zerk helps tremendously.

Ive had great fun in VW and Einherjar with this setup and won more than a couple parses too :)
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-11 12:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Even on RNG, I still can't cap Last Stand damage on Qilin.
That's considering:
Dia II, Acid Bolt, Red Curry Bun, Velocity Shot, Zerk, Warcry, Stalwart, Flashy Shot, Minuet4+5.

About 400-500 dmg short from capping.
By DuzellLevi 2012-02-11 16:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
That's considering:
Dia II, Acid Bolt, Red Curry Bun, Velocity Shot, Zerk, Warcry, Stalwart, Flashy Shot, Minuet4+5.

Have you tried real red curry instead of curry buns, suppososidly the +ratt caps higher on actual curry vs the buns.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-11 16:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't you need to cap fSTR2 to cap damage, which is like next to impossible, isn't it?
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-11 16:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Wouldn't you need to cap fSTR2 to cap damage, which is like next to impossible, isn't it?
Basically, yeah.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-11 16:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

DuzellLevi said: »
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
That's considering:

Have you tried real red curry instead of curry buns, suppososidly the +ratt caps higher on actual curry vs the buns.

That's wrong. RCB are 150 just like the orig.

Just wanted to say that using two tp bonus daggers with last stand is a really cool idea. The damage must be pretty decent. How does it fare vs dagger WS?
 Leviathan.Duzell
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-02-11 19:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Made most of the suggested changes. Not sold on the gloves, but if by some miricle they drop to me I have no qualms trying them. The 7 str in the calculation may help more than the 2 more agi and 9 ratt, it would vary between trash mobs and real mobs (then again on trash mobs I would use my Shark Gun(Working on getting Coffinmaker) and Iron/Gold/Platinum Bullets). Basically i want to work out what is the ideal before I start working twards it seriously so as not to waist my time on things.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-02-12 01:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Its basically a sidegrade to alarunes since the atk is so needed on thf. But Athos has that FTP bonus based on day, so on the days that its active it wins by a bit. On the days its not it looses by a bit.

Not enough to loose any sleep over, but i wanted athos for other stuff anyway so i havent bothered t buy alarunes sicne they are a little pricey for just a 'toy' build for me, so ill just stick with skadi till i land athos. They are both really close though so just use whatever is more convenient.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-28 17:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, we got a gun. Now we just need bullets.

Handgonne +1
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Blackpain
user: Rogue
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2012-06-12 07:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

For Last Stand on THF try a Mextli harness or Tessera Saio. Handgonne as a gun could work as well.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [110 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-09-30 16:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies for the necro... I was just looking to get some ideas on what a last stand set would look like for thf nowadays. (For entertainment purposes of course, basically just messing around.)
First Page 2