White !! In Dyna = 0.25% Not 1%?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » White !! in dyna = 0.25% not 1%?
White !! in dyna = 0.25% not 1%?
First Page 2 3
 Hades.Warviper
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2011-11-14 10:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So...

Reading everywhere that white !! chance is a 1% chance - did anyone actually do some actual testing to this?

Cause from my records last few weeks (going every day of cause) we get about 1 white !! every 4-5 run or so and we kill 110+ monsters per run so looking at my experience white !! is probably closer to 0.25% than an actual 1%
 Bahamut.Ragni
Server: Bahamut
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-11-14 10:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We got white !! 7/9 Dynamis. Maybe ur just unlucky?
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2011-11-14 10:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Being unlucky might be the reason also yes :D

1/37 on Valk. Emp. for its hairpin back in the day with TH3... #¤#¤ was i mad lol :D
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-11-14 10:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We used to get a white proc every dynamis until they nerfed AoEing. Now we're lucky to see 1/week thf/dnc dnc brd/whm. They cut our chances in half essentially, but it still seems like a lower rate.
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2011-11-14 10:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
We used to get a white proc every dynamis until they nerfed AoEing. Now we're lucky to see 1/week thf/dnc dnc brd/whm. They cut our chances in half essentially, but it still seems like a lower rate.

Yeah that sounds more like our streak atm also. We going DNC and BST/DNC but bst is only procing if we got mob at <15% hp and its not proced yet so its only a few of them maybe 10 per run or so and no AOEing
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-11-14 10:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's going to be tough to get an actual answer on this unless you find some seriously hardcore math people. I could be wrong, but I would think that most people's attention is taken up more with the actual dyna run than keeping track of,

Did JOB/000 person trigger?
Was it clean and not chatlog error? (Giving incorrect name.)
How many weaponskills/JAs did JOB/000 perform on each mob?
Was every proc attempt made during the correct time?
What was the total number of mobs?

It's probably going to be a thread of,

"We got 2 white !!s on our last run."

Which isn't very helpful.

I'd say, if you're happy with your records, then the number is whatever you came up with - at least for you.
[+]
By Barthelby 2011-11-14 10:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I m normally doing Dyna with a group of 4 DNC DNC NIN THF , got 7/10 white last 2 weeks.

What i found funny was we always got the 100s that the pt leader needed for his current Stage trial. The Pt leader never procced white.

5x Montiont dropped from Mandragoras with DNC Mythic WS.
1x 100 Byne dropeed from Raven with Mercy Stroke from Clement Skean.
1x Lungo Nango dropped from Tigers at Qufim during JA time.

Never got a white at Valkurm and at Tav we normally farm whit SJ.
 Cerberus.Cleaverr
Server: Cerberus
user: Cleaver
By Cerberus.Cleaverr 2011-11-14 10:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Your % seems correct Warviper I go with a BST + DNC setup DNC/nothing procs all mobs while bst zergs them after I have about 1 100 each 4 runs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-14 11:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I think it's going to be tough to get an actual answer on this unless you find some seriously hardcore math people. I could be wrong, but I would think that most people's attention is taken up more with the actual dyna run than keeping track of,

Did JOB/000 person trigger?
Was it clean and not chatlog error? (Giving incorrect name.)
How many weaponskills/JAs did JOB/000 perform on each mob?
Was every proc attempt made during the correct time?
What was the total number of mobs?

It's probably going to be a thread of,

"We got 2 white !!s on our last run."

Which isn't very helpful.

I'd say, if you're happy with your records, then the number is whatever you came up with - at least for you.
Anybody who runs Logger can contribute data to this without much effort. I would not be surprised if it's <1% given what little evidence I've seen.
By Barthelby 2011-11-14 14:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I also think the chance on white is higher during WS time , seen 1 so far during Ja time .
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-11-14 15:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd need a pretty tremendously large sample size to show that .25% is different from 1%, which is why I just arbitrarily set it at 1%.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-11-14 15:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done much of COP since the updates, been sticking mostly to the cities. So by locking your SJ you take away your chance to proc red but its replaced with a 1% chance at white? Then two questions, with white is it 100% chance at 100 from any mob? and 2) Is this worth doing attempting solo? I normally go as blu and could just spell spam but a 1% chance at procing for a 100 coin does not seem that bad when you can make 25-30 attempts per mob in about 2 mins.
By Barthelby 2011-11-14 15:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

6 of the 7 white we got was +- after 65-70min inside dyna .

Once we counted the procs til we got white was proc 80 after 70 min inside -10 min of TE farming . After this we procced 85 more mobs , didnt get a second white.

1 white was on the first mob we fought after getting all TE , didnt get a second that day and probably procces around 130-150 mobs after.

It was always the same WS on the same mobs.At least on Mandragoras it was 5x DNC Mythic WS the other mobs just procced 1x each.
By Barthelby 2011-11-14 15:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

@Snakeslice
With Subjob locked you can still proc red , and if you go dnc without sub during Ja time you will get solo like 100-130 without white . As Blu without sub its not worth to do Dreamland cause magic procs inthere suck .
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-14 15:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

100-130 on DNC? Is that accurate?
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-11-14 15:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so you can still proc red but there is just a small chance for that to be replaced with white? Thanks for the info.
By Barthelby 2011-11-14 15:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

At buburimu and Qufim yes and depends on the mobs , buburimu Raven and bunnys during JA and WS , at Qufim Bats and Bat Trio or Tigers and Snolls during WS and JA.

4 ppl 2 DNC 1 Nin 1 THF get around 330-370 without a white in those camps , and THF and Nin are nearly useless during JA time and do lowdmg WS during WS to not kill to fast til mobs are procced.

Edit: and if the camps are free.
 Sylph.Aleaucent
user: Aleaucent
By Sylph.Aleaucent 2011-11-14 15:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experiences it seems to be more around .5% based on the number of procs per run and averaging 2 whites every 3 runs over the cousre of about 30 runs with dnc/00 and nin, maybe a thf on occasion
By macsdf1 2011-11-16 22:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe there's a higher chance to hit white if you stagger while the mob is doing a tp move?? could be ***like that. But i'm 13/16 on white procs.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2011-11-16 22:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The mob always seems to have done a tp move when I proc white on DNC
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-16 23:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The mob has never been using a TP move when I've gotten a white proc.. ever. It's always been at the start of the fight for me. I'm averaging about 1.3 white procs per Dynamis now (going as DNC and WHM). And they've all been JA procs, but I don't stick around for mobs long after they change over (I'm gone before they do if I can help it).
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-12-05 12:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question, sry if necro

I've yet to see a white !!

I've been going to Dyna - Valkurm 5/5 TE, solo BST or BSTx2 both with subjob locked, and no white !! in a week and a half now... kinda lame.
should I give up on white and go with subjob unlocked? just bad luck? valkurm sucks? wtf?

any answers, or encouragement would be greatly appreciated

inb4 "we hate bst, ect."
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Server: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2011-12-05 12:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw my first white proc yesterday. It was on an add that showed up and started beating on me, so I quickstepped it while killing off the mob I had already staggered. I cannot say how often we have gone since the changes, but I have been going dnc/xxx.

For the duo bst/xxx, I would think it would be slower to try and proc w/o /dnc. We usually duo or trio (family, so we actually like to play together) and I am the only one that goes with a locked subjob. We all take on our own mobs to proc, or I run ahead, proc and they follow me up to finish em off.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 12:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We average 1 white proc every... 4th run or so. I don't keep track of how many mobs we kill so I can't say for sure what our % is. I can say with confidence that it is lower than 1% so far.

(WHM/BLM, MNK/THF, DNC/---)

I am full of rage and envy at those that get 4 white procs in one run.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-05 13:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience this isn't worth going for if you have to give up th to go sjless, or if going sjless gimps you really dramatically.

If you have a thf main or someone else subbing thf and a dnc/00 you're probably not giving up much though. From the times we've gone without th we easily lost 50-70 singles just from not having th :( (Just as an example, yesterday I decided to try sjless again for shits. We got about 260 coins. When I'm /thf or thf main, we get at least 350-400 coins). Adding 1 100 piece every few days isn't gonna make up for that loss.

People getting 4 white procs a run is probably just insane rng. One time in windy we got 4 100s, and then went literally weeks without seeing any. Rng blows :(
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 13:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

approves of
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-12-05 13:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i go in with sam/dnc + Whm (dualbox) and a thf. get around 250~350 coins each run and only split 2ways. i tried doing white procs at first but it just wasn't worth it. was barely pulling in 150 a run w/o dnc sub. not to mention getting TEs was a bit more time consuming without having jig available.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 13:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could figure out what we are missing, aside from some kill speed due to MNK not being 95 (which isn't that big of a difference since I'm dualboxing it), that keeps us from getting more than ~130-140 coins (not including 100s).
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-12-05 13:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I went in once with a group on dnc, I was the only one subjobless. Had to try! But not a single white !! was had that day. Bugger. But at such a low proc rate, it's to be expected I suppose.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-05 13:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How much more time could it take to use an oil and a powder over using jig? (which doesnt last as long)
First Page 2 3