Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Fusetto +2 and +3
Fusetto +2 and +3
 Ragnarok.Amador
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-11-24 04:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do they stack when equipped with each other?

Looking for a decent pair of AE Daggers for kicks.

Was wondering if this would put AE at 300% - 4.0 mod.

Any thoughts?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-24 04:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure they stack
By toshironikko 2011-12-19 03:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure only the one in the main hand counts
 Asura.Mekaider
Server: Asura
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-12-19 03:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

toshironikko said: »
pretty sure only the one in the main hand counts

That's correct for Martial, not magian.
By toshironikko 2011-12-19 04:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mekaider said: »

Can anyone confirm?
By Kalima 2011-12-19 04:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done this myself but I have seen testing that using both daggers will give you 300% WSs. Ill try to dig up the link when I have time.
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-12-19 05:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm?

Tired. Edited out -_-
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-12-19 05:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm that it works offhand.
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-12-19 23:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm?
I believe there was a post on this(thf) forums showing that it did in fact work off hand and that the only reason people thought it didn't work off hand was due to martial weapons.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-12-20 08:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I can also confirm magian works offhand. Been using one for months with my twashtar now.
[+]
By Aisha 2011-12-25 23:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

well if they stack then it might be worth it to make 2 TP bonus swords, considering that Evisceration has a crit hit hate +40% at 300% TP, and I believe crit hit rate cap from dex is 25ish % + merits for +5% and ontop of that any gear, could get around a 80% crit rate on Evis outside abyssea
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-12-26 00:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Aisha said: »
well if they stack then it might be worth it to make 2 TP bonus swords, considering that Evisceration has a crit hit hate +40% at 300% TP, and I believe crit hit rate cap from dex is 25ish % + merits for +5% and ontop of that any gear, could get around a 80% crit rate on Evis outside abyssea
Only problem with that is that dDex will not be capped outside abyssea (unless fighting trash mobs). So you'll more likely be around 65-70%, which is still pretty nice. Keep in mind though, You are sacrificing all the nice bonuses given by other weapons that would apply to both TP and WS phases for something that only improves WS.
By Aisha 2011-12-26 00:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

yea
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Only problem with that is that dDex will not be capped outside abyssea (unless fighting trash mobs). So you'll more likely be around 65-70%, which is still pretty nice. Keep in mind though, You are sacrificing all the nice bonuses given by other weapons that would apply to both TP and WS phases for something that only improves WS.

yea thats only downside =\ but still would be nice to see Evis's numbers outside with that setup an compare, what are THFs mainly using outside now? Ive been so busy with work I havent even gotten to 99 >.<
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-12-26 01:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yea
Phoenix.Kirana said: »

yea thats only downside =\ but still would be nice to see Evis's numbers outside with that setup an compare, what are THFs mainly using outside now? Ive been so busy with work I havent even gotten to 99 >.<
I hear 5/5 exenterator beats DE outside for sure. Also beats evis in low-crit situations. Assuming you don't have access to RS/Mercy, Exenterator with a good agi build is your best bet outside on almost anything. If you do have RS/Mercy, they will always win when stacked with SA/TA. Unstacked, Exenterator will win against RS for sure (not sure about Mercy, because of relic damage boost), but you will potentially be giving up aftermath.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-12-26 02:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside, Exenterator should do about 2.1k damage unstacked, no DA/TA/QA procs and with all hits landing, in a capped pdif situation. I have a pretty good set, but not the best, so I'm curious if anyone can get anything noticeably higher.

Evis should do anywhere from 1.1k-2.4k, same scenario.

Mercy should do about 3.2k stacked, same scenario.
By crebian 2011-12-26 02:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

forget making 2 TP bonus daggers since u can get the other tp bonus from atma ... the 10% ws damage increase is a better way to go for the other dagger..the damage increase from 200 to 300 tp is less then the 10% increase from the other mag. dagger...i have both and did testing on it while do other trials using same mob and 500 ws..maybe not enough testing but good enough for me..u can test it yourself while doing trials for second dagger to see for yourself and get your own look at how they stack up..good luck and have fun
By Ariaum 2011-12-26 03:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought some thing sam's found out long ago it isn't Weapon skill dmg +10% it's Weapon skill : DMG +10% in other words it just raises the base dmg of the weapon by 10% (Example: 40 base dmg weapong will be a 44 base dmg weapon for WS) maybe I am mistaken though.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-26 05:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ariaum said: »
Thought some thing sam's found out long ago it isn't Weapon skill dmg +10% it's Weapon skill : DMG +10% in other words it just raises the base dmg of the weapon by 10% (Example: 40 base dmg weapong will be a 44 base dmg weapon for WS) maybe I am mistaken though.

Yes you are. Its whole WS damage +10%, its that easy.