You have HOW MANY 75s? /death
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-01 04:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

People with five or six + jobs at 75, regardless of overall playtime amaze me.
I've been playing since it hit the shelves in North America, and I'm just now getting my second job to 75.
I have spent loads of time doing jack all over the years I've played, but even if I had spent most of my time being productive, I don't have close to the amount of stamina it takes to power through jobs and still have the desire to play them. Gear them. Merit them. @_@;
I dunno, maybe all the years of main RDMing have made me insane.

So, my question is, how do you guys do it and not want to throw your PCs out windows?
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-01 05:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people enjoy having a variety of jobs disposable at their fingertips. I don't know how you've only been RDM since you started. That would make any sane person I think insane. I enjoy being able to swap between a DD, tank or mage job whenever I feel like it or one of those jobs are needed because one of them is.

But there are people like yourself who've been playing forever and only have one job at 75 or two at 75 but they job(s) are insanely geared because the maintenance is so low. And you're bound to get it too. Having multiple jobs and gearing them all so they are well geared is such a hassle sometimes. And stressful on inventory. @.@;;

But to each their own! Some do it for the epeen famousness and infamous Maat's cap. Yay.
[+]
 Valefor.Poetry
Server: Valefor
user: Poetry
By Valefor.Poetry 2009-05-01 05:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think using mostly rdm would drive someone insane too. It's easier now than ever to get a job to 75. And like Zekky said, most of those people have a variety of jobs to use so it doesn't get boring.

Also, after getting your first job to 75 the next job is faster and so on. Or it was for me anyway. I only have 5 jobs at 75 but each time through it has been faster than before.
 Cerberus.Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-01 05:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That baffles me too. I see some people with multiple Salvage pieces from multiple sets etc. I just go "How the hell did you come up with all that gil?".
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-01 05:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Some people enjoy having a variety of jobs disposable at their fingertips. I don't know how you've only been RDM since you started. That would make any sane person I think insane. I enjoy being able to swap between a DD, tank or mage job whenever I feel like it or one of those jobs are needed because one of them is.

But there are people like yourself who've been playing forever and only have one job at 75 or two at 75 but they job(s) are insanely geared because the maintenance is so low. And you're bound to get it too. Having multiple jobs and gearing them all so they are well geared is such a hassle sometimes. And stressful on inventory. @.@;;

But to each their own! Some do it for the epeen famousness and infamous Maat's cap. Yay.

I have 5 jobs at 75

BLM
SMN
WAR
RDM
lolbrd

They are geared/important to me in that order. I rarely go to an event at all as WAR (except Einherjar, those fools actually think I'm a good WAR lol) but still, its nice to be flexable

Need a healer, got my RDM (bringing back from the dead until WHM is at 75).
Need a DD, here is my SMN
Need a good DD, here is my WAR
Need a good tank/DD, here is my BLM (BLM tank FTW!!!!)

Its all about being flexable. Being able to change jobs that is needed is what most endshells need, but they tend to stick with the mage only concept though. Although.....BLMs unite!
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-01 05:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Maryanne said:
That baffles me too. I see some people with multiple Salvage pieces from multiple sets etc. I just go "How the hell did you come up with all that gil?".

Endgame

Thats where most honest players get their gil, that + crafting + mining/farming/gardening the ***out of their minds

Only lolplayers buy gil. And even then, thanks to the RMTPWNER tool, thats getting to be fewer and fewer by the day.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-01 05:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Maryanne said:
"How the hell did you come up with all that gil?".

Some people have been around for a long, long, long time... Or have friends with all the right connections.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-01 05:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Poetry said:
And like Zekky said, most of those people have a variety of jobs to use so it doesn't get boring.

^

There are days where I love to tank and there are days where I just want to be half-awake and beat the living crap out of something... Then there are days where I don't want to punch or tank and just wanna heal and enfeeble. Having multiple high lvls jobs that aren't the same is just a breath of fresh air... Nothing gets too stale.
 Cerberus.Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-01 05:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Some people have been around for a long, long, long time... Or have friends with all the right connections.

{True Stike} on that last bit!
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-01 05:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. I think my main reason for my few 75's is that I want to be able to join groups in any capacity. It sucks when people are shouting for a party/event/or anything else and then get told {No Thanks} when they find you aren't the specific job they're looking for.

Of course, all of my jobs are gimp, so I'm not quite so certain that it was a good idea to get more than one 75 now. xD
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-01 06:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
Of course, all of my jobs are gimp, so I'm not quite so certain that it was a good idea to get more than one 75 now. xD

Ha! >.> My jobs aren't exactly "pimp", but even a gimp job (such as a naked whm >.>) can be useful for some things!

In Dynamis? Put the naked whm in a DD pt, shouldn't have much to do in there really other than Haste/Cure occasionally! And if nothing else, it's another Raiser to get people up faster =P
 Fenrir.George
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.George 2009-05-01 06:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You may have played since it hit shelves in North America but how much playtime do you have in game?
There are those who play once a week and those who play every day for hours at a time.
I started playing FFXI on PC before it came out on PS2.
I have 11 75s and 16 jobs 50+.
I also have 437 days atm and never did an AFK bazzar.
The biggest advantage that I have is that I make my own parties 90% of the time.
I am very good at it and I also respect those who have the time and patience to form PTs, because it can be very stressful.
PS. I checked your Red Mage's gear and its really quite good. I may have a lot of jobs but my gear is basically lolgear.

Edit: I changed spacing because it was too congested and changed some punctuation (my second post on ffxiah)
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
Server: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-05-01 06:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 9 75 jobs right now and for me it was about being able to get what I need without having to rely on others.

My first 75 was SMN as being a FF fan summoners were always awesome (who knew SE would gimp the hell out of them here..).

I wanted my YYR more then anything back then but I could never find anyone to help with widescan. Not having any gill to raise a RNG at the time I opted for BST. I soloed that to 75. Then the next job that I needed to achieve something and so forth.

Yeah most of my jobs are fully merited (cept for brd which I use to merit, odd right?). For me whenever I start a new job it has to grab my interest and I will focus on nothing else but that job.

Most jobs I tend to solo quite a bit. Why? It makes me that much stronger when I have support. I am someone an alliance can count on. I am usually the last one standing in a wipe be it on BLM THF or whatever.

Point is I love the game, there is a passion there and I will always push myself to get that 1 more level with or without anyones help. Call it motivation.
[+]
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-05-01 07:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Maryanne said:
People with five or six + jobs at 75, regardless of overall playtime amaze me.
I've been playing since it hit the shelves in North America, and I'm just now getting my second job to 75.
I have spent loads of time doing jack all over the years I've played, but even if I had spent most of my time being productive, I don't have close to the amount of stamina it takes to power through jobs and still have the desire to play them. Gear them. Merit them. @_@;
I dunno, maybe all the years of main RDMing have made me insane.

So, my question is, how do you guys do it and not want to throw your PCs out windows?

I personally don't merit too often. Usually it is when someone is 5/6 and needs a RDM that i pull my equipment out and do it. I have 6 jobs BLM WHM RDM NIN PUP THF ... ... ... ... and .... SMN ... I have 7 jobs with 3 more at 50. My merits are Evasion and Crit Hit Rate because it benefits every possible job out there. Jobs specific things are Elemental Magic to lvl 3 Freeze II Burst II and Ninja Tool Expert.

One good way to not go insane is realize that there is real life out there. I got this game just after NA release as soon as I had a computer that was capable of running it. During that time I have had jobs and girls and have done real things: I went bar hopping last night, I have a baseball game tomorrow ... etc. I'm clocked in about 420 days at this point over the course of 5+ years now. It is just what I do between life events, it is relatively cheap (granted I have spend over a $1000 on this game easy), it is fun -- usually.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-01 07:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I like having 1 of each type of job in FF games (besides tanks), so I have Blu (DD), Whm (Healing), and Cor (Support/buff). Have no idea how people can only play one job. Sure saves gil , though.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-05-01 07:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

1! /hurray for nubs. Working my second, NEARLY 70 on RNG now. Will finish it up once i get back.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-05-01 07:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
I kinda had justificaitons for leveling the jobs I did at the time.

1. Mnk to 30
2. Unlocked rng because it was the easiest advanced job to get, and my mnk couldn't stay level 30 to save its life
3. Patch that gimped rng made me want to be able to solo things, so I leveled smn. I also wanted to be able to get an Ohat for rng.
4. Needed Diabolos, so I hear blms can burn that.
5. Wanna stick with a mage job because I got a Tamas ring, also enjoy soloing, so I take up rdm.
6. Need moar DD jobs, slowly working my way there I'm leveling NIN (51 atm)

BLM= The Alpha job. VERY few things a skilled BLM+RDM duo team cant take out. Or hell, BLM or RDM solo respectively can take out some serious *** (ODS solo on BLM anyone? XD)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-01 07:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blm cannot solo ODS anymore. The sleep nerf killed it.
We tried doing ODS with 4 DD + 1 Tank + 1 Blm to sleep as we take one out at a time, they woke up in seconds.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-05-01 07:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Blm cannot solo ODS anymore. The sleep nerf killed it.
We tried doing ODS with 4 DD + 1 Tank + 1 Blm to sleep as we take one out at a time, they woke up in seconds.

orly? and was this with the latest Sleep nerf or was there something I missed? (i ask because i wasnt around for quite a few updates, to include the 2-handed one)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-01 08:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleeps have been like cut in half for a lot of NMs, making a lot of BCNMs/KSNMs extremely difficult now. You remember how easy ZMs were? Yeah it took Thunderz, K, and I like 25min to beat a BCNM, that we lost the first time. >.>; A lot of re-sleeping and resting had to be done, sucked hardcore.

It was allegedly changed back, but I've yet to see that take effect on stuff I've done.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-05-01 08:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Sleeps have been like cut in half for a lot of NMs, making a lot of BCNMs/KSNMs extremely difficult now. You remember how easy ZMs were? Yeah it took Thunderz, K, and I like 25min to beat a BCNM, that we lost the first time. >.>; A lot of re-sleeping and resting had to be done, sucked hardcore.

It was allegedly changed back, but I've yet to see that take effect on stuff I've done.

Hmmmm iono when i did my ZM's they were all pretty simple, mind you im not done yet, but ive gotten maybe a mission or two ahead of sky access.
 Garuda.Fullen
Server: Garuda
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-01 08:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of my jobs were done in statics with friends, that's a lot of fun to me so i kept going~

Started april 2006 and about to lvl my 12th 75~
 Garuda.Reublucian
By Garuda.Reublucian 2009-05-01 08:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

75smn75brd75whm75rdm75nin75sam
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-01 08:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing since close to the beginning of NA release as well, however i'm hitting my 3rd 75 this week.

BLM75 WHM75 SAM73

Of course, half the ppl that have multiple 75's have no life. I have a child, been going to school, and working. So always take into account that you've got more going for yourself in life other than having every damn job at 75.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-05-01 08:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:
I've been playing since close to the beginning of NA release as well, however i'm hitting my 3rd 75 this week.

BLM75 WHM75 SAM73

Of course, half the ppl that have multiple 75's have no life. I have a child, been going to school, and working. So always take into account that you've got more going for yourself in life other than having every damn job at 75.

Lol, ive got a two-year old also, and up until finding out i was deploying, was going to school. So I feel ya :P
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-01 08:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Lol, ive got a two-year old also, and up until finding out i was deploying, was going to school. So I feel ya :P

^_^ I love kids, if it wasn't for the fact that i'm 22 with basically no money, i'd have more. My son turns 5 in July this year ^_^
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-05-01 08:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Maryanne said:

I have no idea... 9 75 jobs, almost 11 <.< I don't even EXP that much TBH. This character is only about 2 years old.
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-01 08:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually amazed by people who have a lot of 75's myself, but my main question is how on earth did they manage to get the gil to gear each job?

*THAT* is my million dollar question. Especially to the owners of Salvage gear. How do you do it, really?
 Garuda.Fullen
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-01 08:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I found getting HNM gear a LOT more time consuming then exping, if you put the time in you can get a 75 job in 2 weeks~
First Page 2 3 4