Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Qilin knives
Qilin knives
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-04 11:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me start of by saying that there is already a main thf with twatstar in my set, and his sister who's secondary is thf. I use my thf like... never (unless I'm farming something out of boredom or proc'ing staggers in VW). I'm only saying this because I have no intention of doing empy for thf and I wanted that to be clear.

Right now I'm using twilight/triplus out of ease of obtainment. I already intended to keep spamming Qilin until i get hayouguys gorget, so I was wondering: Would mainhanding the corsucanti, and offhanding a lux pugio be any good, or just a complete novelty?

tl;dr I'm bored at work and looking at crap to stuff onto one of my backstring jobs.
By volkom 2011-11-04 11:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
corsucanti

what is that?
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-11-04 11:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Coruscant
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-11-04 11:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Provided you get them with as much ease as you got Twilight/Triplus, I don't see how an ODD, DEX +25 crit rate +4% set would hurt your THF.

But isn't Coruscanti super rare? Sounds like too much of a bother for a job you never play
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-11-04 11:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
corsucanti

what is that?

searching is hard.

Let me start of by saying that there is already a main thf with twatstar in my set, and his sister who's secondary is thf. I use my thf like... never (unless I'm farming something out of boredom or proc'ing staggers in VW). I'm only saying this because I have no intention of doing empy for thf and I wanted that to be clear.

Right now I'm using twilight/triplus out of ease of obtainment. I already intended to keep spamming Qilin until i get hayouguys gorget, so I was wondering: Would mainhanding the corsucanti, and offhanding a lux pugio be any good, or just a complete novelty?

tl;dr I'm bored at work and looking at crap to stuff onto one of my backstring jobs.

behold thiefs ultimate TP set.
but in reality, off hand triplus you'll probably get greater returns with more triple attack stacked.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-11-04 11:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Coruscanti would be the best main hand you can use outside of relic/emp. I have not done any math regarding it, but I think lux pugio would beat triplus in the offhand due to the much higher base damage and crit rate helping you more than 3% TA. I'm currently using Twash/Lux until I get Corus.
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
but in reality, off hand triplus you'll probably get greater returns with more triple attack stacked.
The problem is that TA has diminishing returns
By volkom 2011-11-04 11:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

oh sorry ; ; i looked on the wiki and didn't see anything there ._.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-04 12:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Provided you get them with as much ease as you got Twilight/Triplus, I don't see how an ODD, DEX +25 crit rate +4% set would hurt your THF. But isn't Coruscanti super rare? Sounds like too much of a bother for a job you never play

That's what I thought. Also, I was under the impression that Coruscanti had a +5% crit that doesn't print on the NA item (but SE promised to fix). Oh and the ODD was supposed to be quad damage, iirc :x

As far as the rarity, I planned to spam Qilin a couple million times for gorget, boots, and heavy metal. That's half the reason I was looking at these two (in case I get them as an un-expected side benefit).
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-11-04 12:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of difficulty to obtain from Qilin:

Coruscanti > Fajin Boots > NQ Dagger > Pouch of HM >>>>>>>>>>> Gorget
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-11-04 12:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

you want to spam Qilin to get the gorget? kk so 4ish runs to get it, dont need to worry about the daggers.
Coru is super rare, NQ-dagger i saw in the runs i was in like the same amount like boots, and i tossed about 10 gorgets before i got my boots, still not even NQ dagger for me in about 50 kills.

and your probably will get more plates when you farm gil and buy them.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-04 12:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently selling plates so that I can buy them later on the cheap. He has the best drop rate in my experience.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-04 13:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
you want to spam Qilin to get the gorget? kk so 4ish runs to get it, dont need to worry about the daggers.
Coru is super rare, NQ-dagger i saw in the runs i was in like the same amount like boots, and i tossed about 10 gorgets before i got my boots, still not even NQ dagger for me in about 50 kills.

and your probably will get more plates when you farm gil and buy them.
100,000 x 1,500 = 150,000,000g. It'd be easier to buy a relic. Farm the plates, get it to a manageable point, and then buy the plates when they tank.

I've gotten Lux twice, but never gotten Fajin boots or Cors. Don't even talk to me about the gorget.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-11-04 13:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »

The only thing i've gotten from him out of ~6 runs with capped lights is the NQ dagger ; ;
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-04 13:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Man... I'm like 50% on pouches :x I figured they were most common.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-11-04 13:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i got 3 pouches so far.. with 3 9 and 15 inside (still the about 50 runs)
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-04 13:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten 4-5 pouches, and I total at 42.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-04 14:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's like 6,300,000 for 42! I bet you'll be able to buy 420 of them for that in january :x
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-04 14:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It could also fund a good chunk of my Mandau, but I figure that I'd rather not cut off my nose despite my face, as Ukon is my favorite weapon in the game, and I plan on taking it to 99. Selling now as opposed to buying later: I'm not convinced the price will drop, considering the economical climate that currently pervades the game. People with assloads of gil continue to buy things for stupid prices, keeping the prices high. There's a reason that Dynamis currency prices haven't settled. It goes from 9k->12.5k on my server, even some weird prices like 10,777g/single. Either people sell for these prices, or they like sitting on currency. I don't really know.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-04 14:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
It could also fund a good chunk of my Mandau, but I figure that I'd rather not cut off my nose despite my face, as Ukon is my favorite weapon in the game, and I plan on taking it to 99. Selling now as opposed to buying later: I'm not convinced the price will drop, considering the economical climate that currently pervades the game. People with assloads of gil continue to buy things for stupid prices, keeping the prices high. There's a reason that Dynamis currency prices haven't settled. It goes from 9k->12.5k on my server, even some weird prices like 10,777g/single. Either people sell for these prices, or they like sitting on currency. I don't really know.

I like people who own their own choices, and destiny.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-05 10:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just put 5 up in my bazaar for 250k each. I wanted to save them for the guy who was nice enough to overpay for them already.

Woke up this morning and they were gone O.O
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-11-05 13:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

imo seems like Fajin Boots are more common (around two people get it every fight) than Lux (around one person every two fights). Same for Mail/NQ GKatana, and those legs/NQ Sword.

That being said, 0/60+ on boots myself, while someone in LS has boots+Coruscanti+Lux from far less total fights (and ironically he got Coruscanti before Lux). He wasn't even after the drops, just tagged along on LS event ;<
 Kujata.Savain
Server: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-11-18 04:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of those two daggers, how would they compare with a mainhand Deka +2 to a STR Kila at 95?

Wondering whether the attack and STR would be enough to overlook say, 1 lower delay, 5% critical hit rate, severe (4x) damage, and 3 extra base. (Because I'm two trials from getting the Kila to 85, and then I did a comparison to corsucanti, facepalmed, and wanted to ragequit the trial).
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-11-18 05:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

From what i been seeing both daggers are super rare (SE is on crack with these drop rates) boots are very common and gorget is very common(sept for me X.x). Oh and considering how rare they are the trial daggers prob still a reasonable option.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2011-11-18 05:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lies >.> I have gotten 2 Fajin Boots, no daggers, no pouches, and I'm still waiting on my dam gorget for my 5hit on DRG......
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-18 12:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently like 5/32 on gorget. No boots, or knives. I've gotten 8 pouches.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-18 12:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »

Lies >.> I have gotten 2 Fajin Boots, no daggers, no pouches, and I'm still waiting on my dam gorget for my 5hit on DRG......
What's up eyeballing?
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-11-18 13:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to do some Qilin tonight hopefully with LS. I have fought this NM 3x and got Gorget first fight and the other two fights were pouches with one having 9 and another having 12. All lights were capped in all three fights. I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of boots!