Good Compliment Dagger To Lux Pugio?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Good compliment dagger to Lux Pugio?
Good compliment dagger to Lux Pugio?
By Rivers 2011-11-29 07:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My THF isn't the best geared, it's probably horribly geared to your standards but I got a Lux Pugio last night and was wondering what a good dagger to compliment it would be? Other than the obvious Relic/Empy.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-29 07:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Coruscanti
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-29 07:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

All jokes aside: If you're not capping haste elsewhere Rapidus sax is nice. Triplus dagger is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE easy to acquire (people spam isge and are usually flooring that and isador). Then I have to toss in the obligatory "thief knife" comment.

Have fun and grats on dagger!
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-11-29 08:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been offhanding Triplus in DD situations but I mostly solo on THF and sub EVA Kila.

Triplus has nice DMG and delay and baring the novelty of Twilight procs, I think it pulls ahead.

/waits patiently for the math.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-29 08:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been curious about the Triplus myself. I'm not even a THF, but I see it offhanded quite a bit.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-29 08:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

that said, what would be the best for coruscanti? lux and oynos? you think the str kila's are more or less obsolete?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-29 08:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
that said, what would be the best for coruscanti? lux and oynos? you think the str kila's are more or less obsolete?

I would have to believe that the 25 dex and 9% crit rate from dual wielding those daggers outside abyssea would be no small increase in your damage. I don't know if it would put evisceration past DE because I'm a 6th string thf and poor at ffxi math.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-29 08:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

evisceration was already beating dancing edge on dnc before i got coruscanti :x

just been really unsure what to off-hand in DD situations with lux being there and what not
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-11-29 08:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I don't know if it would put evisceration past DE because I'm a 6th string thf and poor at ffxi math.

Evisceration has been superior to Dancing Edge ever since Evisceration was first modified to become a critical WS.

Oynos is not impressive unless you need it to acquire haste.

Kila+3 with STR/ATK is probably still useful on mobs with high defense, especially when you are not getting songs/rolls. But otherwise I can't imagine dual Qilin daggers losing to anything that isn't Mandau/Qilin or Twashtar/Qilin.

Sylph.Siccmade said: »
Triplus has nice DMG and delay and baring the novelty of Twilight procs, I think it pulls ahead.

There was a brief period where Karbuncle was arguing for Twilight based off erroneous eyeballed figures on the TP drain rate/amount, but I believe Triplus has been shown to be the superior offhand to Twilight in almost all situations.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-29 08:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Like i said... my thf exists just to put TH on things. I had read in one of the posts on this thread that DE had passed evisceration again for outside abyssea content and didn't see it shot down. I hadn't had time to compare them myself so, like an idiot, repeated it without doing research.

That being said: it still won't hurt evisceration XD and definitely not your DOT.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-29 08:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said: »
I don't know if it would put evisceration past DE because I'm a 6th string thf and poor at ffxi math.

Evisceration has been superior to Dancing Edge ever since Evisceration was first modified to become a critical WS.

Kila+3 with STR/ATK is probably still useful on mobs with high defense, especially when you are not getting songs/rolls. But otherwise I can't imagine dual Qilin daggers losing to anything that isn't Mandau/Qilin or Twashtar/Qilin.

Sylph.Siccmade said: »

There was a brief period where Karbuncle was arguing for Twilight based off erroneous eyeballed figures on the TP drain rate/amount, but I believe Triplus has been shown to be the superior offhand to Twilight in almost all situations.
i knew as much with oynos, just didnt know how i felt with lux honestly
By Nevill 2011-11-29 08:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Triplus imo. Easy to obtain and a great dagger.
By Foldypaws 2011-11-30 20:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

STR Kila beats offhand Triplus even on trash mobs. You needed 650+ attack to cap on greater colibri, which are level 81.

Not to mention the increase in base damage from 10 str.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-12-03 18:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Foldypaws said: »
STR Kila beats offhand Triplus even on trash mobs. You needed 650+ attack to cap on greater colibri, which are level 81.

use red curry buns because you shouldn't be having a hard time with accuracy and you can easily hit around 650-700+(race and tp gear dependent) without any other buffs in tp gear, throw a brd or corsair into the mix and you just broke this, add drinks if your in voidwatch or abyssea. I have a hard time then seeing the str kila beating the 3% triple atk rate, also increased ws frequency and damage, esp outside of abyssea.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-12-03 18:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said: »

It depends on the content I did salvage for the first time in a while on thf and salvage reg mobs, non chariot, evis was averaging 1800+ unstacked. While DE was almost a constant 1200. In dynamis DE averages 1200-1400 while evis averages would hit from 600 - 1300 averaging around 900.
By Foldypaws 2011-12-04 00:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said: »
Foldypaws said: »

use red curry buns because you shouldn't be having a hard time with accuracy and you can easily hit around 650-700+(race and tp gear dependent) without any other buffs in tp gear, throw a brd or corsair into the mix and you just broke this, add drinks if your in voidwatch or abyssea. I have a hard time then seeing the str kila beating the 3% triple atk rate, also increased ws frequency and damage, esp outside of abyssea.

You may have a hard time seeing it, but it does, by the math.

It's not just the STR and attack, it's the fact that it's got a DPS of 1421 rather than the 1295 of Triplus. Kila +4 is going to be even better.

Check it yourself with the DPS calculator. Low level mobs or high level mobs, STR Kila wins for offhand.
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2011-12-05 09:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If one had Twashtar
would there be a time where subbing Coruscanti/Lux be.....I suppose "accetable"?

I'm speaking in terms of both THF and DNC...