Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Cure Potency
Cure Potency
By Drjones 2011-10-12 15:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc(and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), it's roughly 2 INT = 1 MACC, so basically you're arguing that 0.5 MACC is enough of a reason to skimp on your INT, Nuking, MND and Enhancing sets.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 15:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
RDM has a lot of gear sets to worry about. You can't possibly carry "best" in slot for everything. You've already said your inventory is overflowing.
Never said I do carry the best for everything, I don't even do that on BLU. Can get pretty close by satcheling sets I'm not currently using though.

Quote:
With an optimal enhancing set I dont believe the 3 skill on cascade is going to break a phalanx tier, which is the only thing you need enhancing skill for.

Apparently I was wrong, Olympus has been implemented. Harnfer, Cimmerian, and Casso's Sash are the ones that aren't available yet. However, this set still works in my favor: with capped skill (376), merits (16) and gear (81), you'd be at 473 skill. You can drop Olympus for Cascade and still break a tier. Cascade will still break a tier if you have Hyskos Robe +1, but not if you have NQ (in which case you'd either use Olympus or drop belt/grip/ear and deal with being one tier short of max).

Also Gain spells (MND, STR if you melee) and T1 Enspells.

EDIT: Enspell formula is /20 instead of /10, so nevermind that. Phalanx and Gain-MND are actually the only reason for me to even try for the 470 tier right now then, hm.

Quote:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Cognition is a functional upgrade to your nuking set
Very small upgrade, and if RDM needs maac on anything these days, it's elemental magic. Oneiros Sash would be a better upgrade.
Witch is 1 macc over Cognition, Oneiros obviously has less than either, but that is potentially a valid point.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Naokoyume
Server: Lakshmi
user: Naokoyume
By Lakshmi.Naokoyume 2011-10-12 15:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Gain spells (if you melee) and T1 Enspells.

Or gain-mind for enfeebles, or particularly once we get gain-int. Gain-mnd with composure lasts basically forever, so why not.

I like cognition, cascade, and augur's gloves because I use all three on rdm/whm/sch. if rdm is your only mage job, then sure, save room with a witch sash if you want.

My concern now is whether I want to get all those belts or not... Enhancing belt, divine belt, oh my god. Too much new gear with too many marginal upgrades. I really need to *** my enhancing sets for all three jobs and see if the changes will help me any, otherwise I don't think I'll be getting olympus...
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 15:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot about that >.< I need to go out and actually do something on RDM besides spam for skillups lol.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-13 17:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
RDM has a lot of gear sets to worry about. You can't possibly carry "best" in slot for everything. You've already said your inventory is overflowing.
Never said I do carry the best for everything, I don't even do that on BLU. Can get pretty close by satcheling sets I'm not currently using though.

Quote:
With an optimal enhancing set I dont believe the 3 skill on cascade is going to break a phalanx tier, which is the only thing you need enhancing skill for.

Apparently I was wrong, Olympus has been implemented. Harnfer, Cimmerian, and Casso's Sash are the ones that aren't available yet. However, this set still works in my favor: with capped skill (376), merits (16) and gear (81), you'd be at 473 skill. You can drop Olympus for Cascade and still break a tier. Cascade will still break a tier if you have Hyskos Robe +1, but not if you have NQ (in which case you'd either use Olympus or drop belt/grip/ear and deal with being one tier short of max).

Also Gain spells (if you melee) and T1 Enspells.

EDIT: Enspell formula is /20 instead of /10, so nevermind that. Phalanx and Gain-MND are actually the only reason for me to even try for the 470 tier right now then, hm.

Quote:
Cognition is a functional upgrade to your nuking set
Very small upgrade, and if RDM needs maac on anything these days, it's elemental magic. Oneiros Sash would be a better upgrade.
Witch is 1 macc over Cognition, Oneiros obviously has less than either, but that is potentially a valid point.

u can break the phalanx tier? i thought 32 dmg reduction was cap?
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-13 17:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They uncapped it some updates ago, but the formula was changed slightly iirc.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-14 09:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
They uncapped it some updates ago, but the formula was changed slightly iirc.

Muchos gracias! And I was || this close to dumping my enhancing set for +inv lolz