Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-12-07 12:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for advice on a cheap upgrade for my cure mules cure set

Curent set is:

also note I'm believing that cure staff will hit 25% in the future. Which if i go buy the 5% cure potency earring will free up neck slot. and i will probably put in auguur gloves in hands which will free up boots slots and still maintain 50% cure potency
What should i add into those slots at that time (neck and boots)?

so two question
A: cheap upgrade now while waiting for 99 update

B: what to put in neck and feet slot after the 99 update
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-07 12:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&description=%22cure%22%20potency#adv

can swap the cape for the new 4% one, swap gloves to augurs (can swap back to serp for idle to keep refresh). cure clogs.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-07 13:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my lazy set:

idle:

while curing:

I'm lazy though and never use whm.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-12-07 13:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Dmn i forgot to update the cape. thecape is the noew 4% i loved that cause i can use it on blm also so i can g thf+blm and go to cure mode after triggering nm

Does the siegel sash improbe the stoneskin effect form afflatus solace cures ?

and yes i need to work on more refresh in my idle set *sigh*
i need to get that hairpin and subligar and owleyes

atm though im doing ToM staff with light spells fastcast to improve my cure casting set
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-12-07 13:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How about augmented Z pumps + Augur's gloves? Will be cheaper than buying Roundel and only 1% off cap.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-07 13:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Does the siegel sash improbe the stoneskin effect form afflatus solace cures ?

I think only if the receiver is wearing it. I understand that I could have much better gear choices here but I'm literally whm monthly, if that.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-12-08 10:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siegel Sash doesn't affect cureskin, or any other type of stoneskin except the actual "Stoneskin" spell, and even then only for the wearer.

For example I had a BLU do an AOE Diamondhide that was somewhere over 350. Cap without items is 350, mine is around 430. When I did Accession+Stoneskin right afterward, it had "no effect" on everyone except myself. So my Accession Stoneskin was 430 for me and regular 350 for everyone else.

It's still a great item, though. I idle in it as well.
 Ragnarok.Bamill
user: bamill
By Ragnarok.Bamill 2011-12-16 02:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know what "Potency" the new Cure Staff gives?
 Odin.Slugg
Server: Odin
user: Beau
By Odin.Slugg 2011-12-26 22:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The new staff Arka IV gives 24% cure potency. Here is my current mule's setup.

Conserve MP+27 (+5 augmented Lore Sabots) /BLM grants an average savings of 14.625% MP according to Wiki's formula. Cure Potency here is 51%.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-12-28 06:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

thanx slug but you cure set is very different from mine so not really anything i can use from it

you rel on a cure body to get you cure potency up where i prefer to use the af3 body for enhanced cure skin. and also your cure set seems to be heavily based on conserve mp rather than cure power

that changes you build greatly. a lot of my cure potency comes from less important slots where your set then rely on mnd (back) or dont have any cure boost at all (neck, earrings,feet)

which in the end results in that if you look at the slots i could change and still keep my caped cure potency with af3 body you have no gear there that improves cure or you have the same gear ( belt rings earring ammo slot neck piece)

anyway sadly staff didn't go to 25 but only 24 which make me need to either keep my neck piece or serpents set on for cures to cap cure potency after i got roundel earring

so i went this way

got my augurs gloves and changed my cure set to augurs +orison duckbills +2 instead of serpetens
will still keep my CP cap'ed when i upgrade staff and gains me an additional 15 mnd and 5 healing skill for cure improvement

Besides changing the rings for better mnd rings what should i improve
Is it worth buying fylga and get a mnd earring ? to replaced orison earring ?
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-28 06:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slugg said: »
The new staff Arka IV gives 24% cure potency. Here is my current mule's setup.

Conserve MP+27 (+5 augmented Lore Sabots) /BLM grants an average savings of 14.625% MP according to Wiki's formula. Cure Potency here is 51%.
I just about ***bricks when I saw the Tamas, then remembered we were talking about mules.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-12-28 07:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I just about ***bricks when I saw the Tamas, then remembered we were talking about mules.

last time i checked any real improvement in rings slots above tamaz (mnd>5) was really not worth it unless its the final slots to improve. by that mean its better to use the gil in other slots.
or you need to make a yellow hP gear set ( medicin ring) which is just to cumbersome for a lot of ppl

but i haven't checked prices on mind rings recently
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-28 07:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »

last time i checked any real improvement in rings slots above tamaz (mnd>5) was really not worth it unless its the final slots to improve. by that mean its better to use the gil in other slots.
or you need to make a yellow hP gear set ( medicin ring) which is just to cumbersome for a lot of ppl

but i haven't checked prices on mind rings recently
I just meant having tamas instead of rajas. I agree with using it for a WHM only mule.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-12-28 07:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an example of not using pointless items to get you 10 more HP cured. -40 Emnity total, 48% Cure Potency +26 MND (The jump from 48% to 50% is minimal enough for me to not worry about buying Fyljia Torque) This set shines especially well outside of Abyssea when the largest of cures aren't needed and keeps the mob from looking in your direction.

To put it in perspective, this set cures for 1087, having +61 MND, -16 Emnity, and 50% Potency:

My set cures for 1046. You're gaining 41 HP for 82 more CE per Cure V.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-28 08:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my cure set for my main.

Cure V for 1051 according to Furen's calculator. I simply can't justify investing the gil and/or time towards things like roundel and aquasoul. I'll see more improvements vs time spent focusing on my PLD instead.

Pretty much the only thing I want to swap out is the insomnia earring. I'll get the Orison earring for that eventually. Then I'll most likely swap Fylgja out for Morgana's choker or whatever else I have for that slot.

Edit: Though I have a whopping -2 emn with this set.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-12-28 08:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have come back to the game sooner! Bahamut had control of Castle O for a good week or two. It brought the price of Roundel down 1.5 mil though, hasn't really gone up since.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-28 08:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
Should have come back to the game sooner! Bahamut had control of Castle O for a good week or two. It brought the price of Roundel down 1.5 mil though, hasn't really gone up since.
We were trying to catch a Roundel for a bit lower, but since currency crashed, we spent all our gil on it for my Aegis.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
Server: Cerberus
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2011-12-28 10:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my potency set and cure cast time set (which I feel is as important if not even more important than actual potency)

Cure Potency (Right @ 50%, Genbu's Shield Augments : 3% Cure Potency, -8% Cure Cast time, and lol +3DEX, Zenith Pumps Augment: Cure Potency +4%

Cure Cast Time: 5/5 Merits in -Cure Cast time. Genbu's Augment: 3% Cure Potency, -8% Cure Cast time, and lol +3DEX

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-12-28 13:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

@Bahamut.Krizz

ahh totaly agree then.

@Bahamut.Aeronis

TY for the input your. nice boots ima look into those
i haven't really had hate issues with the whm mule unless mobs have hate reduction/reset moves. but also i haven't done any old school endgame back at the lvvl75 cap so its mostly abyssea "endgame"

only nyzul isle was the only thing i had done back at the 75 cap.

@Cerberus.Sevvy
only agree on a good fascast set. im about to make the fastcast light staff for my fastcast set
got cure clog orison neck loq earring and incananotr stone
but i will probably toss/store the earring and stone due to inventory issues and only keep anything with 5% or more fastcast
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2011-12-29 22:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Rebuilt WHM for 99, here is the set I'm planning on curing in, after having a long talk with a good friend I have 2 sets, 1 for single target cures, and one for ga's.

For single targets:

For ga spells:

Only items I am currently missing off it are Aceso's Choker, Orison Bliaud +2, and Tempered Cape. I should have those by the end of next week.

This gearset currently runs at 49% Cure potentcy and 72% Cure cast time for single targets, and 50% Cure Potentcy and 80% Cure cast time for ga spells.
By Mahoro577 2011-12-31 13:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I like your sets. It seems I can no longer have a precast set for Cures. They fire too quickly and my potency gear does not seem to equip right. I use Windower macros too but even putting in pauses and waits doesn't seem to work.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-31 14:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Mahoro577 said: »
I like your sets. It seems I can no longer have a precast set for Cures. They fire too quickly and my potency gear does not seem to equip right. I use Windower macros too but even putting in pauses and waits doesn't seem to work.

<if Spell="Cure*|Curaga*|Cura*|Cura III">
<action type="precastdelay" delay=".1" />
<action type="castdelay" delay=".3"/>
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="FastCastCure" />
<action type="equip" when="midcast" set="Cure" />
</if>

should fix your precast problem.
By Latifah 2011-12-31 14:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget' Rebuilt WHM for 99, here is the set I'm planning on curing in, after having a long talk with a good friend I have 2 sets, 1 for single target cures, and one for ga's.

For single targets:

the neck is not necessary, it's over capping the cure casting speed , specially when using rdm sub or sch sub

rdm or sch sub 10, legs+12,merits +20 ,cure clogs +15

cure casting speed= 57..% (cap is 50) that's with no haste gear
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-31 14:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
the neck is not necessary, it's over capping the cure casting speed , specially when using rdm sub or sch sub

EDIT: While its not necessary to cap cure casting time, using that neck, as well as a fast-cast body, allows a whm to use their group1 merits elsewhere such as regen potency. So 2 more inventory items vs regen 5/5 merits. Along with relic+2 body thats quite nice for regen4.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-12-31 14:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget' Rebuilt WHM for 99, here is the set I'm planning on curing in, after having a long talk with a good friend I have 2 sets, 1 for single target cures, and one for ga's.

For single targets:

I thought the fast cast cap was raised past 50%.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-31 14:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
Quote:

For single targets:

I thought the fast cast cap was raised past 50%.

It is total casting time reduction caps at 80% which is easy for WHM to achieve with equipment alone.
By Mahoro577 2011-12-31 15:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

</if>

That is Spellcast though no? I use Windower macros.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-31 16:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

</if>

Yes SC. i think /wait 1 would be too long in windower. if ur using windower id download SC. it really helps u a lot as WHM.
 Midgardsormr.Markers
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2011-12-31 16:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

</if>

Yes SC. i think /wait 1 would be too long in windower. if ur using windower id download SC. it really helps u a lot as WHM.

Not to derail thread but; any updated whm xmls?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-31 16:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

</if>

It is too long unfortunately.
First Page 2