users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » obtaining 100 pieces in dyna
obtaining 100 pieces in dyna
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-10-31 02:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

my friend and i have been low manning dyna for quite awhile now with some very slow starts. we are both new to dyna and just got my mule clears so we go with 3 people, thf/dnc+bst/dnc+whm/sch, we have access to the 4 cities and beaucedine. Currently we are bringing in ~150 singles per run in beaucedine but havent been able to get the 100 pieces to drop, the only NM's fought so far are the reg timed spawn ones amoung the mobs. i am looking for any ideas or suggestions on obtaining more single pieces or at least a higher chance at 100 pieces (1 per run would be a huge step up) or if 150 per run with our given set up is good or at least average then ill be ok with it, just seems rather low to me with never getting a 100 piece lol. any help will be greatly appreciated

also is this the best set up we can go with? or other options better
my mule has whm brd
i have nin/thf/sam/blm/pld geared and rdy blu/smn could be geared and ready
my friend has rdm/drg/bst/dnc/whm/blm and could get smn rdy as well
 Kujata.Savain
Server: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-10-31 02:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming any of those jobs are very well geared, clear glacier / xarca with a shout group and start doing CoP Dyna.

Alternatively, find a better camp in Glacier. I've done 200+ duo in Bastok, and have done 600 one night in Windurst as 4 (3 100's). Can't guarantee 100's in any zone unless you kill nothing but PH's for NMs and proc them all (theory is that proc doesn't affect 100 piece, but I've seen 1 unprocd 100, and the other 20+ were during a proc - could be false positive, etc).

As BST I did/do around 95-120 in Glacier, should be making 2-3x that in a trio.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-10-31 03:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

damn i was afraid of the CoP dynas lol my mule hasnt started any CoP yet :P, all the NM's have dif spawns times? i thought they where just timed spawn i wasnt aware they had PH's that could def make a differance
By Makado 2011-10-31 03:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming any of those jobs are very well geared lol? Has nothing to do with proc.
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-10-31 03:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

100 pieces are luck and a terrible drop rate, keep killing NMs while farming NQ mobs and hope for the best.
There is no secret... if there is, we aren't sharing.
By Makado 2011-10-31 04:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well said. Keep trying always good and bad days or even good bad weeks who knows.
 Asura.Caclax
Server: Asura
user: Caclax
By Asura.Caclax 2011-10-31 04:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

on my mule account with stormtrooper bst gear i pull in over 100 a day in cop zones solo, closer to 200 solo on my main account. its all about knowing the rotation of the zone there and not getting screwed on TE mobs early on. with 3-4man group you could easily go in with 1 member no sj for white procs for 100s in cop zones for chances at 100, but those are few are far between.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-10-31 04:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo with a friend and pull in 400-500 a day :)

100s like Treasure Hunter. Lots and lots of TH. Proc means nothing.
 Fenrir.Crystenne
Server: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-10-31 05:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's luck. Nothing more, nothing less. Every NM seems to have a flat 5% drop rate on 100s, procced or not. I don't think it's worth focusing on 100s, but instead, include NMs as part of your camps.

The best way to increase your 100 drops is either stack TH or kill more NMs in a zone like Jeuno. The white stagger system in CoP is honestly not worth the effort unless you have a DNC since the AOE nerf.

Since 100 drops are so scarce either way, your best bet for more coins over time is to simply increase kill speed after you proc.

Best of luck though, don't get discouraged!
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-10-31 05:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

100 pieces are pointless really. Go BLU/DNC THF/DNC and RDM/whatever, do JA mobs in CoP dynamis, and you'll see what I mean.
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-31 06:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
100 pieces are pointless really. Go BLU/DNC THF/DNC and RDM/whatever, do JA mobs in CoP dynamis, and you'll see what I mean.

Could change that to DNC/X instead of THF/DNC and for RDM go /thf. I honestly see zero difference between main TH and sub TH.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-10-31 06:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i actually 2nd that, dippers TH and my thfs th6 seem to have the same effect or at least no noticable differance
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-10-31 06:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone explain this white proc in CoP dyna? ive never heard of this
 Fenrir.Crystenne
Server: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-10-31 07:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
can someone explain this white proc in CoP dyna? ive never heard of this

If you go into a CoP zone without a subjob, you gain a ~1% chance to hit a white stagger instead of a red on any nightmare mob or NM. This guarantees an 100 when the mob dies.

No idea if this works on beastmen or beastmen NMs. I've never seen it happen.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-10-31 07:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

o ok thank you ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-10-31 09:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Savain said: »
Assuming any of those jobs are very well geared, clear glacier / xarca with a shout group and start doing CoP Dyna.

Alternatively, find a better camp in Glacier. I've done 200+ duo in Bastok, and have done 600 one night in Windurst as 4 (3 100's). Can't guarantee 100's in any zone unless you kill nothing but PH's for NMs and proc them all (theory is that proc doesn't affect 100 piece, but I've seen 1 unprocd 100, and the other 20+ were during a proc - could be false positive, etc).

As BST I did/do around 95-120 in Glacier, should be making 2-3x that in a trio.

You do NOT need to clear ANY zone to start doing COP dynamis.
You just need to kill Diabolos in the COP storyline to unlock it as well as the other general steps for unlocking regular Dynamis. Clearing Xarc is NOT a requirement.

No clue why after who knows how many years people still think you need xarc cleared...

Also, in regular dyna (Dunno bout COP), proc does NOT mean a thing on 100s. I hunted strictly NMs since the change up until beginning of August (Was getting ready to deploy so decided to take a break) and out of all the NMs I killed, I got a GOOD number of my 100s WITHOUT a proc vs with.

I'm not saying I got all my 100s that way, but I got enough to understand that it doesn't matter which you do, it is a flat 5% rate by the looks. Hell, usually when our SMN goes out to get our TEs, we start knocking off the NMs already up in zone and usually end up with a hundred before they're done if we're lucky.