Photo comments
First Page 2
 Kujata.Infinian
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-28 07:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

im just curious as to why people feel they need to be *** on peoples photos comments... is it because they themselves hate their life... are they sad and depressed and to make themselves feel better they talk trash about other peoples photos... sounds like some people need to get a life.
[+]
 Kujata.Rosangela
user: Angel
By Kujata.Rosangela 2009-04-28 08:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably because they don't have a life, lol.
[+]
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-04-28 08:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I don't post photos on my page. I don't see why personal pages even have ratings for photos. I understand the benefits of ratings for item photos and comments, but not for personal ones. Would be nice if you could at least delete comments on your photos that are on your own page at least.
[+]
 Kujata.Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-28 08:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ya i agree, like a have a pic of me and my 2 friends who play FFXI and i put our names and a link pearl above each of us, and people are tearing it appart just to be rude. it was supposed to be something funny as in "look at that, thats hillarious" not "the creator of this picture intended to make fun of these ugly kids, right?" -_-
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-04-28 08:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it wouldn't be so bad maybe if every photo wasn't displayed on the front page... That feature is a double edged blade, interesting to see, but then subjugates you to this.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-28 08:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

it's too bait people like you into calling people "***" and stuff.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-28 08:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed. Like trolls. We don't troll because we are bored. We troll to see how far we can piss someone off. We are well entertained. :D
 Kujata.Rosangela
By Kujata.Rosangela 2009-04-28 08:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if anymore people are going to post pictures for you guys to poke fun at? :o It's fun reading some of the comments sometimes.
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-28 08:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Infinian said:
im just curious as to why people feel they need to be *** on peoples photos comments... is it because they themselves hate their life... are they sad and depressed and to make themselves feel better they talk trash about other peoples photos... sounds like some people need to get a life.

User submitted image

I also noticed that my rating on my pics have gone down. I keep going to them to get the link so I can post them on forums and such then I noticed that after I started posting my opinion on these forums the rating went down. I am not saying that what I have constitutes a super high rating, but 3 of my pics were a solid 10 until I posted something on the forums. It is just people being *** because there is no repercussion to their actions.

I noticed in places like Yahoo! Answers where I do frequent from time to time. Someone will ask something and 15 people will have the same answer (because it is something everyone knows and it is pretty easy). It will be funny when you refresh the screen and see 14 of the 15 answers all got thumbs down but one. Actually funny isn't the right word, more like pathetic. Makes you wonder who did it right?

Also I don't know if you guys play Street Fighter 4. I do and when I play I will every once in a while gets some guy that backs you into corner and shoots fireballs at you so you can't move. It is ***like that that you won't find in the arcade. Frankly because if anyone continually did that to me, his head is going to get smashed through the machine. Online it is completely anonymous so there is no fear of getting the ***beat out of you when you are an ***.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-28 08:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol...yeah...over time all your pics go down the drain.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-04-28 08:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

People have to make their e-pen large to make up for what they lack in rl?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-28 08:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
Infinian said:

User submitted image

I also noticed that my rating on my pics have gone down. I keep going to them to get the link so I can post them on forums and such then I noticed that after I started posting my opinion on these forums the rating went down. I am not saying that what I have constitutes a super high rating, but 3 of my pics were a solid 10 until I posted something on the forums. It is just people being *** because there is no repercussion to their actions.

I noticed in places like Yahoo! Answers where I do frequent from time to time. Someone will ask something and 15 people will have the same answer (because it is something everyone knows and it is pretty easy). It will be funny when you refresh the screen and see 14 of the 15 answers all got thumbs down but one. Actually funny isn't the right word, more like pathetic. Makes you wonder who did it right?

Also I don't know if you guys play Street Fighter 4. I do and when I play I will every once in a while gets some guy that backs you into corner and shoots fireballs at you so you can't move. It is ***like that that you won't find in the arcade. Frankly because if anyone continually did that to me, his head is going to get smashed through the machine. Online it is completely anonymous so there is no fear of getting the ***beat out of you when you are an ***.

Lol, there are ways around this :P but yeah it is pretty annoying
 Kujata.Rosangela
By Kujata.Rosangela 2009-04-28 08:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
User submitted image

Ever wonder how much chalk was used to draw this? :o
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-28 08:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rosangela said:
Icon said:
User submitted image

Ever wonder how much chalk was used to draw this? :o

Gonna take a gander and say none XD
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-28 08:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:

Carry a lead pipe at all times?

I dunno it all just pisses me off. It is moving into real life more and more. It is always someone else's fault. Girl friend left me, daddy didn't love me, God made me do it ... there is just no personal accountability for crap. I am pretty much the same *** I am in game and I am irl. If someone coldcocks me because I'm being as *** I'm gonna get up and say "yeah I probably deserved that." I'm not going to immediately latch on to the nearest sect of people and blame them.
 Kujata.Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-28 08:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

true... it is unreasonable for me to call them "***" cuz im just as bad i guess. but the point is if i see a picture that i find HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or horrible weird i leave it alone because that like it and thats what matters. I dont feel the need to make them feel worse about their picture. And to top it off, just doing it to see how pissed you can make someone just shows the kind of person you are...
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-28 08:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
Kajidourden said:

I dunno it all just pisses me off. It is moving into real life more and more. It is always someone else's fault. Girl friend left me, daddy didn't love me, God made me do it ... there is just no personal accountability for crap. I am pretty much the same *** I am in game and I am irl. If someone coldcocks me because I'm being as *** I'm gonna get up and say "yeah I probably deserved that." I'm not going to immediately latch on to the nearest sect of people and blame them.

I meant around the idiots spamming fireballs.... but erm.... okay lol. Angsty much? XD
 Kujata.Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-28 08:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
Kajidourden said:

very true, very true
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-28 08:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
I meant around the idiots spamming fireballs.... but erm.... okay lol. Angsty much? XD

Oh do tell. Cammy vs and *** playing Sagat isn't fun.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-04-28 08:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know exactly what you mean. Those who dwell in basemets tend to enjoy raining on peoples' parades. When it comes to any MMO community though, its always good to learn to laugh at yourself and accept that some people will just argue to argue. Try not to take it personally :}
[+]
 Kujata.Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-28 08:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sterling said:
I know exactly what you mean. Those who dwell in basemets tend to enjoy raining on peoples' parades. When it comes to any MMO community though, its always good to learn to laugh at yourself and accept that some people will just argue to argue. Try not to take it personally :}

Im begining to cope with it, but (people may say im taking it too far) if you put a rude comment on somebodies photo... you dont know them... they could be clinicly deppressed and end up hanging themselfs in their closet because you though it might be funny to call em a douche or say they look fat or something.

i dont see how you would get pleasure out of knowing your pissing somebody off or making them cry.
 Bahamut.Delsol
Server: Bahamut
user: Delsol
By Bahamut.Delsol 2009-04-28 09:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok when it comes to fighting games like SF or SC, they should make it to if you use the same move more then say 3 times, it freezes you character for 2 seconds cause i don't know how many times id like nothing more then to throw my controller at the screen when some little punk is just sitting there spamming the same move over and over again but i don't throw it cause i remember how much I paid for my system... better yet they should build a sensor in the controller that shocks the living hell out of them IRL
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-04-28 09:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a difference between making a humorous comment and making an ***-hat comment.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-04-28 09:22:26
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the internet.
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-04-28 09:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The funny thing is, I can delete any comments on my pic or my profile, if I wanted.
I can't do it to anyone else, only mine.
So, if someone posts something assinine on my profile, I just delete it. :-)

~Yote
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-04-28 10:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Infinian said:

I'm beginning to cope with it, but (people may say I'm taking it too far) if you put a rude comment on somebodies photo... you dont' know them... they could be clinically depressed and end up hanging themselves in their closet because you though it might be funny to call em a douche or say they look fat or something.

ugh...I cant stand peeps that take stuff like this so seriously... I mean come on its not like I live down the street and call you on it every time I see you!! Once you step away from the TV/PC you are still your own person! Don't listen to what people have to say...it always gets ugly!"
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-28 10:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Infinian said:
im just curious as to why people feel they need to be *** on peoples photos comments.

The simple answer is "because they can."

Regardless of any other explanations that are offered or implied...the sole reason they do it is simply because they are given the ability to.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-28 10:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
The simple answer is "because they can."

^This. I, too, often wonder what the hell drives people to be douchebags, but rather then get mad about it, I just feel sorry for them. I mean, think about it; if their lives are so boring and pathetic that downrating or leaving a ***-bag comment on a photo or profile makes them feel better about themselves, then obviously they're pretty damn sad already. Delete what you can, and ignore what you can't.

Luignata said:
Welcome to the internet.

QFT.

And Icon, Love that picture! LOL @ "shitcock" ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-28 11:02:25
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I, too, often wonder what the hell drives people to be douchebags, but rather then get mad about it, I just feel sorry for them. I mean, think about it; if their lives are so boring and pathetic that downrating or leaving a ***-bag comment on a photo or profile makes them feel better about themselves, then obviously they're pretty damn sad already. Delete what you can, and ignore what you can't.

This is true. I mean just look at those tabloid magazines and the people who buy them. You have a group of people whose only purpose in their career is to rip apart at celebrities for any infraction under the sun despite them being very human no more or less than ordinary people are.

If the makers of the magazine weren't enough, you got people who actually buy them, actually read them, care about what they have to say and feel better about themselves whenever celebs break up, get divorced or walk around without makeup. These people are one in the same as these internet douchebags. The only difference is everyone for the most part is completely anonymous. So multiply the *** attitude and behavior and you have the internet.

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Luignata said:
Welcome to the internet.

QFT.
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-28 11:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
And Icon, Love that picture! LOL @ "shitcock" ^^

Funny thing ... when I started this job I found that on my PC. Either they were trying to tell me something or the guy who I replaced understands too.
First Page 2