Mystic boon build
 Asura.Nzuh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nzuh
By Asura.Nzuh 2011-11-02 21:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A few questions:

Is mystic boon affected by base weapon damage? (lol)Wiki says it's greatly affected by attack - true?

Other than that I guess it has mind and strength mods so that's easy.

Outside abyssea I love this WS!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-11-02 23:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, base weapon damage matters. It's unclear to me where the mods came from. Here is the NA testing thread I found.

Other than that, it's just a normal 1-hit WS like Spirit Taker.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-11-03 01:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Google Translate is funny.
That table @ Studio Gobli translated "Summoner" as "Take a bath".

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-11-03 10:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Stack MND & Attack, those are the main stats. STR will help mostly through attack, don't know that it helps much otherwise.

I didn't think attack helped as much as it did, until I did a merit party a long time ago where it was 3 DDs, 1 COR, 1 BRD, and me WHM/NIN using Boon as my sole source of MP. This was at Lv75, in the Mamool camp near the colibri camps. When BRD gave me march/mad, my Boons were hitting in the 150 range. When he gave me march/min, it went up to mid-200's using the same equipment. Sounds anecdotal I know, and it kind of is, but I was out there for hours and we switched buffs around quite a bit, and it was night & day.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-11-03 10:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

attack + strength in my opinion. i usually do mystic in my tp gear which has a lot of attack in it. I avg around 600, spiked the other night at 1250 in dynamis.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-11-03 11:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 Mystic Boon. What others have already said. Definitely attk, and i guess a mix of STR and MND. Play with your WS set and see what works best for you.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-11-03 11:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, you guys are saying "Attack is super helpful." ...but that's just because you're an attack-starved WHM. It's not like Attack matters more for Mystic Boon than Black Halo or any other WS that can't crit.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-11-03 11:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

well im not nightfyre but i know that when i have less attack it does complete crap
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Rya
Server: Gilgamesh
user: TheRya
By Gilgamesh.Rya 2011-11-09 16:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Yeah, base weapon damage matters. It's unclear to me where the mods came from. Here is the NA testing thread I found.

Other than that, it's just a normal 1-hit WS like Spirit Taker.
MND was quickly determined to be a mod (including testing by Rya+Izzy)

I liked to think I was the first to nail down mods for it (esp. STR), just 'cause that would mean I'm a beautiful and unique snowflake! O:)

Link: Rya's Mystic Boon Testing

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I mean, you guys are saying "Attack is super helpful." ...but that's just because you're an attack-starved WHM. It's not like Attack matters more for Mystic Boon than Black Halo or any other WS that can't crit.

This, to infinity and beyond!

We mathed it back in the day, and pretty easily ruled out wonky attack properties. We're just weak.

Important points:
-- Attack is not unusually influential over this WS's damage
-- STR & MND are approximately equally beneficial, except when fSTR is capped (probably only possible in Abyssea) [source]
-- Base DMG does matter, for main (1st hit) and offhand (2nd hit)
By IcepickD 2011-11-23 19:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Everyone,

I've played with my gear to see what I can do for Mystic Boon too. I find the biggest boosts are Dual Wield and Double Attack. I'm still resisting to use Windower for macros, playing by the book, so I can't customize my sets as effectively some do, but I use the same gear I do for Hexa Strike, but with Potent Belt and Ajari Bead Necklace since WS belts and gorgets don't work for Boon. I do find accuracy is of the utmost, when I geared for STR/MND almost exclusively, I missed fairly often on EP mobs.

Single hit Boon, I normally get 260-300. With Dual Wield, I get 550-650. Double Attack proc can boost it to 850-900. My personal best is 888 so far.

My Naboot+2 is 70dmg, 10% double attack (still collecting Silver Mirrors for the lvl95 upgrade). I got lucky with the Resilient Mantle for an augment of +1 STR, +17 attack. Off-hand club may be Molva Maul, Purgatory Mace, or Prudence Rod, depending on the situation and my mood.

Asura.Alkimi
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-12-04 04:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

IcepickD said: »
Hey Everyone,

I've played with my gear to see what I can do for Mystic Boon too. I find the biggest boosts are Dual Wield and Double Attack. I'm still resisting to use Windower for macros, playing by the book, so I can't customize my sets as effectively some do, but I use the same gear I do for Hexa Strike, but with Potent Belt and Ajari Bead Necklace since WS belts and gorgets don't work for Boon. I do find accuracy is of the utmost, when I geared for STR/MND almost exclusively, I missed fairly often on EP mobs.

Single hit Boon, I normally get 260-300. With Dual Wield, I get 550-650. Double Attack proc can boost it to 850-900. My personal best is 888 so far.

My Naboot+2 is 70dmg, 10% double attack (still collecting Silver Mirrors for the lvl95 upgrade). I got lucky with the Resilient Mantle for an augment of +1 STR, +17 attack. Off-hand club may be Molva Maul, Purgatory Mace, or Prudence Rod, depending on the situation and my mood.

Personally what I use for it:

STR where I can get it and MND where I can get lots of it. Can do some impressive numbers:

lolabyssea and lolpots I know but you get the idea.
By IcepickD 2011-12-04 08:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You're cheating with Mjollnir, of course! I'll try feeding more STR into my set. Mystic Boon 3500, unreal. Though, it'd be nice to see "real" numbers in non-abyssea settings. Regardless, very nice Boon set!