Holy II ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Holy II ?
Holy II ?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-09 04:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! Before I explain my questions I just want to say that I'm not trolling :S Anyways, tonight was one of those nights where I got bored and felt like doing something a little outside the norm. I messed around with Holy II earlier but I wasn't really thrilled at the numbers in normal WHM gear and atmas.. I was getting about 1300 unresisted. So when friends went to bed I figured I'd toss on what available gear I have and see what it can do.

I went to Aby-Attohwa, straight to chigoes because I remember quite well trying to azure snipe them several months ago, and I was pretty surprised to find out I one-shotted them :O

So I see this spell has potential of doing decent damage(for a WHM).
My questions are, how could I boost this even further, maybe hitting the 5k mark or something?
1) gear upgrades?
2) atma suggestions? (was using beyond ultimate and allure)
3) food suggestions? (i think goblin mushpot is +10 MND?)

Again, this is mainly just for fun :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-09 04:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Novio earring
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-09 04:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian staff.
+3 mnd grip.
Pants with more mnd out there too.
Atma of the Undying gives +50mnd. PW Atma would be best of course.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-10-09 04:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly havent tried this yet on my whm mule but if its like blm spells n such, id imagine another high MAB atma would out damage allure's mnd boost, all nuking spells (so long as its high enough to not get resisted) +50mab will out do +50 int (or mnd in this case) anytime, but once again depends greatly on resist rates as well, all n all great numbers tho! if u get a chance can you come back showing the damage on some other mobs n the area

err edit: also was there any high amount cures cast prior to this for the solace bump?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-09 04:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

oo there is a light damage magian staff? that could add a significant amount. that's a lot of work to do, but i like projects like that.

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
err edit: also was there any high amount cures cast prior to this for the solace bump?

yes, friend recommended i do that! wasn't really sure how exactly it works though. is it based on how much you cured for last? cumulative cures? I forced low HP from clicking the icon and cure V'd myself to full 3-4 times.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-09 04:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My whm does around 1k to most Nms with ascetics drink or ES, its pretty decent dmg for a WHM lol
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-10-09 04:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

its not cumulative, goes off the amount ure last cure healed, ive noticed on holy I it seems to cap with one cure6 or so tho, but increases my Holy I from 100ish to 600+ w/ a cure 6 in just normal healing gear
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-09 04:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wait for lightsday you could take advantage of Korin Obi, Twilight Cape and Atma of the Holy Mountain (Indrik) and go to town with something like this lol

Light Dmg Staff of course
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-10-09 05:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I want Holy II :(

Edit: This thread makes me happy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-10-09 08:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the new avatar lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-09 09:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
If you wait for lightsday you could take advantage of Korin Obi, Twilight Cape and Atma of the Holy Mountain (Indrik) and go to town with something like this lol

Holy mountain is magic accuracy only, the full benefit is the same as an obi and does not stack - Unless that's what you mean... Beyond/Ultimate I'd go with with MM for MP, if that isn't a concern Baying Moon/Allure possibly?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-09 14:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »

Holy mountain is magic accuracy only, the full benefit is the same as an obi and does not stack - Unless that's what you mean... Beyond/Ultimate I'd go with with MM for MP, if that isn't a concern Baying Moon/Allure possibly?

Aw, dind't know they don't stack.

I guess the best Atma combo would then be MM for the Refresh, Beyond for the +30 MAB and +30% Light Atk and Ultimate for another 50 MAB and MAcc.

If all you want to do is one BIG nuke, then you could swap MM for Atma of Hell's Guardian (PW) for another 50 MAB. If you do it you better take some SS XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-10-10 10:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Teal Slops are an alternative to Wicca Subligar. Also, Atma of the Sellsword is an alternative to a third MAB atma to replace Allure. Even Undying would be better than Allure, for 20 more MND. Also, could use an augmented Demon's Ring with MAB+3 for the second ring. Lastly, Verse Strap +1 is an alternative to Reign Grip.
By Calipso 2011-10-10 10:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of pure damage:

1) Ultimate (MaB 50)
2) Hell's Guardian (MaB 50)
3) Beyond (MaB 30)
4) Baying Moon (MaB 30)
5) Undying (MND 50)
6) Allure (MND 30)
7) Fallen One (MND 30)

I was doing ~2500 (fully charged afflatus) holy(1)s on lightsday with Ultimate, Beyond and Baying moon. Was mostly just using whatever I had laying around.

Need to stop being cheap and buy holy2 :(
 Cerberus.Caylene
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-10-14 12:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
its not cumulative, goes off the amount ure last cure healed, ive noticed on holy I it seems to cap with one cure6 or so tho, but increases my Holy I from 100ish to 600+ w/ a cure 6 in just normal healing gear

Actually it is cumulative- if you read up on the description of Afflatus Solace you'll see it there.
By kenshynofshiva 2011-10-14 12:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Calipso said: »
In terms of pure damage:

1) Ultimate (MaB 50)
2) Hell's Guardian (MaB 50)
3) Beyond (MaB 30)
4) Baying Moon (MaB 30)
5) Undying (MND 50)
6) Allure (MND 30)
7) Fallen One (MND 30)

I was doing ~2500 (fully charged afflatus) holy(1)s on lightsday with Ultimate, Beyond and Baying moon. Was mostly just using whatever I had laying around.

Need to stop being cheap and buy holy2 :(

1) Beyond (MaB 30) + 30% increase light/ice damage ---- can't beat that