Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » One Size Fits All Set
One Size Fits All Set
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-10-15 02:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dualbox but don't use spellcast, so my cure macros are cure macros and nothing in terms of gear really (except in some instances). So i was wondering on what to improve or any suggestions to this (or what is the ideal one size fits all set? or pretend you get one last chance to gear your whm)

(and on a sidenote i can't seem to figure out how to link my char to this account, or in that way that allows you to see gear etc.)

Note: That waist item is a goading belt.

Thats 48% Cure Pot

8.5% Haste

-54% casting time total (-7% from "fast cast" -47% cure/heal casting time)

+32mnd totaling to 129

If you wanna get specific
I'm taru with maxed -emnity merits and mp merits. No mind merits though, although i believe that will change soon. Does a Mnd ring win over Sirona's?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-15 02:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, mind ring beats sirona's. You should try to set up at the very least a pre-cast set(fast cast/cure casting-), mid-cast set (cure potency/mnd/haste), and idle set (PDT/MDT/Refresh). You don't need to use spellcast, windower macros do a wonderful job and require no more expertise than the stock game macros.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-10-15 02:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you cant set up spellcast/windower macros, it might be worth wearing the serp hands/shoes. lose some casting time, but the refresh will help in outside of abyssea situations w/o losing too much from actual cures. Although I do support above: really should try to have at least basic swaps. My mule has:
/console exec precast.txt
/ma "spell"
/wait 1
/console exec cast.txt
/wait sometime period you know will be after the spell casts
/console exec idle.txt
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-15 02:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, did you include cure casting time merits in that -54%? the cap is -80%.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-15 02:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You should really get macros.

However, back when I was on the test server and I got lazy, I did uh your set with these changes.

Serpentes Hands/Feet, Cure casttime neck, ENM- items in waist/ring slots.

But seriously at least get an idle/precast/cure potency set. :x
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-10-15 02:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing dualsend macros, i found they don't always work, a lot of the time inbetween each gear slot i have to put a /wait .1 otherwise only the first gear in the slot will change, that ends up costing 3 lines per piece of gear, add in the spell, and you got about one gear change you can do.

Yes I counted merits.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-10-15 03:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
If you cant set up spellcast/windower macros, it might be worth wearing the serp hands/shoes. lose some casting time, but the refresh will help in outside of abyssea situations w/o losing too much from actual cures. Although I do support above: really should try to have at least basic swaps. My mule has:
/console exec precast.txt
/ma "spell"
/wait 1
/console exec cast.txt
/wait sometime period you know will be after the spell casts
/console exec idle.txt

The fact that I don't know what you're talking about (.txt?) is probably really bad.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-10-15 03:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I dualbox and didn't use Spellcast for the longest time. It was pretty easy to get away with not swapping into refresh gear and then into Cure gear for ye olde cures in Abyssea, but outside, you practically need it. It saves you from having to rest and all those other shenanigans. And I didn't have to write much for my WHM "mule" Spellcast. Just took someone else's and changed the gear that was being swapped.

Not even two hours of effort and a world of difference.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-10-15 03:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Any nice step by step guides for someone who has no idea about how any of it works
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-10-15 03:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mesic said: »
If you cant set up spellcast/windower macros, it might be worth wearing the serp hands/shoes. lose some casting time, but the refresh will help in outside of abyssea situations w/o losing too much from actual cures. Although I do support above: really should try to have at least basic swaps. My mule has: /console exec precast.txt /ma "spell" /wait 1 /console exec cast.txt /wait sometime period you know will be after the spell casts /console exec idle.txt
The fact that I don't know what you're talking about (.txt?) is probably really bad.
If you go into your scripts folder in windower, you can make text files with gear swaps in them. then if you type
/console exec filname.txt it will run the text file(thus switching as many pieces of gear as you want using only 1 macro line.)
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-10-15 03:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

an example of what you would type in the text file is:

input /equip ammo "Ravager's orb";
input /equip head "Zelus Tiara";
//input /equip head "Fazheluo Helm +1";
input /equip neck "Ravager's gorget";
input /equip ear1 "Brutal earring";
input /equip ear2 "Ravager's earring";
ect.

// at the start makes the piece not equip and can be used to make the sets easy to switch. I cant help with spellcast if you decide to go that path.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-10-15 05:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ect.

// at the start makes the piece not equip and can be used to make the sets easy to switch. I cant help with spellcast if you decide to go that path.

thats all the text file looks like? does it need a certain title? what file is it stored in? etc
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-10-15 05:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you name it "mufasa" then you write /console exec mufasa.txt in your in-game macro to make it execute. You can name it whatever you want. It'll only take up one line in your in-game macro but in your text file (your windower macro) you can have as many lines as you want.
 Asura.Arris
Server: Asura
user: Shimin
By Asura.Arris 2011-10-15 06:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, windower console commands don't send properly through dualsend. It either errors, or just comes out as chat text. :/ (If someone has found a way around this please let me know!)

You could however set up a script to send multiple commands (like gear swaps) to the mule in one macro line. Just do like they suggest up there, but precede each with the /console send etc for dualsend.

As for your original question though, you may consider the Serpentes sabots/cuffs for content outside abyssea. A little more refresh never hurts, unless you're vigilant with your resting.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-10-16 03:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arris said: »
Unfortunately, windower console commands don't send properly through dualsend. It either errors, or just comes out as chat text. :/ (If someone has found a way around this please let me know!)

/console send mesic /ma "curev" tetec
 Asura.Candyapple
By Asura.Candyapple 2011-10-16 05:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I have not played in a while. It seems the game is becoming more complicated ;D

SE 6 line macros FTW-WHY? cause I don't normally play FFXI anymore, but when I do I do it old school!
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2011-10-16 05:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ya can I ask.. w.e happened to the non spell cast users who made there 16 line macros, and when they got saved to a //exec whatverusaved.txt just doesn't load anymore...

^^^^ this is what's happening to me... any reason why the main line isn't executing correctly, or has this been corrected since a few past updates???
By javelinx 2011-10-16 05:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

zenith pumps+1: with cure pot+4 and healing mag skill+6, casting time doesnt matter on those since u have cure clogs

genbu's shield: with cure potency+5 and spellcasting time-8

this set bumps you over cap for cure pot, just in case you don't get prime augments on shield/feet.

here's you fast cast/cure spellcasting down set, which only changes 2 gear slots, so you can do this with an old fashioned in game 6 line ffxi macro.

I think without using windower or spellcast, this is probably your best bet. Granted, a lot of this gear is very pricey or hard to come by, but you did say if i got 1 last chance to gear my whm lol...with spellcast you can do sooooo much better than this though.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-10-16 06:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ect.

thats all the text file looks like? does it need a certain title? what file is it stored in? etc

I find the best way to avoid errors, like a friend had is to use separate folders inside the scripts for each job or character, it also makes it a bit tidier. (Click images to enlarge.)

That's what it looks like in my scripts folder.

And this is what the inside of one folder is, including one of the notepad files in it.

When you make a folder inside the scripts, you have to change the ingame command slightly for the .txt files inside them, you have to put the folder name before the txt file like this

/console exec smn/smnidle.txt

Folder name and the notepad file names can be anything you want, although it's best to make them easy to remember.
 Asura.Arris
user: Shimin
By Asura.Arris 2011-10-16 07:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arris said: »

/console send mesic /ma "curev" tetec

What I meant was... you can't send a console command through it, to the other character. For example,
/console send MuleName /console exec somescript.txt
will not work.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-10-17 12:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Unless some testing was done that I'm not aware of, nobody knows what the cap is. Please stop spreading false info.

Everyone thinks that the cap used to be 50% and now it's 80% because that's what people keep echoing. It's like a giant game of telephone, but no testing has actually been done. It just started out one person said "I bet they raised it to 80%" then the next person says "Rumored to be 80%" then the next person says "I heard it's 80%" then the next person just says "It's 80%". No testing has been done. There is no known cap. Yes, we all assume there's a cap somewhere, but it's just as likely to be 90% as 80%.

In fact, the cast time cap was never -50% either, that was also a false rumor which started out as accurate (the cap on "fast cast" was 50% but you could reduce actual cast time lower with stats like "cure cast"). Fast cast and cure cast are two totally different stats.

If you must insist on giving some kind of upper bounds, say something like "People have confirmed you can decrease cast times by at least about 75%." That at least is accurate.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-17 13:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Unless some testing was done that I'm not aware of, nobody knows what the cap is. Please stop spreading false info.

Everyone thinks that the cap used to be 50% and now it's 80% because that's what people keep echoing. It's like a giant game of telephone, but no testing has actually been done. It just started out one person said "I bet they raised it to 80%" then the next person says "Rumored to be 80%" then the next person says "I heard it's 80%" then the next person just says "It's 80%". No testing has been done. There is no known cap. Yes, we all assume there's a cap somewhere, but it's just as likely to be 90% as 80%.

In fact, the cast time cap was never -50% either, that was also a false rumor which started out as accurate (the cap on "fast cast" was 50% but you could reduce actual cast time lower with stats like "cure cast"). Fast cast and cure cast are two totally different stats.

If you must insist on giving some kind of upper bounds, say something like "People have confirmed you can decrease cast times by at least about 75%." That at least is accurate.
I apologize for spreading information that was presented to me as fact in a previous conversation. I assumed that an essential game mechanic which would be relatively easy to test would have been tested already.
By Gandhi 2011-10-17 13:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »

I apologize for spreading information that was presented to me as fact in a previous conversation. I assumed that an essential game mechanic which would be relatively easy to test would have been tested already.
The problem I had with my macros, was the ; at the end was causing them not to load correctly. Was
Siren.Kunimatsu said: »

ect.

I find the best way to avoid errors, like a friend had is to use separate folders inside the scripts for each job or character, it also makes it a bit tidier. (Click images to enlarge.)

That's what it looks like in my scripts folder.

And this is what the inside of one folder is, including one of the notepad files in it.

When you make a folder inside the scripts, you have to change the ingame command slightly for the .txt files inside them, you have to put the folder name before the txt file like this

/console exec smn/smnidle.txt

Folder name and the notepad file names can be anything you want, although it's best to make them easy to remember.
The problem I had using the notepad file, was the ; at the end was botching my macros. I removed the ; and it worked fine.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-17 13:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neonracer said: »
ya can I ask.. w.e happened to the non spell cast users who made there 16 line macros, and when they got saved to a //exec whatverusaved.txt just doesn't load anymore...

^^^^ this is what's happening to me... any reason why the main line isn't executing correctly, or has this been corrected since a few past updates???

//exec doesn't work anymore for some reason within the game macros
use this:

/console exec macroname.txt
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-17 14:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Any nice step by step guides for someone who has no idea about how any of it works

From the looks of it spellcast will be the best help since you can use dual send to just send the spell command over and sc can do the rest of the gearing work for you.

There are some guides set up but the best way to learn is to fail at it over and over til you get it right. Here's a few links to basic info. There are a ton of people around here who will spend an absurd amount of time helping people with XML work so just post any questions in one of those threads and you'll very likely get some answers.

I'd check this out first, I've not actually gone through it all but from what I've seen it looks solid:
http://forums.windower.net/topic/19480-genesisxs-spellcast-tutorial-guide-discussion/

This thread is being put together but you can learn a good deal already as well as have access to some rather nice XMLs to adapt.
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/107435-Completed-Spellcast-XMLs-Thread

What has basically turned in to the SC questions and answers thread 171 pages of coding answers:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/74911-This-***-gets-serious!-SpellCast-2.30!-(2.40-now)
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-10-18 04:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I'm using spellcast. What should I be swapping in those fast cast slots for midcast? flygia doesn't seem to be out a simple +6mnd. but it does the cute thing of capping off the cure pot. serp hands and feet swap in maybe? other pieces? haste have to be a precast factor like fast cast?

Whats a medicine ring macro look like on spellcast? possible to do on every spell without effort correct?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2011-10-18 14:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kirana said:

If it was simple to test, it would have been. The problem is that the testing is not very simple at all. Rough estimates to put it as being decently over 50%, though, and given the other raised caps in game, an 80% cap is a decent conservative estimate (I believe PDT/MDT caps with Burtgang/Aegis were raised to 87.5%), as well as practical estimate (anything higher than 80% would make any midcast macros difficult-to-impossible to pull off).

re: Sirona's Ring -- It's contribution to a cure is (assuming the formulas are correct) -exactly- equal to a mnd+6 ring. A mnd+7 ring is technically better, but will only raise base cured on a Cure V by ~1 point. Thus, "mnd ring beats Sirona's" needs clarification about which mnd ring, and probably a 'by how much?' qualifier.