Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » own area
own area
First Page 2 3
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2011-11-25 03:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

how hard would it be for them to make it so when you entered only your group would be in the area.its getting hard now to even bother with it anymore so many soloers always like to camp on a group and pick off mobs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Razorback
Server: Bahamut
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2011-11-25 03:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

More like groups pushing out soloers...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-11-25 03:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ancientdragon said: »
how hard would it be for them to make it so when you entered only your group would be in the area.its getting hard now to even bother with it anymore so many soloers always like to camp on a group and pick off mobs.
missing that Timeless Hourglass, huh?
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2011-11-25 03:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ban BST from Dynamis and problem solved!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-11-25 03:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

GTFO bsts!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2011-11-25 04:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

nope most soloers seem to stick around just to piss us off so we start solo claiming everything
 Bahamut.Razorback
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2011-11-25 04:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should we go? We have as much right to be there as a full 18 person allience.
I've had more instances of parties screwing me over than vice-versa.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-25 04:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a problem and it is overcrowding, but not soloers. I'm farming my relic solo, I don't give a pup if you want to bring your whole ls in dyna. More people =/= more rights.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 04:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There's 10 dynamis zones, most with at least 2 camps. You can't be telling me every zone is full every time.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-25 04:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dreamlands are and they're the best place for solo farm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 04:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm somewhere else then. I do jeuno everyday and average about 140-150.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-25 04:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't proc all beastmen if I'm solo.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 04:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

sux :|
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2011-11-25 05:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

if i could have glass back with the proc system and have area to myself i would easly pay the 500k
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2011-11-25 05:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

that reminds me the proc system man do they ever need to fix magic and ws procs in dreamland
[+]
 Ifrit.Barthelby
Server: Ifrit
user: Barthelby
By Ifrit.Barthelby 2011-11-25 05:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They could split up the areas for Players with subjobs and Players without , this would solve most of the problems , or just remove the proc system and let EP mobs drop 1-2 items and EM , Tough mobs 3-5.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 05:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kraken club!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-11-25 05:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Little offtopic, but this seems like a good place to ask >_>

I'm looking to do Dyna bit to make a bit of gil for levelling new jobs/levelling crafts/etc.

I have 2 chars with these jobs:

Char 1: WAR91, WHM95, BLM95, RDM93, SMN88 (full Dyna access)
Char 2: THF95, NIN91, PLD87, BLU76, also planning on levelling my DNC41 aswell at some point (City Dyna / Non-Tav COP Dyna access only)

I've been told "THF/DNC, NIN/DNC, BST/DNC or DNC" would be my best options for farming Dyna.

My question(s) are:

Would I be better off levelling THF or DNC on my first char, or would I be best using something like RDM on that?

I hear COP Dyna gives the most coins (though pre-change, I never remember getting all that many with my Dyna LS), is this true?

Staggering in Dyna seems straightforward enough, but I just want clarification on something. Wiki says:
"Any successful attack under the appropriate grouping will have a chance to stagger the target, including attacks that have already been used on it before"

If I'm understanding that right, if I used Quickstep and it didn't stagger, there's still a chance Quickstep will stagger the mob?

Last question, how difficult are the City bosses now? I'd love to grab THF AF2 Gloves for my mule, but not having Xarc access is a bit of a problem there.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-25 05:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf/dnc is one of the best combo cause you have access to both TH and plenty of ja procs. Dnc is very good too though cause you could potentially go without subjob and have a chance on white procs. Dreamlands are the best destination because of how easy to proc JA on nightmare mobs(spam steps and flourishes and you'll proc every mob). Yes if you use Quickstep and it doesn't proc, it can still proc.
Beaucedine boss is a bit of a *** because of the adds, but I guess you could solo the eye and kite the dragons?
 Cerberus.Kuching
Server: Cerberus
user: Kuching
By Cerberus.Kuching 2011-11-25 06:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It is not a case of too many parties, or too many soloers. It's too many people in general. There are just not enough mobs in the camps to go around. Maybe if they made repop times shorter it would be a bit better.
I farm 150 on a bad day and a good 240-300 when there are only maybe 2-3 soloers/parties when I duo(dnc/thf with a brd).

P.s I'm not a bst
[+]
 Bahamut.Aramachus
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2011-11-25 06:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

no one that is at least remotely at sound mind can wish for the hourglass to be back with the current system. right now theres 5-20 ppl in at all times, most of them soloers. with the hourglass system dynamis would most of the time be occupied by ppl solo and your alliance would need to camp the entry spot for days until your hourglass holder wins the competition with the other 10+ solo ppl trying to get in and the area finally belongs to you for one try.

own areas would be an entirely different thing, just look at nyzul isle/salvage so it is at least possible, and nyzul had had its fair share of people too back in the days of toau endgame so I do not think SE will experience a server crash because of too many areas opened up at the same time. To save server ressources I would also support a dynamis mob system that weakly scales the mob density according to the number of people in your alliance.
[+]
By runeghost 2011-11-25 15:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

-oh dear- servers must vary a lot @.@
Server I am in the dreamlands are always empty. I have headed in a few times to try and solo but I have never seen other people come in.
-R
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 15:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

Your flaw is assuming that's anything decent. I manage 240 by myself minimum, and then average 1 white proc a run, so around 350.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-25 15:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a useful guide for the neo-CoP dyna, for solo'ing TE/camps to farm currency?
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-11-25 15:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but you don't average 1 white proc a run, exagerations or obscene luck. Dreamlands are much better than cities though, a bigger group would probably have the most coin potential in jeuno though if you just did every NM on repop.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-25 15:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, and on that note, averaging would mean many more than 1 on some runs lol.. How does one white proc? no sj, i know that much. But like is it a special action or random chance to proc when you dont have a sj?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 15:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Sorry but you don't average 1 white proc a run, exagerations or obscene luck. Dreamlands are much better than cities though, a bigger group would probably have the most coin potential in jeuno though if you just did every NM on repop.

I didn't say "everyone will average 1 white proc a run". I said I did. Quite literally, I am at an average of 1 per run and I've been going for a bit over a month. So kindly *** off. :)

My point was their currency output sucked, not how amazing white procs are.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-11-25 16:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that, I just didn't want people to be misled into thinking they would be averaging a white proc every run. It's not even worth doing the no SJ proc thing more often than not if going with SJ will grant you 100 more currency on average per white proc.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 16:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

Your flaw is assuming that's anything decent. I manage 240 by myself minimum, and then average 1 white proc a run, so around 350.

pics pls. unless you're 2boxing two accounts, i don't believe you
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 16:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I understand that, I just didn't want people to be misled into thinking they would be averaging a white proc every run. It's not even worth doing the no SJ proc thing more often than not if going with SJ will grant you 100 more currency on average per white proc.

If you're aiming to proc reliably while killing fast, the addition of a subjob isn't going to boost your output by as much as the chance of a hundred piece would. Or at least, that is the case for myself right now. If I had reliable procing options on a decent DD job, I might agree with you, but DNC seeks to gain relatively little from having subjob, to be honest.

And yes, I obviously dual box. I don't see how that changes how cities are very obviously subpar to Dreamlands (unless you're constantly pulling in NMs). I could pull up comparisons if need be.
First Page 2 3